Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm has more scenes in DOFP Extended version

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

SPOILERS... DUH!

So apparently, Halle may have been telling the truth when she said Storm has something to reveal in Days of Future Past. As many of us know many of Future scenes in X:DOFP was drastically cut down due to the removal of Rogue plot. ACCORDING TO THIS LINK, http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/800141-x-men-apocalypse-spoilers-list-of-potential-teasers-in-days-of-future-past-deleted-scenes/ While Magneto, Iceman, and Xavier go to rescue Rogue. Storm stays and watches Kitty and Wolverine. During this scene, her and Bishop do a bit of talking. So.... Now I am curious!

GOOD NEWS:
    There will be a X-men: Days of Future Past Extended Edition in October. I can't wait to see this!! Hopefully there is a better story to be seen! I couldn't get enough of this movie!!

Storm (& Rogue) fans, excited??

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

goddess be praised!

pikachumonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jhazzroucher

huh?

I'm looking forward to the deleted scenes. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By poisonfleur

Maybe we will final see what Halle was referring too.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: you mean that part where she said we'd learn something? .. cause she got me confused af..

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Roddy010

This is very exciting news but I'm pretty pissed that they didn't just add those scenes in the first place. Its a good business descision but honestly cheapens the movie if these scnes have a major point to the plot.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

This is very exciting news but I'm pretty pissed that they didn't just add those scenes in the first place. Its a good business descision but honestly cheapens the movie if these scnes have a major point to the plot.

Agreed >:-(...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

It's still not the Storm scene I want.I want Storm flying, dodging and taking down a lot of sentinels with lightning, tornadoes, large ice spikes, emps, etc before she gets killed in the movie

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

Yeah-- I was feeling Halle in this one as Storm too. Maybe she sucked in those scenes?? :D LOL Jk!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

@roddy010 said:

Yeah-- I was feeling Halle in this one as Storm too. Maybe she sucked in those scenes?? :D LOL Jk!

I don't think so.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

off topic ...

I'M TAKING OVER THE X-FILMS! RE-DOING ALL MWUAHAHAHHAHA AND FIRST ON THE SCREEN SHALL BE ...

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

off topic ...

I'M TAKING OVER THE X-FILMS! RE-DOING ALL MWUAHAHAHHAHA AND FIRST ON THE SCREEN SHALL BE ...

No Caption Provided

Never gonna happen.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

It's still not the Storm scene I want.I want Storm flying, dodging and taking down a lot of sentinels with lightning, tornadoes, large ice spikes, emps, etc before she gets killed in the movie

I would have LOVED this. That while future battle scene was COMPLETE disappointment. All of the powerful characters with the most visually epic power displays were from the future, and the best they could come up with is to detonate the jet....?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@thunderbolt30 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@roddy010 said:

I would have LOVED this. That while future battle scene was COMPLETE disappointment. All of the powerful characters with the most visually epic power displays were from the future, and the best they could come up with is to detonate the jet....?

why didn't she just create oncoming winds in the sentinels direction .. her hurricane could've been aiding the sentinels in approaching considering it was spiraling .. she could've hurled lightning through blink's portals or literally rained hell .. also what jhazz said would've been appropriate for the tornado scene in x-2

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@roddy010 said:

why didn't she just create oncoming winds in the sentinels direction .. her hurricane could've been aiding the sentinels in approaching considering it was spiraling .. she could've hurled lightning through blink's portals or literally rained hell .. also what jhazz said would've been appropriate for the tornado scene in x-2

Come on fellow Storm fans. Accept the fact that I'm an amazing thinker with awesome ideas especially for Storm. Hahaha :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

off topic ...

No Caption Provided

Is this Jada-- OR WAIT-- ANGELLA BASSETT!!?!?!?!? LORD MERCY-- That really will NEVER HAPPEN! LOL I wish we did get some Storm justice like this though! XD

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: never say never poison mwuahaha .. i just might

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tonix

I hope the scenes are more action packed. I still don't understand how two powerful mutants like Storm and Magneto could only blow up the jet. I'm pretty sure that the transports that carried the sentinels had some metal in them that he could've manipulated. Storm should have done the tornado move on them. I can't imagine how they would be able to counter that. Or her and Iceman should've teamed up and put them into a deep freeze while she fried them. I feel that the future battle scene could've been bigger.

Does anyone get the impression that Singer does not know how to capture a team? If Wolverine is not at the fore front of the movie, then it's Mystique. I would like to see Joss Whedon's take on Apocalypse rather than Singer honestly

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix: ..you are a very wise person my friend .. why didn't storm just create a windstorm going in the opposite direction to the sentinels? .. why didn't she hurl lightning through blinks portals .. why didn't she generate freezing rain? .. so many questions ..

