Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm is Marvel's Wonder Woman

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#151  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@butterflykyss: You know that's not gonna happen, Carol will be lucky to get in the Avengers movie. Storm on the other hand should be in every legit Xmen movie. She's is and always will be an integral part of the Xmen in my book.

You don't think Carol will get a chance to be in the Avengers movie? I would think she might make an appearance in the second one at least. You make an interesting point though. if Carol was so essential to the team why wasn't she featured in their first movie. Storm sure as heck has been featured in most of the X-films aside from the wolverine and first class.

Storm doesnt have anywhere else to appear.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@jhazzroucher: Sorry but I'd say Carol Danver is Marvels Wonder Woman! http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/28/halle-berry-says-shes-almost-certainly-back-for-more-storm-in-x-men-days-of-future-past/

how credible is this.. i mean i hear nothing but bad things about bleedingcool

But if Halle returns as Storm in this movie this will be the 4th movie Storm has been featured in and still waiting on that number for Ms. Marvel..

So Storm will have been in four films, but Marvel doesn't believe in her enough to give her a solo title...?

I don't know what Marvel thinks in regards to why they haven't given her a solo title. Now if you are asking my opinion, I don't believe that Marvel as a company feel that they can market a black and female character to a market heavily saturated with buyers who tend to be white and male. By all indication that would seem to be true. But look at what Marvel has allowed. 1.) They have given Ms. Marvel3 ongoings even though the first wto had mediocre sales, yet one of their most recognizable and iconic characters hasn't been given that same shot. 2.) They have Gambit a shot at an ongoing that isn't doing too well now; however, a character who was able to go toe to toe against DC's leading lady and beat her in essentially a popularity contest never got a chance to have her own solo title. To me the article was dead on when they stated it was a shame Storm hasn't gotten one. She deserves one based on all accounts of her presence in and out of the comics. So yes Storm will potentially be in four films, in all if not most X-men and non-Xmen related cartoons, in most X-men themed and non-xmen themed games, having her own ride yet she doesn't have a solo title.

If she's so popular in other media, shouldn't they try and give her an ongoing? If people know and like her then it might sell.@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@jhazzroucher: Sorry but I'd say Carol Danver is Marvels Wonder Woman! http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/28/halle-berry-says-shes-almost-certainly-back-for-more-storm-in-x-men-days-of-future-past/

But if Halle returns as Storm in this movie this will be the 4th movie Storm has been featured in and still waiting on that number for Ms. Marvel..

So Storm will have been in four films, but Marvel doesn't believe in her enough to give her a solo title...?

Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel aka Captain Marvel has had several titles over the years, and never been cast in movies. I',m not trying to make a career comparison on C. Danvers and Storm's career, I'm comparing Wonder Womans Power set to C.Danvers which is why I said C. Danvers is Marvels Wonder Woman.

I get that, I was really just responding to butterflykysses comment.@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Ms. M was kind of a no name that Rogue all, but replaced. When she came back during House of M Marvel really pushed for her to be a big name character. She got her own series "didn't last long", she stood next to Marvel's biggest heroes and was never written to be lesser than them, she came with alot a great story potential let off from the 80's, and she and Jessica were developed side by side making both characters stronger. Compared to where she was Carol has grown leaps and bounds. In short she's come along way from being the female counter part of a character who is more famous for being dead than living.

Ah. I knew most of that. :P

50 Issues doesn't seem so bad. More than her previous series anyway.

I think her success in that run is what cemented Marvel's wanting to promote her to be their number one. Not many female counter parts overshadow the male so she has an edge that She Hulk doesn't "but Red She Hulk might", Storm is risky and Marvel knows it. If they can't keep a black males solo going they don't figure they could keep a black woman's. Black Widow under the right team and with the right concept I think could hold a successful solo too. Rogue is a maybe in my eyes too. Having her be a mutant investigator could be interesting with her power set. Anyway power to Carol I hope she does well and Marvel catches up to DC's women one day.

Maybe that success, edge and Marvel promoting her are why some people are saying that she's Marvels Wonder Woman.

