Storm discussion

#7251 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

@passionflower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

Sir...no. just...no.

I agree NO! dont know why you keep mentioning her. Tyra would do less for Storm than Halle did and at least halle had star power to push more for Storm. Tyra would destroy what people saw Storm as, shes more than a pretty face.

Kerry or Zoe then

#7252 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyra as Storm...

Why don't we just sign up Queen Latifah while we are at it...

Oh and wouldn't Tyler Perry's Madea be a great for the role of Storm too?

It's hard to believe you are actually a Storm fan by rooting for Tyra... Like how old are you? 7?

Clearly you haven't heard Tyra open her mouth and have only been watching her career from the Victoria Secret Fashion shows...

Tyra can pull it off

#7253 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

@passionflower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

Sir...no. just...no.

I agree NO! dont know why you keep mentioning her. Tyra would do less for Storm than Halle did and at least halle had star power to push more for Storm. Tyra would destroy what people saw Storm as, shes more than a pretty face.

Kerry or Zoe then

Hahaha you know i love Kerry, and id pick her in a heartbeat.

#7254 Edited by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

Tyra as Storm...

Why don't we just sign up Queen Latifah while we are at it...

Oh and wouldn't Tyler Perry's Madea be a great for the role of Storm too?

It's hard to believe you are actually a Storm fan by rooting for Tyra... Like how old are you? 7?

Clearly you haven't heard Tyra open her mouth and have only been watching her career from the Victoria Secret Fashion shows...

Tyra cant pull it off

Lol you meant this

#7255 Edited by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@passionflower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

Sir...no. just...no.

Kerry or Zoe then

Mhm... I like Kerry I do-- She is just to short. Next Storm has to be taller. That bothered me about Halle. She was way too short and not always intimidating.

#7256 Edited by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

This was posted on CBR. I guess it's from Coipel's site/FB page. Dig the casual wear.

#7257 Edited by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

This was posted on CBR. I guess it's from Coipel's site/FB page. Dig the casual wear.

I love that Coipel is one of the main artists who draws her in MULTIPLE outfits.

So many people treat the X-Men like they NEVER take a damn bath

#7258 Posted by butterflykyss (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

I love that Coipel is one of the main artists who draws her in MULTIPLE outfits.

LMAO you are a DAMN FOOL!!! LOL

#7259 Edited by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

@jalysia said:

Clearly their closets consist of multiple copies of the same outfit. LOL

#7260 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@passionflower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

Sir...no. just...no.

Kerry or Zoe then

Mhm... I like Kerry I do-- She is just to short. Next Storm has to be taller. That bothered me about Halle. She was way too short and not always intimidating.

Yea she is short,but as Jackman proves height isnt important when you can portray a character well enough to ignore that. Add some heels with the right attitude,and its a win win if she can pull it off

#7261 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@white_mage said:

@jalysia said:

Clearly their closets consist of multiple copies of the same outfit. LOL

Lmao exactly!!!!

#7262 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

I love it! : )

#7263 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

where is everybody?

#7264 Edited by antemiusenteri (238 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@whoa said:

Storm made an appearance on Marvel Hero's Logo :) Along with other awesome characters

wow! Storm's face is large. yeah!

Why the hell does that Bitch Emma Frost have a larger image than storm ? i resent her, i'd like her more if she got popular by not F*cking that pompous egotistical maniac with a god complex.

#7265 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@whoa said:

Storm made an appearance on Marvel Hero's Logo :) Along with other awesome characters

Why the hell does that Bitch Emma Frost have a larger image than storm ? i resent her, i'd like her more if she got popular by not F*cking that pompous egotistical maniac with a god complex.

not really

#7266 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

gotta leave

#7267 Posted by butterflykyss (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

when is uncanny xforce out... im seeing something about it being released may 5 or something.. but that seems a bit late..

#7268 Edited by butterflykyss (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@whoa said:

Storm looks like the BOSS B*TCH on that LOGO. Her image is actually larger than all the other females shown.. HELLZ YEAH!!

#7269 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@whoa said:

Storm looks like the BOSS B*TCH on that LOGO. Her image is actually larger than all the other females shown.. HELLZ YEAH!!

and she looks fierce. : )

#7270 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

when is uncanny xforce out... im seeing something about it being released may 5 or something.. but that seems a bit late..

not yet here in our place.

#7271 Posted by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

#7272 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

^ Why are the Storm month images of STORM so flipping...skanky ?

Just no.

This is much better. May is the month of Storm indeed. This cover is GORGE'.

#7273 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

STORM FANS REJOICE.

THE GODDESS, HAS RETURNED. (with her sisters in pursuit)

#7274 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

Just no.

Mark Brooks draws well, really , really well. : )

Happy Storm Month age! : )

#7275 Edited by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane said:

Just no.