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: lol you mean "storm wins and remains undefeated?"

Yes. Hahahaha. :)

@tonix said:

I hope the scenes are more action packed. I still don't understand how two powerful mutants like Storm and Magneto could only blow up the jet. I'm pretty sure that the transports that carried the sentinels had some metal in them that he could've manipulated. Storm should have done the tornado move on them. I can't imagine how they would be able to counter that. Or her and Iceman should've teamed up and put them into a deep freeze while she fried them. I feel that the future battle scene could've been bigger.

Does anyone get the impression that Singer does not know how to capture a team? If Wolverine is not at the fore front of the movie, then it's Mystique. I would like to see Joss Whedon's take on Apocalypse rather than Singer honestly

True.

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: This is so late but thanks for the compliment. All of those things you stated would have been nothing for Storm to summon to jack the Sentinels up. It is true that the movies water their powers down unfortunately. Hopefully we get more powerful moments in Apocalypse even though I don't want Singer to direct it

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Really would like to see the Rogue break out.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix said:

@malachi_munroe: This is so late but thanks for the compliment. All of those things you stated would have been nothing for Storm to summon to jack the Sentinels up. It is true that the movies water their powers down unfortunately. Hopefully we get more powerful moments in Apocalypse even though I don't want Singer to direct it

heyyyyyy :p go celebrate in her solo thread PARTAYYYYYYYY!

Avatar image for pattilabellestormfan
    PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix: brilliant observation! I agree 100%. Singer to me doesn't get the X-Men.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix said:

I didn't really like Singer but after watching DoFP, I'm giving him another chance with X-men: Apocalypse. Hopefully, we can really see Storm fly around.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonix said:

No. Joss Whedon is starting to get redundant. Same ole innocent yet badass white girls he has a hard ons for. The last time he ever did a black woman true justice was Kendra in Buffy the Vampire Slayer-- and many say that's debatable. So sorry. I'll pass

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: Yea but one thing about how Joss did the Avengers was showcasing all the characters. I didn't feel like one took center stage the way Wolverine always does. And the action is much better. The Avengers don't seem weak to me even though some don't have powers and they definitely are not on the same power level than some of the X Men

Tonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I did like DOFP, I think Singer did a good job but it really could've been better to me and not just in Storm's case.

We'll see about Apocalypse but I hope it's not Wolverine driven or Mystique driven (if Rebecca is returning to play Mystique then I don't mind) I want justice for Storm and all the other characters like finally making Cyclops the leader and seeing Rogue fly. Let's cross our fingers.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jhazzroucher

@tonix said:

@jhazzroucher: I did like DOFP, I think Singer did a good job but it really could've been better to me and not just in Storm's case.

We'll see about Apocalypse but I hope it's not Wolverine driven or Mystique driven (if Rebecca is returning to play Mystique then I don't mind) I want justice for Storm and all the other characters like finally making Cyclops the leader and seeing Rogue fly. Let's cross our fingers.

Hopefully. :)

Avatar image for vladimir_raineri
    vladimir_raineri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vladimir_raineri

@malachi_munroe: Well, she did create a windstorm against the Sentinels and their ships, don't you remember? But the ships quickly started to release the Sentinels, and they diverted from her winds.

The things I agree are, that she could have hurled Lightnings along with Bishop on Blink's portal (and they could've used Sunspot to help them as well). And practically EVERYTHING on the future seemed made of metal, including the Sentinels...so I really didn't get why Magneto haven't owned it all lol Well, of course that...if in the 70's they found a way of making the Sentinels invulnerable to him -well, they tried, they would have done the same on the future. But they could've gave us some explanation (like, there are Sentinels who channels Emma Frost's powers -they were a better Emma than January Jones btw-...they could say that they have a..."Magneto Sensor", wich tells them whenever he is near, and then they automatically change their bodies composition into diamonds, so he can't control them).

But we can get that, Magneto was kinda old and weakened (actually, if we stop to think, on 2023 he and Xavier would be like, +100 years old LOL).

Overall, I really liked the action scenes on this movie (the one in Paris could've been better, but still)...they didn't showed much of the future on the final battle bcs they have to kept the rythm with the past, the feeling of things actually happening at the same time, so they didn't had many time to show the characters actually doing complex things with their powers. But we finally got to see the characters actually working as a team (ok, we saw it on First Class, but not like that).

Well, let's face it: Singer have way with some characters (Magneto, Jean, Mystique, teleporters in general -look how, both on X2 and DOFP, Blink and Nightcrawler were the ones with the coolest fighting skills), but he terribly looses it with others (Cyclops, Rogue and Storm).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.