Storm discussion

#7201 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19598 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooooooooo.... Halle Berry is Preggers

#7202 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

Lmao you never disappoint, I love you White Mage lol. Keeping my fingers crossed for a recast Storm, I wish Singer trolled this site to see what we think.

I hope his COSTUME DESIGNERS troll this site to see what we think too. They know they're ratchet, and they need to change their ways

lol yes they are ratchet indeed. With that leather, they better come hard this time.

#7203 Edited by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

No T No ShDe... I'm gonna say it again... Shingai Shoniwa is PERFECTION for the roll. Is he's Of Zimbaeean heritage and grew up in London. Deep Africa sultry African twangs paired with the Brian accent... I would die and resurrect myself if they chose her. Plus she went to school for acting, she can pull off drastic looks, and She has modeling experience... Perfect

Lmao this had me dead. Im going to look up this actree because im not familiar with her. But yes the african features with a british accent, i would die right beside you,that is my dream.

#7204 Edited by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot connect

#7205 Posted by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see a young Storm

#7206 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooooooooooo.... Halle Berry is Preggers

Really now? I guess they either need to hurry Storm's scenes or find a replacement.

#7207 Edited by _Sojourn_ (19598 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup, Halle is with child, so Shingai, move in

#7208 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@_sojourn_ said:

Sooooooooooo.... Halle Berry is Preggers

Really now? I guess they either need to hurry Storm's scenes or find a replacement.

i vote for a replacement pronto. Behold the 70s ultimate Storm

#7209 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@blood1991 said:

@_sojourn_ said:

Sooooooooooo.... Halle Berry is Preggers

Really now? I guess they either need to hurry Storm's scenes or find a replacement.

i vote for a replacement pronto. Behold the 70s ultimate Storm

I'd prefer a replacement too in all honesty.

Yup, Halle is with child, so Shingai, move in

Has she acted in anything? I'd like to check her out.

#7210 Posted by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

Halle's second child is from Hugh Jackman. hahahaha

#7211 Posted by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyra Banks!

#7212 Posted by PassionFlower (968 posts) - - Show Bio

Step down Halle for the good of your kid and ALL kids.

#7213 Edited by PassionFlower (968 posts) - - Show Bio
#7214 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

Sir...no. just...no.

I agree NO! dont know why you keep mentioning her. Tyra would do less for Storm than Halle did and at least halle had star power to push more for Storm. Tyra would destroy what people saw Storm as, shes more than a pretty face.

#7215 Edited by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@passionflower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

Sir...no. just...no.

I agree NO! dont know why you keep mentioning her. Tyra would do less for Storm than Halle did and at least halle had star power to push more for Storm. Tyra would destroy what people saw Storm as, shes more than a pretty face.

Some people cannot see the light..............though they are within the sun

#7216 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

@passionflower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

@jhazzroucher said:

Tyra Banks!

Sir...no. just...no.

I agree NO! dont know why you keep mentioning her. Tyra would do less for Storm than Halle did and at least halle had star power to push more for Storm. Tyra would destroy what people saw Storm as, shes more than a pretty face.

Some people cannot see the light..............though they are within the sun

Yeeessss!!! Lol you know your comments give me life.

#7217 Posted by poisonfleur (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyra as Storm...
Why don't we just sign up Queen Latifah while we are at it...
Oh and wouldn't Tyler Perry's Madea be a great for the role of Storm too?
It's hard to believe you are actually a Storm fan by rooting for Tyra... Like how old are you? 7?
Clearly you haven't heard Tyra open her mouth and have only been watching her career from the Victoria Secret Fashion shows...

#7218 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyra as Storm...

Why don't we just sign up Queen Latifah while we are at it...

Oh and wouldn't Tyler Perry's Madea be a great for the role of Storm too?

It's hard to believe you are actually a Storm fan by rooting for Tyra... Like how old are you? 7?

Clearly you haven't heard Tyra open her mouth and have only been watching her career from the Victoria Secret Fashion shows...

I do love me some Queen Latifah her name just embodies it, i mean Queen i love her.

#7219 Posted by poisonfleur (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

Tyra as Storm...

Why don't we just sign up Queen Latifah while we are at it...

Oh and wouldn't Tyler Perry's Madea be a great for the role of Storm too?

It's hard to believe you are actually a Storm fan by rooting for Tyra... Like how old are you? 7?

Clearly you haven't heard Tyra open her mouth and have only been watching her career from the Victoria Secret Fashion shows...

I do love me some Queen Latifah her name just embodies it, i mean Queen i love her.