Mark Brooks draws well, really , really well. : )

Happy Storm Month age! : )

WOW-- I haven't seen this image yet.
Btw I made post about issue 1 X-men and with more Storm scans. They look GREAT

#7276 Edited by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio
#7277 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (189 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm curious... For my own fun, I'm trying to create a good villain for Storm (and only Storm) in case she ever got her own solo title... and in some odd totally unexpected turn of events where Marvel decides that I am the person to tell them how to write it and draw the characters lolz. I can sorta drawn so I'll be designing outfits too. Just something fun to do whenever I have free time.

Anyways, I have a good framework for the villain but I'm trying to think of what powers (if any) would be a good anti-thesis for Storm's powers. Initially I thought technology but there are so many tech users that I don't really want to go that route. Then I thought that maybe this villain didn't need powers, and while that is certainly fine for writing purposes... Storm has such a visually pleasing power set that it would be foolish to remove that element from her book. Any ideas of what would be a good power set for an anti-Storm? Ideally this character should be able to hang with Storm in battle though being in battle with each other really isn't Storm's or the villain's goal in my mind.

#7278 Posted by Roddy010 (5113 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsdaveyj: Storm's power set gives her an awesome offense and a substantial defense as well as a variety of faucets she can tap into. I'd say its best to pair her with someone with a power set that has similar attributes such as telekinesis and electromagnetism, but we have many of those running around. Maybe someone with absorbing or adaption powers who can not only tank her worst but can redirect it. Just to get the ball rolling.

#7279 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@itsdaveyj: Storm's power set gives her an awesome offense and a substantial defense as well as a variety of faucets she can tap into. I'd say its best to pair her with someone with a power set that has similar attributes such as telekinesis and electromagnetism, but we have many of those running around. Maybe someone with absorbing or adaption powers who can not only tank her worst but can redirect it. Just to get the ball rolling.

Part of what I am hoping to do is pick a power set that is visually appealing and will look interesting paired up against Storm's powers. Some thoughts I had were hemokinesis to do some neat effects with that but I'm not really sure that works with the character design I have. I feel like that power set is most visually appealing when paired with a pale skinned character who's skin has a contrast with the blood. Then I thought about control over fabric. It could be interesting seeing the character's clothes' threads flying out all over the place. The thing I'm unsure of is that Storm is a character who likes to operate while flying. Having a villain who can fly could allow for some more interesting imagery. So then I thought about gravity control which hasn't been done with a popular character yet even though Marvel has 2 gravity manipulators (Gravity and Graviton). It's a power that would be able to put up a fight with Storm's and I can put limitations on the power set so as to not make them God Mode. I thought that maybe it could be interesting to balance out the power by saying that moving tiny objects is extremely difficult because the object has less mass and therefore less gravitational "energy" while limiting cosmic level gravitational manipulation by limiting it somehow by saying that the character needs to see what they are affecting or that it takes a lot of focus or something. I just don't want Phoenix level strength here xD

Your suggestion reminds me of a power in some anime called Vector Manipulation. It's sort of like an absolute defense power.

"The user can change the magnitude and direction (vector) of an object (matter or energy) to maneuver it in the desired way, regardless of pre-existing vectors. This also applies to static or non-moving objects, as having a vector quantity of "zero" still counts as a vector. Since virtually everything in existence has vectors, manipulation of them can essentially grant the user an "Absolute Defense" that prevents the user from harm, among many other possibilities." That could be useful against a character like Storm. It might also work thematically with my story idea... hmm.... I'll look into it xD Though I just searched and Marvel already has a character with this powerset... appropriately named Vector xD

All 4 of them have been done before in various media. I sort of want to try coming up with a more original power but it's hard considering that almost every worthwhile power has been used already xD

#7280 Posted by azaritorrent (516 posts) - - Show Bio

what you think? my first go at Mohawk storm. I loved being able to create a new outfit as well. im in love with the top and sleeves. I might add a little more to it especially the middle piece on her butt.

#7281 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm curious... For my own fun, I'm trying to create a good villain for Storm (and only Storm) in case she ever got her own solo title... and in some odd totally unexpected turn of events where Marvel decides that I am the person to tell them how to write it and draw the characters lolz. I can sorta drawn so I'll be designing outfits too. Just something fun to do whenever I have free time.

Anyways, I have a good framework for the villain but I'm trying to think of what powers (if any) would be a good anti-thesis for Storm's powers. Initially I thought technology but there are so many tech users that I don't really want to go that route. Then I thought that maybe this villain didn't need powers, and while that is certainly fine for writing purposes... Storm has such a visually pleasing power set that it would be foolish to remove that element from her book. Any ideas of what would be a good power set for an anti-Storm? Ideally this character should be able to hang with Storm in battle though being in battle with each other really isn't Storm's or the villain's goal in my mind.

a villain similar to Iron Man. i'd like to see technology vs nature battle.

I'd also love Storm to have a villain similar to Vulcan who can absorb different types of energies.

#7282 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

what you think? my first go at Mohawk storm. I loved being able to create a new outfit as well. im in love with the top and sleeves. I might add a little more to it especially the middle piece on her butt.

this is nice. : )

#7283 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsdaveyj said:

I'd also love Storm to have a villain similar to Vulcan who can absorb different types of energies.