But yeah, hopefully Carol and many other Marvel women will get some proper solo success soon. :)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By butterflykyss

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Storm had hit WW several times before she was KOd.. and she got zapped a couple times by OM before she was out too and it look to be continuous stream of lightning.. so.. again.. she can be taken out as shown by the scans which was my only point aside from her being tagged by slower moving opponents.

i had forgotten. very well, i concede due to lack of evidence to the contrary.

thank you for your concession it is very much appreciated :)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By butterflykyss

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Carol Danvers aka Ms. Marvel aka Captain Marvel has had several titles over the years, and never been cast in movies. I',m not trying to make a career comparison on C. Danvers and Storm's career, I'm comparing Wonder Womans Power set to C.Danvers which is why I said C. Danvers is Marvels Wonder Woman.

if people are saying that C. Danvers is Marvel's WW based on her powerset then fine.. I can't argue with that.. but i think in the article at least they were talking about in terms of iconic status, popularity, and significance in and out of the comics.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@butterflykyss: You know that's not gonna happen, Carol will be lucky to get in the Avengers movie. Storm on the other hand should be in every legit Xmen movie. She's is and always will be an integral part of the Xmen in my book.

You don't think Carol will get a chance to be in the Avengers movie? I would think she might make an appearance in the second one at least. You make an interesting point though. if Carol was so essential to the team why wasn't she featured in their first movie. Storm sure as heck has been featured in most of the X-films aside from the wolverine and first class.

I don't know about that.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#156  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I agree with butterflykyss

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By jhazzroucher

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Storm had hit WW several times before she was KOd.. and she got zapped a couple times by OM before she was out too and it look to be continuous stream of lightning.. so.. again.. she can be taken out as shown by the scans which was my only point aside from her being tagged by slower moving opponents.

awesome point

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I don't know about that.

where else would she appear?

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By evilvegeta74

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I don't know what Marvel thinks in regards to why they haven't given her a solo title. Now if you are asking my opinion, I don't believe that Marvel as a company feel that they can market a black and female character to a market heavily saturated with buyers who tend to be white and male. By all indication that would seem to be true. But look at what Marvel has allowed. 1.) They have given Ms. Marvel3 ongoings even though the first wto had mediocre sales, yet one of their most recognizable and iconic characters hasn't been given that same shot. 2.) They have Gambit a shot at an ongoing that isn't doing too well now; however, a character who was able to go toe to toe against DC's leading lady and beat her in essentially a popularity contest never got a chance to have her own solo title. To me the article was dead on when they stated it was a shame Storm hasn't gotten one. She deserves one based on all accounts of her presence in and out of the comics. So yes Storm will potentially be in four films, in all if not most X-men and non-Xmen related cartoons, in most X-men themed and non-xmen themed games, having her own ride yet she doesn't have a solo title.

If she's so popular in other media, shouldn't they try and give her an ongoing? If people know and like her then it might sell.@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I get that, I was really just responding to butterflykysses comment.@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Ms. M was kind of a no name that Rogue all, but replaced. When she came back during House of M Marvel really pushed for her to be a big name character. She got her own series "didn't last long", she stood next to Marvel's biggest heroes and was never written to be lesser than them, she came with alot a great story potential let off from the 80's, and she and Jessica were developed side by side making both characters stronger. Compared to where she was Carol has grown leaps and bounds. In short she's come along way from being the female counter part of a character who is more famous for being dead than living.

I think her success in that run is what cemented Marvel's wanting to promote her to be their number one. Not many female counter parts overshadow the male so she has an edge that She Hulk doesn't "but Red She Hulk might", Storm is risky and Marvel knows it. If they can't keep a black males solo going they don't figure they could keep a black woman's. Black Widow under the right team and with the right concept I think could hold a successful solo too. Rogue is a maybe in my eyes too. Having her be a mutant investigator could be interesting with her power set. Anyway power to Carol I hope she does well and Marvel catches up to DC's women one day.

Maybe that success, edge and Marvel promoting her are why some people are saying that she's Marvels Wonder Woman.

But yeah, hopefully Carol and many other Marvel women will get some proper solo success soon. :)

Marvel will always downplay their women, for some idiotic reason. They don't get a fair shake.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By butterflykyss

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

what do you mean.. she has ties to not only the xmen, but also was a member of the FF in place of Sue and Reed, and was recently a member of the Avengers. She is now the headmistress of the Jean Grey Institute, co-leading the X-force team, and soon to be leading another all woman team. So she does have plenty of places to appear.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I don't know about that.

Storm is everywhere

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By butterflykyss

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

If she's so popular in other media, shouldn't they try and give her an ongoing? If people know and like her then it might sell.

