Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10181 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm discussion

GoldRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@itsdaveyj: The concept is interesting but it definitely needs to have a perfect execution. I could see this situation causing Storm to stop using her powers which would be a great way for Storm to show remorse over her actions. I think that there is fine line though, the last thing you'd want to do is to portray Storm as a blubbering fool, crying and whining about her guilty conscience, but you do want what she did to have an effect on her. And I think finally the villain would probably need to be portrayed as an equal to Storm. And would also probably need to be a mutant or you run risk of turning the villain into an anti-mutant hysteric. But overall I love the idea and want to see what you do with it.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Despite of being released on May 29, the comic X-men #1 managed to top the charts for the month of May with over 177,000 copies. : )

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@itsdaveyj: The concept is interesting but it definitely needs to have a perfect execution. I could see this situation causing Storm to stop using her powers which would be a great way for Storm to show remorse over her actions. I think that there is fine line though, the last thing you'd want to do is to portray Storm as a blubbering fool, crying and whining about her guilty conscience, but you do want what she did to have an effect on her. And I think finally the villain would probably need to be portrayed as an equal to Storm. And would also probably need to be a mutant or you run risk of turning the villain into an anti-mutant hysteric. But overall I love the idea and want to see what you do with it.

how about they bring back deluge then? .. but more powerful

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldraven said:

how about they bring back deluge then? .. but more powerful

I prefer Apocalypse or Vulcan

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm in Wolverine and the X-men #32

No Caption Provided

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7357  Edited By ItsDaveyJ

@goldraven said:

Well obviously we want her shaken but still true to who she is as a character. Storm isn't a blubbering fool so I wouldn't write her as one xD She's a woman with a strong moral compass so I just want to see that challenged. And I would say it's equal parts guilty conscience and her sense of responsibility and accountability that keeps the dynamic between the two going. And yes, the villain is on equal footing with Storm. That's why a while ago I was asking for power suggestions and I really wanted something quite strong to be a good match for her. Of course this person must also be a match for her intellectually, spiritually, etc. And yes, I was planning on the villain being a mutant.

The only issue I have is that if someone else ever took over writing the villain then I wouldn't want to see them do a redemption story and hooking Storm and him up. So I'm thinking of either making the villain a straight woman or a gay man.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the new version of Beast btw. Actually I don't care for that art period.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me too.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldraven said:

Well obviously we want her shaken but still true to who she is as a character. Storm isn't a blubbering fool so I wouldn't write her as one xD She's a woman with a strong moral compass so I just want to see that challenged. And I would say it's equal parts guilty conscience and her sense of responsibility and accountability that keeps the dynamic between the two going. And yes, the villain is on equal footing with Storm. That's why a while ago I was asking for power suggestions and I really wanted something quite strong to be a good match for her. Of course this person must also be a match for her intellectually, spiritually, etc. And yes, I was planning on the villain being a mutant.

The only issue I have is that if someone else ever took over writing the villain then I wouldn't want to see them do a redemption story and hooking Storm and him up. So I'm thinking of either making the villain a straight woman or a gay man.

How about Absorbing Man?

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Storm should be in more comics!!

azaritorrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get mad thinking of how they had her in the movies. It happens at random times, is there something wrong with me?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7363  Edited By jhazzroucher

Storm should be in more comics!!

She is. X-Men. Uncanny X-Force. She appears from other comics from time to time in Fearless Defenders, Wolverine and the X-Men, All New X-Men ( or maybe most of the time), X-Men Legacy ( i think so) and Ultimate X-Men.

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I get mad thinking of how they had her in the movies. It happens at random times, is there something wrong with me?

nope , i feel the same way, shes "just there" in the movies horridly upsetting

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azaritorrent said:

Let's just hope she will do more on the nxt movie.

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7366  Edited By stormchild1997

@stormchild1997 said:

@azaritorrent said:

Let's just hope she will do more on the nxt movie.

oh please not with that dilusional man who directed the other films ... i dont see it THEY HAD HER FLYING LIKE A FREAKIN HELLICOPTER :'( its depressing

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

...............................He's a LOT more doable now..............I'd experiment with that gorilla-cat

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best beast look was in X-Men TAS

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@passionflower said:

...............................He's a LOT more doable now..............I'd experiment with that gorilla-cat

We've really missed you.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7370  Edited By jhazzroucher

Hello fellow myrmidons of Ororo Munroe! : )

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@white_mage said:

@passionflower said:

We've really missed you.

WM?? What made think that was okay to share that???

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white_mage said:

@passionflower said:

We've really missed you.

Awww......I've missed ya'll too......almost as much as I miss having "special" lemonade.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

@white_mage said:

@passionflower said:

We've really missed you.

Oh hell, you know it's the truth. Nobody wanted to tap Kelsey Grammer-faced Beast. This new look is so much hotter.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@ageofhurricane said:

@white_mage said:

@passionflower said:

We've really missed you.

Oh hell, you know it's the truth. Nobody wanted to tap Kelsey Grammer-faced Beast. This new look is so much hotter.

LoL I don't think anyone wants to tap beast now or then LoL. XD

An really hotter he really looks like some mutated gorilla thing now more than ever.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7375  Edited By jhazzroucher

@white_mage: from my heart... to you... I miss you. : )

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7377  Edited By jhazzroucher

I'm so excited with x-men #2

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

where is everybody else?

