Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm Leads X-Men To Africa in AMAZING X-MEN ANNUAL #1

Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
    marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think Marvel understand how popular Storm is

http://www.newsarama.com/21174-storm-leads-x-men-to-africa-in-amazing-x-men-annual-1.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+newsaramagames+(Newsarama.com+games)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think Marvel understand how popular Storm is

http://www.newsarama.com/21174-storm-leads-x-men-to-africa-in-amazing-x-men-annual-1.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+newsaramagames+(Newsarama.com+games)

I really hope this is going to be a great story!

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlexcabanilla: Awesomeness! Doth the weather goddess, fierce empathic leader and force of nature finally come into the fullness of all her potential?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlexcabanilla: Awesomeness! Doth the weather goddess, fierce empathic leader and force of nature finally come into the fullness of all her potential?

Hopefully. The writer seems to have an interest in exploring her powers and her emotional connection to them. I am looking forward to the issue.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1 said:

Hopefully. The writer seems to have an interest in exploring her powers and her emotional connection to them. I am looking forward to the issue.

And please do tell us after. :)

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@marlexcabanilla: Marvel has always known Storm is popular, it's just now that Marvel's Avengers have hit the big screen for them, along with Disney owning them, the X-Men are taking more of a back seat in Marvel. They may be extremely popular and get a lot of books, but it's clear they are pushing characters that Disney owns ahead to become the face of Marvel. If the X-Men weren't a Fox property right now and Disney owned her, then I think instead of Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, or Black Widow, Storm would be considered their Wonder Woman (again).

In any case it's cool that she will be getting her own comic. I don't normally like the X-Men, and I have a lot of trouble keeping up with Marvel's continuity, but I may pick up her new series.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marlexcabanilla: Marvel has always known Storm is popular, it's just now that Marvel's Avengers have hit the big screen for them, along with Disney owning them, the X-Men are taking more of a back seat in Marvel. They may be extremely popular and get a lot of books, but it's clear they are pushing characters that Disney owns ahead to become the face of Marvel. If the X-Men weren't a Fox property right now and Disney owned her, then I think instead of Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, or Black Widow, Storm would be considered their Wonder Woman (again).

In any case it's cool that she will be getting her own comic. I don't normally like the X-Men, and I have a lot of trouble keeping up with Marvel's continuity, but I may pick up her new series.

Yehey! Thanks a lot. :)

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jhazzroucher: No thanks necessary, I'm just stating the truth. Before Marvel's purchase by Disney, Storm was the female face of Marvel, and I kind of feel bad she no longer has that privilege.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: No thanks necessary, I'm just stating the truth. Before Marvel's purchase by Disney, Storm was the female face of Marvel, and I kind of feel bad she no longer has that privilege.

it's interesting that the more they try to shove Black Widow and Carol Danvers (whatever name she's wearing now) to the fore (one in the MCU the other in print - and apparently coming to an Avengers or -related phase 3 movie near you)... the more its seems an artificial position for them, since for at least 20 years, if not more, Storm was the only recognisable female face marvel had. Apart from Aunt May, and Mary-Jane...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

it's interesting that the more they try to shove Black Widow and Carol Danvers (whatever name she's wearing now) to the fore (one in the MCU the other in print - and apparently coming to an Avengers or -related phase 3 movie near you)... the more its seems an artificial position for them, since for at least 20 years, if not more, Storm was the only recognisable female face marvel had. Apart from Aunt May, and Mary-Jane...

Storm, Rogue and Jean Grey were the most recognizable before until The Avengers got a movie which Scarlet has become recognizable too. As for Carol, they always give her an ongoing even if it doesn't sell well. For Aunt May, not a lot of people really notice her. I don't even remember how she looked like in previous spider-man films. But I kinda remember Mary Jane. You should include Iron Man's girlfriend in IM movies if you're including Aunt May and MJ.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By devilsgrin81

@jhazzroucher said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Storm, Rogue and Jean Grey were the most recognizable before until The Avengers got a movie which Scarlet has become recognizable too. As for Carol, they always give her an ongoing even if it doesn't sell well. For Aunt May, not a lot of people really notice her. I don't even remember how she looked like in previous spider-man films. But I kinda remember Mary Jane. You should include Iron Man's girlfriend in IM movies if you're including Aunt May and MJ.

no i'm using them as recognizable from BEFORE the MCU began. Pepper Potts has never been that major a character, coz really its only since Iron Man the movie that he's been in the same league as Hulk, Wolverine and Captain America. Aunt May and MJ were perhaps the best know marvel women aside from Storm, and teh Invisible Girl/Woman. Rogue and Jean too. There was a very long period where the x-men were the poster characters for Marvel, with only Spidey being their better or close equal. So this makes sense.

Spiderman is by far Marvel's biggest star, so it also makes sense that his Aunt May (the poster woman for the frail damsel in distress) and his Mary-Jane (the poster woman for the love-interest damsel in distress) would be well known characters.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.