Okay-- How about Lil Kim as Storm. ;P
LOL Jk!
Halle.. Can you actually be the Storm we all fell in love with? I think she has the capability to, but only time will tell. As much as I loved X-men the last stand, This is Halle's last chance to really shine as Storm. She (& Singer) better let us have it!! >:D
I want the POWER OF GAIA-- THE POW'R OF THE WIND!!!!

#7220 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

@poisonfleur said:

Tyra as Storm...

Why don't we just sign up Queen Latifah while we are at it...

Oh and wouldn't Tyler Perry's Madea be a great for the role of Storm too?

It's hard to believe you are actually a Storm fan by rooting for Tyra... Like how old are you? 7?

Clearly you haven't heard Tyra open her mouth and have only been watching her career from the Victoria Secret Fashion shows...

I do love me some Queen Latifah her name just embodies it, i mean Queen i love her.

Okay-- How about Lil Kim as Storm. ;P

LOL Jk!

Halle.. Can you actually be the Storm we all fell in love with? I think she has the capability to, but only time will tell. As much as I loved X-men the last stand, This is Halle's last chance to really shine as Storm. She (& Singer) better let us have it!! >:D

I want the POWER OF GAIA-- THE POW'R OF THE WIND!!!!

If Lil Kim plastic behind showed up as Storm i would boycott the movie,because she looks a mess. Idk now about Halle with this pregnancy thing im really uncertain and nervous. i just hope they do Storm some justice, I agree this is her last time to impress. And i for one loved last stand,besides everyone dying in the movie.

#7221 Posted by poisonfleur (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

@poisonfleur said:

Tyra as Storm...

Why don't we just sign up Queen Latifah while we are at it...

Oh and wouldn't Tyler Perry's Madea be a great for the role of Storm too?

It's hard to believe you are actually a Storm fan by rooting for Tyra... Like how old are you? 7?

Clearly you haven't heard Tyra open her mouth and have only been watching her career from the Victoria Secret Fashion shows...

I do love me some Queen Latifah her name just embodies it, i mean Queen i love her.

Okay-- How about Lil Kim as Storm. ;P

LOL Jk!

Halle.. Can you actually be the Storm we all fell in love with? I think she has the capability to, but only time will tell. As much as I loved X-men the last stand, This is Halle's last chance to really shine as Storm. She (& Singer) better let us have it!! >:D

I want the POWER OF GAIA-- THE POW'R OF THE WIND!!!!

If Lil Kim plastic behind showed up as Storm i would boycott the movie,because she looks a mess. Idk now about Halle with this pregnancy thing im really uncertain and nervous. i just hope they do Storm some justice, I agree this is her last time to impress. And i for one loved last stand,besides everyone dying in the movie.

Agreed. And now after Halle said 'Storm probably isn't going to be as 'badass' as they intended... Now they really got to play on her acting-- Since flying and fight scenes are limited. I am worried too. I was depending on Storm to really unleash in this one. Now... well... at least they say she will be integral part to the film. That's gotta count for something. Right? Just one or two killer scenes is always we need. Heck-- Fly a stunt woman up and give us a tornado blizzard and I will be happy. LMAO!

#7222 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm catchin all kinds of cases over this B.S.

photo tumblr_lsxezywlfw1qzrlhgo1_250_zpse5896d8d.gif

#7223 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
#7224 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

@poisonfleur said:

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

@poisonfleur said:

Tyra as Storm...

Why don't we just sign up Queen Latifah while we are at it...

Oh and wouldn't Tyler Perry's Madea be a great for the role of Storm too?

It's hard to believe you are actually a Storm fan by rooting for Tyra... Like how old are you? 7?

Clearly you haven't heard Tyra open her mouth and have only been watching her career from the Victoria Secret Fashion shows...

I do love me some Queen Latifah her name just embodies it, i mean Queen i love her.

Okay-- How about Lil Kim as Storm. ;P

LOL Jk!

Halle.. Can you actually be the Storm we all fell in love with? I think she has the capability to, but only time will tell. As much as I loved X-men the last stand, This is Halle's last chance to really shine as Storm. She (& Singer) better let us have it!! >:D

I want the POWER OF GAIA-- THE POW'R OF THE WIND!!!!

If Lil Kim plastic behind showed up as Storm i would boycott the movie,because she looks a mess. Idk now about Halle with this pregnancy thing im really uncertain and nervous. i just hope they do Storm some justice, I agree this is her last time to impress. And i for one loved last stand,besides everyone dying in the movie.

Agreed. And now after Halle said 'Storm probably isn't going to be as 'badass' as they intended... Now they really got to play on her acting-- Since flying and fight scenes are limited. I am worried too. I was depending on Storm to really unleash in this one. Now... well... at least they say she will be integral part to the film. That's gotta count for something. Right? Just one or two killer scenes is always we need. Heck-- Fly a stunt woman up and give us a tornado blizzard and I will be happy. LMAO!

