#3 Edited by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

Got excited
Then I saw Bling....
/excitement

#4 Posted by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

Got excited

Then I saw Bling....

/excitement

What's up with Bling!? I've only seen her in Wolverine & The X-men Alpha & Omega and she seemed alright.
Why is she such a buzz kill (besides the fact that her name as an '!' at the end? lol)

#5 Posted by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

What's up with Bling!? I've only seen her in Wolverine & The X-men Alpha & Omega and she seemed alright.

Why is she such a buzz kill (besides the fact that her name as an '!' at the end? lol)

She's a "hip-hop princess" who is basically living jewelry. Possibly just for the sake of naming her with a word that was cool at the time. Only think worst than her origin is how she looks.

Totally Agreed Jhazz! I am loving Storm's casual look! :D

You guys like her X-Force costume?

#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Bling! is the best. Ethnically diverse and proud holder of the LGBT card. Haters fall back.

Can't WAIT to see Wood write her, and Mercury, again.

#8 Posted by jhazzroucher (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

She's a "hip-hop princess" who is basically living jewelry. Possibly just for the sake of naming her with a word that was cool at the time. Only think worst than her origin is how she looks.

@poisonfleur said:

yes i do.

#9 Posted by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@poisonfleur said:

Okay- I didn't know squat about Bling! LOL

And her X-force costume is pretty good. I still think if she is going to rock the Mohawk she should have her Xenogensis outfit-- but as someone on cv put it-- her X-force costume is regal, badass, still feels like Storm yet still brings a commanding victoria's secret element.
I am enjoying this costume. Especially because they found a way to incorporate her signature came and mohawk without it clashing.

#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

And her X-force costume is pretty good. I still think if she is going to rock the Mohawk she should have her Xenogensis outfit-- but as someone on cv put it-- her X-force costume is regal, badass, still feels like Storm yet still brings a commanding victoria's secret element.

I am enjoying this costume. Especially because they found a way to incorporate her signature came and mohawk without it clashing.

I like the costume, I just don't think it fits when she's with this group. It makes sense when she's with X-Force because it matches the same style as the other redesigns but I think her previous costume was alot more regal than the current. It would be nice if, if the mohawk she ditched the costumes entirely and just wore like a punk rock style outfit.

#11 Edited by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@poisonfleur said:

I like the costume, I just don't think it fits when she's with this group. It makes sense when she's with X-Force because it matches the same style as the other redesigns but I think her previous costume was alot more regal than the current. It would be nice if, if the mohawk she ditched the costumes entirely and just wore like a punk rock style outfit.

Yes, I agree with you. This costume does scream 'HEY EVERYONE-- I AM A MEMBER OF X-FORCE! BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE-- BECAUSE X-FORCE IS A SECRET!' Honestly I don't see why she can't have two costumes! :D

One that's more headmistress (or more casual looks like you mentioned around the school)-- and this one for mission time.

Although lemme stop complaining. I do like this and really don't care either way since it looks good. Now that I think about it, this outfit has a very headmistress quality about it (minus the mohawk).

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, I agree with you. This costume does scream 'HEY EVERYONE-- I AM A MEMBER OF X-FORCE! BUT DON'T TELL ANYONE-- BECAUSE X-FORCE IS A SECRET!' Honestly I don't see why she can't have two costumes! :D

One that's more headmistress (or more casual looks like you mentioned around the school)-- and this one for mission time.

Although lemme stop complaining. I do like this and really don't care either way since it looks good. Now that I think about it, this outfit has a very headmistress quality about it (minus the mohawk).

I hope this book does at least as well as Fearless Defenders.

#13 Posted by jhazzroucher (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

this will be better than fearless defenders

#14 Edited by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:
@poisonfleur said:

------Now Vance.... I agree with you, but WHY you gotta bring up fearless defenders... I swear you have got to be a Sagittarius, Aries, or Virgo. Fearless Defenders... ughh.. I love and loathe it at the same time. Great Cast with cute moments-- but why is Fearless Defenders So LAME!?? I had such high hopes for that series... Fire the writer and artist and change it to someone like Brain K Vaghn immediately!! I will be ticked if Marvel ruins Fearless Defenders by tossing it away to some lame writer.

At any rate-- I always support Misty Knight and Mirage/Dani-- No matter how lame the story is. :)
I still hold a grudge towards Valk for uppercutting Storm in the face with a hammer. >_>

#15 Edited by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

------Now Vance.... I agree with you, but WHY you gotta bring up fearless defenders... I swear you have got to be a Sagittarius, Aries, or Virgo. Fearless Defenders... ughh.. I love and loathe it at the same time. Great Cast with cute moments-- but why is Fearless Defenders So LAME!?? I had such high hopes for that series... Fire the writer and artist and change it to someone like Brain K Vaghn immediately!! I will be ticked if Marvel ruins Fearless Defenders by tossing it away to some lame writer.