I also think the technology thing is also a good idea but not for this particular character. Perhaps another villain for her? xD I guess we're making her own rogue's gallery for her!

I think I might end up going with either the vector manipulation or the gravity manipulation powerset. The more I think about it the more I am starting to lean towards gravity manipulation for this particular character and maybe using vector manipulation for a different villain perhaps. I'll think on this for a good while xD

#7284 Posted by Ultra_beleco (184 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsdaveyj: It is important that the villain has an army of bad guys with him. Storm's power look's so cool when used against a group. Like an electric chain. A 2-page image with lots of bolts and enemies defeated would be cool in an ongoing.

#7285 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsdaveyj: It is important that the villain has an army of bad guys with him. Storm's power look's so cool when used against a group. Like an electric chain. A 2-page image with lots of bolts and enemies defeated would be cool in an ongoing.

That would but it would defeat the purpose of the narrative that I am going for.

#7286 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@itsdaveyj said:

I also think the technology thing is also a good idea but not for this particular character. Perhaps another villain for her? xD I guess we're making her own rogue's gallery for her!

I think I might end up going with either the vector manipulation or the gravity manipulation powerset. The more I think about it the more I am starting to lean towards gravity manipulation for this particular character and maybe using vector manipulation for a different villain perhaps. I'll think on this for a good while xD

how about similar to Mandarin or something?

#7287 Edited by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy Ororo Munroe Month!

#7288 Posted by azaritorrent (516 posts) - - Show Bio
#7289 Posted by poisonfleur (2928 posts) - - Show Bio

@azaritorrent:

OMG I love the picture you have as your default-- Classic Storm moment!

#7290 Edited by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

@azaritorrent:

OMG I love the picture you have as your default-- Classic Storm moment!

"You breathe when I allow it!"

#7291 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

I also like the idea of an army or a group of evil villains.

#7292 Posted by BR_Havoc (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

I have wanted to ask this to Storm fans. Would you of liked to see Storm be given Sue's spot on the FF? instead of Medusa?.
Or do you think she belongs in X titles and should stay with them?

#7293 Posted by Walzo (4355 posts) - - Show Bio

REMEMBER ME.

#7294 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

I have wanted to ask this to Storm fans. Would you of liked to see Storm be given Sue's spot on the FF? instead of Medusa?.

Yes/No for me. The one thing that's stopping her from becoming an actual solo character as opposed to the "Mother of the X-Men" is the fact that Marvel has restricted her from branching out since BP. Branching out is exactly what she needs at this point, and it would have been great to see her as a part of the FF (or any other non-X-Team, preferably the NA), but then Fraction's the writer, so i'd prefer to keep my sanity.

Also, she was supposed to be a member of the UA and/or NA, but Editorial said no because of her non-existent "role" in the Xbooks. At this point, i'm just waiting for Wood.

#7295 Posted by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

Yes. because FF have more powerful opponents and I would really love to see a new FF outfit for Ororo Munroe. : )

#7296 Edited by BR_Havoc (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

Yes. because FF have more powerful opponents and I would really love to see a new FF outfit for Ororo Munroe. : )

Damn you are right that outfit would of looked great on her! I may not be a big Storm fan (I like her and all just never read a lot of books with her in them) but I think she needs to step out of X-men books completely. Get her in the Avengers or something there are just to many other strong female X-men characters for her to truly shine. Then again that is my opinion.

#7297 Edited by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@br_havoc said:

Damn you are right that outfit would of looked great on her! I may not be a big Storm fan (I like her and all just never read a lot of books with her in them) but I think she needs to step out of X-men books completely. Get her in the Avengers or something there are just to many other strong female X-men characters for her to truly shine. Then again that is my opinion.

I agree with you. Becoming a member of Fantastic Four would be a great start

#7298 Edited by jhazzroucher (14732 posts) - - Show Bio

Where are you all Storm fans?

#7299 Posted by BR_Havoc (1255 posts) - - Show Bio

@br_havoc said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@br_havoc said:

I agree with you. Becoming a member of Fantastic Four would be a great start

I think that would of been cool having her on the FF when the real Fantastic Four are in space but nope Marvel wanted her back in X books. I think I might be the only person that thinks Storm was more relative and stood out more in the Marvel universe when she was married to Black Panther, The marriage was never written well or progressed but at least it was something. Now with her dating Wolverine she is stuck in X books for the foreseeable future and that limits a cool character.

#7300 Posted by azaritorrent (516 posts) - - Show Bio

with the rise of new mutants, I believe this is the perfect time for an enemy to come for her. she needs an enemy that can push her to and pass her limit so we can finally get some coverage on her unlimited power. I think a villain with the ability to effect emotions and create physical illusions would suit her just fine. I think the villain should hate storm because of something in the past that maybe she neglected or did by accident. And now that this person has gained these powers she/he can now exact an insatiable revenge.

I wish they would let me write a solo for storm. My career would finally be at a high.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.