Of course they should try but like some others have already pointed to, if BP or Luke Cage can't keep an on-going as black males the logic may be that Storm wouldn't fair well as a black female. However, what the BP and Cage don't have that Storm has is an incredible powerset that could potentially be used in so many ways, and she has ties to one the most popular comic characters to ever live. What would make her on-going successful is to have interesting new stories with fresh ideas that explore different approaches to her personality as well as her power in general, and a great artist would work as well. I think it could sell and do exceptionally well but Marvel has to put an honest effort in making that happen.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@jhazzroucher said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

its actually quite simple, its not as easy to put many characters in an Avengers movies as it is with X-Men. X-Men generally dont require solo preludes because they all get their power from their x-gene and all of their stories can generally be told in passing because most of the time the audience generally doesn't care all that much.

Avengers generally have to hold their own solo movie including the obligatory origin story. now in theory Carol's origin could be featured in a future Avengers movie once the MU goes cosmic.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By butterflykyss

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

its actually quite simple, its not as easy to put many characters in an Avengers movies as it is with X-Men. X-Men generally dont require solo preludes because they all get their power from their x-gene and all of their stories can generally be told in passing because most of the time the audience generally doesn't care all that much.

Avengers generally have to hold their own solo movie including the obligatory origin story. now in theory Carol's origin could be featured in a future Avengers movie once the MU goes cosmic.

interesting point.. but BW didn't have a solo prior this movie.. and if C. Danvers was so integral to the team, why wasn't she featured on the avengers first movie?

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

what do you mean.. she has ties to not only the xmen, but also was a member of the FF in place of Sue and Reed, and was recently a member of the Avengers. She is now the headmistress of the Jean Grey Institute, co-leading the X-force team, and soon to be leading another all woman team. So she does have plenty of places to appear.

The Avengers and FF movies are owned by completely different companies and Storm didnt do anything of note with either teams. nearly any none comic book fan would have a WTF!?! moment similarly to the Green Lantern movie. all of her interesting stories are tied primarily to the X-men and their related groups

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I don't know about that.

If Marvel/Disney gets the rights back from Fox Network, Storm could be cast in any movie Marvel chose to put her in!

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

If she's so popular in other media, shouldn't they try and give her an ongoing? If people know and like her then it might sell.

Of course they should try but like some others have already pointed to, if BP or Luke Cage can't keep an on-going as black males the logic may be that Storm wouldn't fair well as a black female. However, what the BP and Cage don't have that Storm has is an incredible powerset that could potentially be used in so many ways, and she has ties to one the most popular comic characters to ever live. What would make her on-going successful is to have interesting new stories with fresh ideas that explore different approaches to her personality as well as her power in general, and a great artist would work as well. I think it could sell and do exceptionally well but Marvel has to put an honest effort in making that happen.

Black Panther and Luke Cage haven't been in films though, so they don't have that extra bit of interest that she has.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

I don't know about that.

If Marvel/Disney gets the rights back from Fox Network,

They wont. Fox is much too smart and greedy

Storm could be cast in any movie Marvel chose to put her in!

Not really. maybe a mention or cameo in a non X-men movie but not a starring role. she's not Spidey

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#169  Edited By Teerack

Considering how less popular X-Men have been the past ten years compared to Avengers I would say that Marvel has been trying and succeeding in making Ms Marvel/Captain Marvel their leading lady.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Storm doesnt have anywhere else to appear. would'nt count it out, but a serious Cameo in a Spidey movie could help the cause

I don't know about that.

Not really. maybe a mention or cameo in a non X-men movie but not a starring role. she's not Spidey

I would'nt rule it out, but a serious Cameo in a Spidey movie could help the cause.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

interesting point.. but BW didn't have a solo prior this movie..

Natasha is an Iron Man character and was featured in the storyline the Avengers movie drew inspiration from therefore could easily be slipped in effortlessly

and if C. Danvers was so integral to the team, why wasn't she featured on the avengers first movie?

as i said in the post preceding this. it would have taken a great deal more effort because she requires her own solo and the like . she's also a female superhero (which Hollywood seems to have something against giving solo movies too, probably due to Supergirl and Catwoman).

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Storm doesnt have anywhere else to appear. would'nt count it out, but a serious Cameo in a Spidey movie could help the cause

I don't know about that.