Genuinesol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men#2 was fantastic. The issue flowed well, gorgeous artwork, and the issue had plenty of action and yet the story was developed meaningfully. One minor grip I have is that I want Brian Wood to really allow these characters to cut loose with their abilities. No character has done that as of yet but at least Rouge and Shadowcat were able to throw down and brawl in this issue. What I appreciated most about this issue however was how regal and majestic Storm was illustrated. She is being drawn and written with a powerful and commanding presence as I believe most people picture her to be.

Now, I have a question that I would like someone to answer please.

How is Storm being depicted in the other books in which she is featured?If I am going to spend my money on comics then I want to do so meaningfully. Is Storm significant in Uncanny X-force, Wolverine and the X-men, All New X-men, and any other publication in which she is featured?

On a side note, I have been thinking about picking up Fearless Defenders as well since this push to showcase females has me intrigued with Marvel and piques my interest. Also, I am rambling a little here, has anyone played Marvel Heroes? If not, you may want to consider since Storm is among the most powerful characters and has the best ranged.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Storm is being written well in ultimate comics: x-men. But I'd still go for Uncanny X-force because its a canon comic.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can't wait to get Xmen 2

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genuinesol: Im with you Im.hoping in this last that It will be Storm an Rachels turn to show what they have to offer. I hope the artist stays the same since next issue is the last for the arc.

An just as Jhazz said Uncanny X-force is doing Storm justice in all aspects. I cant really name any other that she is in the spot light like those.

But All new x-men is a great story im sure most would want to follow an im loving New Avengers.

An i need to play more Marvel Heros.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7383  Edited By jhazzroucher

I can't wait to get Xmen 2

that's great to know! : )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-men#2 was fantastic. The issue flowed well, gorgeous artwork, and the issue had plenty of action and yet the story was developed meaningfully. One minor grip I have is that I want Brian Wood to really allow these characters to cut loose with their abilities. No character has done that as of yet but at least Rouge and Shadowcat were able to throw down and brawl in this issue. What I appreciated most about this issue however was how regal and majestic Storm was illustrated. She is being drawn and written with a powerful and commanding presence as I believe most people picture her to be.

How is Storm being depicted in the other books in which she is featured?If I am going to spend my money on comics then I want to do so meaningfully. Is Storm significant in Uncanny X-force, Wolverine and the X-men, All New X-men, and any other publication in which she is featured?

On a side note, I have been thinking about picking up Fearless Defenders as well since this push to showcase females has me intrigued with Marvel and piques my interest. Also, I am rambling a little here, has anyone played Marvel Heroes? If not, you may want to consider since Storm is among the most powerful characters and has the best ranged.

If you have some money to spare I recommenced, X-men: Lifedeath (tpb), and the newest release of X-men Fall of Mutants (tpb) Storm is AWESOME in the there. Also Uncanny X-force Storm is alright. But the book really focuses on Psylocke. Ultimate X-men is great too-- Another helping of Brain Wood writing Storm ;)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@genuinesol said:

If you have some money to spare I recommenced, X-men: Lifedeath (tpb), and the newest release of X-men Fall of Mutants (tpb) Storm is AWESOME in the there. Also Uncanny X-force Storm is alright. But the book really focuses on Psylocke. Ultimate X-men is great too-- Another helping of Brain Wood writing Storm ;)

good job! : )

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

this happened in the paper last week

did you know gambit is older than storm?????

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

lmao he is???????????????? O_o i thought it was the other way around

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:
    No Caption Provided

i just read gambit's origin and it showed gambit saving the life of a then teenage storm in cairo...lol go figure

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XMEN #3 NEEDS MORE STORM!

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormchild1997 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:
    No Caption Provided

i just read gambit's origin and it showed gambit saving the life of a then teenage storm in cairo...lol go figure

I don't think they're super far apart maybe some years. But yea Storm an Gambit knew each other before they both joined the X-men pretty cool I think.

Yea Since this is the last issue of the arc an they are fighting Omega Sentinel I hope they let Storm an Rachel just cut loose. But either way the series is doing great for all of its characters in my opinion.

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG Storms form definitely isnt as active as it use to be :'(

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you for serious??? I read 1 & 2. and I thought #1 did everyone justice, but 2 lack Storm just a wee bit. Now I hear 3 is the same, I am a bit disappointed. Although I think Brian Wood constantly is writing Storm (x-men and ultimate x-men) and has new gals to work with. In the end, I believe he will save her for when the time is right. Hopefully within that moment Storm will really shine! She kinda already is-- this is her team after all and basically she is the main character.

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrkareemruiz said:

Are you for serious??? I read 1 & 2. and I thought #1 did everyone justice, but 2 lack Storm just a wee bit. Now I hear 3 is the same, I am a bit disappointed. Although I think Brian Wood constantly is writing Storm (x-men and ultimate x-men) and has new gals to work with. In the end, I believe he will save her for when the time is right. Hopefully within that moment Storm will really shine! She kinda already is-- this is her team after all and basically she is the main character.

How did you hear 3 was the same? Is it out lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7395  Edited By jhazzroucher

No Caption Provided

Really? wow! Which newspaper and what is the title of this comic strip?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7396  Edited By jhazzroucher

@mrkareemruiz said:

I think he meant Storm showing off her powers.

MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE POST HER ANY MOOOOOOOORE LoL *sigh*

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7399  Edited By jhazzroucher

@magnificentstorm said:

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :)

and hi! : )

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.