At any rate-- I always support Misty Knight and Mirage/Dani-- No matter how lame the story is. :)

I still hold a grudge towards Valk for uppercutting Storm in the face with a hammer. >_>

I brought up Fearless Defenders because it's also an all female team. That makes two books with the same gimmick. So far it's done fairly well. Maybe people are just giving a try now because they are skeptical and it's new but I hope that when this book comes out one doesn't over shadow the other. I think these two books will me instrumental in making female heroes more popular. Also Storm will possibly appear in Fearless Defenders.Brian K. Vaughn as far as i'm concerned has done a good job so far, Marvel will only fire him if the sales get really bad or they will just cancel the book.

As far as Valkyrie hitting Storm with that hammer. That probably shouldn't have happened in a fight between them but considering what series it happened it, I wouldn't put to much thought into it because they made EVERYONE look bad.

@jhazzroucher said:

Of course you would say that ;) You may be right though.

#16 Edited by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@poisonfleur said:

I brought up Fearless Defenders because it's also an all female team. That makes two books with the same gimmick. So far it's done fairly well. Maybe people are just giving a try now because they are skeptical and it's new but I hope that when this book comes out one doesn't over shadow the other. I think these two books will me instrumental in making female heroes more popular. Also Storm will possibly appear in Fearless Defenders.Brian K. Vaughn as far as i'm concerned has done a good job so far, Marvel will only fire him if the sales get really bad or they will just cancel the book.

As far as Valkyrie hitting Storm with that hammer. That probably shouldn't have happened in a fight between them but considering what series it happened it, I wouldn't put to much thought into it because they made EVERYONE look bad.

@jhazzroucher said:

As for FD and X-men overshadowing each other, I don't think that will happen. The way I see it, it's like Avengers & X-men. Fearless Defenders has an Avengers/Shield-like field and X-men... well has an X-men-like feel. lol The only thing really hurting either of them, is like you said 'the gimmick' quality. Imo, I thought FD #1&2 were lame. I guess I was expecting something like daughters of the dragon or heroes for hire. #3, things started to pick up and become a bit more enjoyable.

The reason I have more faith in X-men is:

1) It's X-men

2) The line up has all fan-favorites

3) The art cover & inside is beautiful.

4) Brian Wood has been writing X-men for a little while now and really has done major justice for Storm & Colossus. I believe he has written Rachel well in Wolverine the X-men and he did good with her from what I remember.

5) This team looks so iconic. If X-men are known for one thing, it's having some of the best women of Marvel. Put them together and at the very minimum, we got a bunch of shots of them looking hot together-- and who has ever had a problem with that? Besides I have faith in Wood to write a good story! :D

6) My only worry is the plot is said to center around a baby. All these ladies and a baby sounds like X-girls baby sitting.. Especially since we have a baby sitting plot in uncanny x-force.

I will still pick up Fearless Defenders, let's just hope this series steps up it's game a bit more.

& Now that you mention it, didn't Valk beat up War Machine too?

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91224 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

As for FD and X-men overshadowing each other, I don't think that will happen. The way I see it, it's like Avengers & X-men. Fearless Defenders has an Avengers/Shield-like field and X-men... well has an X-men-like feel. lol The only thing really hurting either of them, is like you said 'the gimmick' quality. Imo, I thought FD #1&2 were lame. I guess I was expecting something like daughters of the dragon or heroes for hire. #3, things started to pick up and become a bit more enjoyable.

The Avengers & X-men are too big to fail. Whatever their selling point was it was established years ago. What they are doing now with Fearless Defenders and X-men is something they've never done before.

The reason I have more faith in X-men is:

1) It's X-men

2) The line up has all fan-favorites

3) The art cover & inside is beautiful.

1.People aren't used to having X-men teams with no males on it.

2. So did the original Defenders book. It got cancelled.

3. So is the art in Fearless Defenders.

5) This team looks so iconic. If X-men are known for one thing, it's having some of the best women of Marvel. Put them together and at the very minimum, we got a bunch of shots of them looking hot together-- and who has ever had a problem with that? Besides I have faith in Wood to write a good story! :D

I will still pick up Fearless Defenders, let's just hope this series steps up it's game a bit more.

They are known for having great female characters but they are also known for having some of the best male characters too and their MOST iconic members Cyclops & Wolverine aren't on the team.

& Now that you mention it, didn't Valk beat up War Machine too?

Yea.

#18 Edited by jhazzroucher (15757 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@jhazzroucher said:

: )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.