I would'nt rule it out, but a serious Cameo in a Spidey movie could help the cause.

what would she do?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#173  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @butterflykyss said:

Well I don't think the author intended their work to be a infallible science. Again, people may weigh having an on-going more important than being featured in a movie. However, television and movies, and even video games for that matter reach people a lot more then comics do and often times it is through these mediums that people even initially start reading the comics. So I disagree when you said it falsely represents what is important to them, because in the grand scheme all of these mediums bring these companies revenue which is the bottom line.

That's not what I said. I said those numbers falsely represent what impact those characters have on Marvel and those particular products. Storm is the most popular female superhero on Marvel roster. Not because of her number of appearances, not because she was in movies or video games but because she was a major part of a immensely popular show that people remember from their childhood and grew up with. It's not about how often you appear it's what those appearances do for those characters that we should be looking at.
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By evilvegeta74

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Black Panther and Luke Cage haven't been in films though, so they don't have that extra bit of interest that she has.

Actually John singleton was supposed to do a Luke Cage movie and has bwent through several scripts. Tyrese Gibsonwas rumored to play the role at one point and even beefed up for the role.Thats been off and on since around 1997 I think. Wesley Snipes was supposed to play or displayed a very serious interest in playing the Black Panther, but he's had problems with his taxes and has since relocated to a 6 by 9 cell somewhere for tax evasion.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

this.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @evilvegeta74 said:

Actually John singleton was supposed to do a Luke Cage movie and has bwent through several scripts. Tyrese Gibsonwas rumored to play the role at one point and even beefed up for the role.Thats been off and on since around 1997 I think. Wesley Snipes was supposed to play or displayed a very serious interest in playing the Black Panther, but he's had problems with his taxes and has since relocated to a 6 by 9 cell somewhere for tax evasion.

Also New Line Cinema was supposed to do Black Panther instead of Blade but Marvel wouldn't let them do it.
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By evilvegeta74

@Vance Astro said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Also New Line Cinema was supposed to do Black Panther instead of Blade but Marvel wouldn't let them do it.

Thanks for the assist, I've sort been in and out of the loop on the subject.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @evilvegeta74 said:

Thanks for the assist, I've sort been in and out of the loop on the subject.

No problem :)
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Vance Astro said:

@butterflykyss said:

Well I don't think the author intended their work to be a infallible science. Again, people may weigh having an on-going more important than being featured in a movie. However, television and movies, and even video games for that matter reach people a lot more then comics do and often times it is through these mediums that people even initially start reading the comics. So I disagree when you said it falsely represents what is important to them, because in the grand scheme all of these mediums bring these companies revenue which is the bottom line.

That's not what I said. I said those numbers falsely represent what impact those characters have on Marvel and those particular products. Storm is the most popular female superhero on Marvel roster. Not because of her number of appearances, not because she was in movies or video games but because she was a major part of a immensely popular show that people remember from their childhood and grew up with. It's not about how often you appear it's what those appearances do for those characters that we should be looking at.

Good thing you've said it yourself. but before, i believe you've had doubts.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

this.

Carol has been given already.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#181  Edited By Blood1991

@jhazzroucher: Been given what?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jhazzroucher said:

Good thing you've said it yourself. but before, i believe you've had doubts.

I never denied that. I think I've said on several occasions that Storm is the most popular female character on Marvel's roster, I just never agreed that, that means she's A-list because I don't think Marvel's female characters matter to them or people who participate or consume Marvel related products cares about female characters all that much.
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

this.

I meant as solo successful as DC women.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@jhazzroucher said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

this.

re-read the sentence. it says "solo success" not simply "solo"

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Storm is not that iconic.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Walzo said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Walzo said:

Ms. Marvel should be Marvels Wonder Woman. Makes a lot more sense.

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

My bad >_>

No, you were right the first time. It's Ms Marvel
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Blood1991

@Jnr6Lil said:

Storm is not that iconic.

She's more iconic than most if not all of Marvel's other heroines. Now she ain't Wonder Woman, but if a reach had to be made I'd say she's one of the best candidates for the position.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Walzo

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Walzo said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Walzo said:

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

My bad >_>

No, it makes more sense that she is Captain Marvel.

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Walzo said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Walzo said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Walzo said:

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

My bad >_>

Yeah, because she uses the Nega-Bands. 

Wait. No, she doesn't. 

Or because she's Kree.

Wait. No, she's not. 

Or because she's always been Captain Marvel and has carved a legacy for herself with that name. 

