Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm is #2 in Fan's Choice-Top 100 Marvel Characters of CBR

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher
    abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

yasssssss

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Second only to Spidey... thats very impressive. And of course... the Goddess should not feel bad coming second to Spider-Man... he is Marvel's premier character.

PapiNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

As long as no-mowhawk.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jhazzroucher

Second only to Spidey... thats very impressive. And of course... the Goddess should not feel bad coming second to Spider-Man... he is Marvel's premier character.

Definitely! : )

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

yasssssss

My sentiments exactly :-). I was please at well she has done in the polls over the past few years. For this poll she was not only the most voted member of the X-Men, she was the top female superhero, and top African American character.

Agreed. Considering that all of the top male leads were included on this poll (Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, etc.) and she still dominated.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

yasssssss

My sentiments exactly :-). I was please at well she has done in the polls over the past few years. For this poll she was not only the most voted member of the X-Men, she was the top female superhero, and top African American character.

@devilsgrin81 said:

Agreed. Considering that all of the top male leads were included on this poll (Thor, Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, etc.) and she still dominated.

i think it also needs to be said that X-Men dominated - much more so than Avengers... Which is also impressive, since we x-fans have taken a battering over generally poor writing in the past decade.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is awesome news :)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

First is the worst, second is the best~! ;)

Loading Video...
    JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

*rolls eyes*

It's actually rather impressive honestly. But it has more to do with her fans than her actual popularity.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By poisonfleur

@jaken7 said:

*rolls eyes*

It's actually rather impressive honestly. But it has more to do with her fans than her actual popularity.

Wow... bitter betty much? As if there is enough overlap between the two to make much a difference.

AND REMEMBER-- STORM'S HATERS ARE HER BIGGEST FANS!

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@poisonfleur: It's actually bitter Becca thank you very much.

And wow, so I'm a bigger Storm fan than you or anyone else in here then!?

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait are there actual storm haters out there??

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: Apparently I guess lol. For any popular character of note, and across the big comic book websites I've been too it's pretty much the same, they all end up with a few vocal haters who clearly have too much time on their hands. I've seen it for Wolverine, Thor, Hulk, Batman, Superman, etc.

So Storm, being one the most popular X-Men characters, only eclipsed by Wolverine really, and one of, if not arguably the most popular female Marvel character, isn't exempt from it. It only proves that is all the more relevant to the masses in some capacity.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@abaldo: Apparently I guess lol. For any popular character of note, and across the big comic book websites I've been too it's pretty much the same, they all end up with a few vocal haters who clearly have too much time on their hands. I've seen it for Wolverine, Thor, Hulk, Batman, Superman, etc.

So Storm, being one the most popular X-Men characters, only eclipsed by Wolverine really, and one of, if not arguably the most popular female Marvel character, isn't exempt from it. It only proves that she is all the more relevant(even being hated on gets you talked about :-p) to the masses in some capacity.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Storm, being one the most popular X-Men characters, only eclipsed by Wolverine really, and one of, if not arguably the most popular female Marvel character, isn't exempt from it. It only proves that she is all the more relevant(even being hated on gets you talked about :-p) to the masses in some capacity.

quoted for truth. the more popular a character, the more haters there are too.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This only shows that Storm is not only popular in comicvine ( remember Storm was #1 in 201 and #4 in 2012 but there was no poll in 2013) but also in comicbookresources.

Good job to all Storm fans! : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.