Wait. No, she hasn't. 

Carol Danvers is Ms Marvel. She didn't need to take up some lesser hero's identity just because Marvel didn't want to lose the license.
    evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By evilvegeta74

@jhazzroucher said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@butterflykyss said:

@butterflykyss said:

@evilvegeta74 said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@Blood1991 said:

this.

It' s not the same as guys would recieve, but its good for women in comics.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Blood1991

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Walzo said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Walzo said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Walzo said:

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

My bad >_>

Yeah, because she uses the Nega-Bands. Wait. No, she doesn't. Or because she's Kree. Wait. No, she's not. Or because she's always been Captain Marvel and has carved a legacy for herself with that name. Wait. No, she hasn't. Carol Danvers is Ms Marvel. She didn't need to take up some lesser hero's identity just because Marvel didn't want to lose the license.

She has EARNED that title. She has surpassed her male counterpart in terms of character and took his name as a mark of her dominance.

Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Blood1991 said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Walzo said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Walzo said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Walzo said:

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

My bad >_>

Yeah, because she uses the Nega-Bands. Wait. No, she doesn't. Or because she's Kree. Wait. No, she's not. Or because she's always been Captain Marvel and has carved a legacy for herself with that name. Wait. No, she hasn't. Carol Danvers is Ms Marvel. She didn't need to take up some lesser hero's identity just because Marvel didn't want to lose the license.

She has EARNED that title. She has surpassed her male counterpart in terms of character and took his name as a mark of her dominance.

That's ridiculous. You've made her sound like some domineering work-sociopath. 

She took his name because Marvel wanted to keep a Captain Marvel book going and Carol was just the easiest option. Why did she become Captain Marvel in canon? To honour the legacy. It's total crap. 
    It's no different to Barbara Gordon becoming Nightwing after Dick died or something, she's just living in the shadow of another character instead of remaining with the identity that she created. Ms Marvel is her name. Her legacy. Her identity.
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Blood1991

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Walzo said:

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@Walzo said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Walzo said:

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

My bad >_>

That's ridiculous. You've made her sound like some domineering work-sociopath. She took his name because Marvel wanted to keep a Captain Marvel book going and Carol was just the easiest option. Why did she become Captain Marvel in canon? To honour the legacy. It's total crap. It's no different to Barbara Gordon becoming Nightwing after Dick died or something, she's just living in the shadow of another character instead of remaining with the identity that she created. Ms Marvel is her name. Her legacy. Her identity.

Yeah that would be a fine and good comparison if she wasn't ten times the character he was. She's better developed, and more important to the MU than he ever was. Carol took that shadow and beat it to death. The name is symbolic of the evolution of her character.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By PassionFlower

I'm a Storm fan but you can make the argument Carol Danvers is Marvel's WW I actually feel that's how Marvel sees it anyhow.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PassionFlower said:

I'm a Storm fan but you can make the argument Carol Danvers is Marvel's WW I actually feel that's how Marvel sees it anyhow.

I think you may be right. Calling her "Earth's Mightiest Hero" seems to suggest that they hold her in quite high regard.

No Caption Provided
    PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By PassionFlower

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@PassionFlower said:

I think you may be right. Calling her "Earth's Mightiest Hero" seems to suggest that they hold her in quite high regard.

No Caption Provided

Marvel does have her in high regard as far as that goes I always root for her. I like her.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PassionFlower said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@PassionFlower said:

No Caption Provided

Marvel does have her in high regard as far as that goes I always root for her. I like her.

I like her too. Looking forward to her mini event in May. :)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By butterflykyss

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@PassionFlower said:

No Caption Provided

I'm so tired of seeing this cow. I really wish Marvel would give Storm a chance to have her own on-going and push her like they have the wildebeest photoed above

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

This is all the evidence you'll ever need. lol

POW! Lightning Lasso for the win :-)! ...and why do all these threads on Storm's page always explode lol...

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss said:

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@PassionFlower said:

No Caption Provided

I'm so tired of seeing this cow. I really wish Marvel would give Storm a chance to have her own on-going and push her like they have the wildebeest photoed above

Cow? Wildebeest?

If you're just going to resort to name calling then I'm done trying to have any kind of logical discussion about this with you. There's no need to insult another character just because you're bitter about Storm not having an ongoing.

If Marvel thought she was good enough to have her own series, they'd probably give her one. But it seems that they don't, so she doesn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.