Wait were did you hear them say Storm wouldnt be as badass because of Halles pregnancy? Now im mad i dont even want Halle in the movie at all,she just finds a wa to screw us Storm fans ove every time. I dont just want her standing around doing nothing and just talking the whole movie. I want to boycott. How can I contact Singer do you know by chance?

#7225 Posted by xrs10 (60 posts) - - Show Bio

This is what I find so silly about fans, You are now saying Halle Berry has managed to screw up the film by being pregnant... I am pretty sure she didn't deliberately knock herself up so she could cause issues for Storm! A little perspective wouldn't go a miss. And also! when people question her acting ability I ask you to watch Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, Monster's Ball, Gothika and The Call.

You just want storm to be exactly how you want her to be in the comics, and no offence. she hasn't even been shown all too well in comics in recent times, so if comics can't get her how fans want her then how is it going to be any different in films. I just feel peoples expectations are way too high.

#7226 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@xrs10 said:

This is what I find so silly about fans, You are now saying Halle Berry has managed to screw up the film by being pregnant... I am pretty sure she didn't deliberately knock herself up so she could cause issues for Storm! A little perspective wouldn't go a miss. And also! when people question her acting ability I ask you to watch Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, Monster's Ball, Gothika and The Call.

You just want storm to be exactly how you want her to be in the comics, and no offence. she hasn't even been shown all too well in comics in recent times, so if comics can't get her how fans want her then how is it going to be any different in films. I just feel peoples expectations are way too high.

First off I didnt say anything negative about her being pregnant i said it was a blessing if you read my messages when i first found out she was pregnant. I didnt want Halle as Storm when the first movie was made not just because she is preganant now. I only got disappointed when i read she said Storm wouldnt be as badass,because of her condition, because she is one of the the powerhouses in the X-men and she hasnt been shown that way. Its an action movie so of course I dont want a bunch of talking, I had hopes that she would be kicking butt,which she probably could still do I dont need to see her flying around. And yes i question Halles acting ability, I loved Dorothy Dandridge and Gothika I own both,but I do think her acting ability is overrated she changes up a little bit but Ive never seen her just completely in character,shes not a bad actress just not the person I pictured as Storm. just because shortly ago she wasnt shown well in comics dosent mean they can just erase the history of the character that has been developed. Xavier,magneto, wolverine, and Mystique in the movies were very close to the comic book counterparts. Its not just Storm,but you grow up with this character and its completely the opposite of what they are, i have an issue with Rogues character as well, it seems they focus on certain ones. But no Storms history speaks volumes within itself with some awesome character depictions, its lots they can pull from to make the character like itself,not exactly but the only thing familiar with her movie version is her white hair.

#7227 Posted by butterflykyss (4245 posts) - - Show Bio
#7228 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@xrs10 said:

This is what I find so silly about fans, You are now saying Halle Berry has managed to screw up the film by being pregnant... I am pretty sure she didn't deliberately knock herself up so she could cause issues for Storm! A little perspective wouldn't go a miss. And also! when people question her acting ability I ask you to watch Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, Monster's Ball, Gothika and The Call.

You just want storm to be exactly how you want her to be in the comics, and no offence. she hasn't even been shown all too well in comics in recent times, so if comics can't get her how fans want her then how is it going to be any different in films. I just feel peoples expectations are way too high.

1. What you find "silly", I find VERY valid. Children are cherubs sent from God. I get that. But when a person says that my favorite character "isn't going to be as bada$$ as originally intended" DUE to pregnancy, when I didn't even want the chick cast in the role in the first place, and when I already hated the fact that they switched to the director who acted like he didn't give a damn about her through 2 whole films? Uhm, yeah, I'm ready to (figuratively speaking) bust balls. You see also that we're all demanding that her stunt woman be stepped up considerably.

2. I've literally seen all but ONE of those movies, and you see that I still am not her number 1 fan. We b**ch and complain about comics too, so why should this movie, or this actress, get a pass? Sorry, but I'm not sorry. This is some bull, and I refuse to say differently. I wanted YOUNGER, BETTER, or BOTH..............How you gone mention "Gothika"? That movie was awful

3. You know who ISN'T like 616 Storm? "Ultimate X-Men" Storm. You know what she is? Awesome....her portrayal has also been rather up there, in terms of screen time and characterization. 616 (main universe) Storm may have less "umph" than she did in her days with Claremont, but she's Halle Storm. I blame casting directors and writers for that floptastic decision. And, just like comics, I'm going to complain about it.

4. Don't get me wrong. I'm seeing this movie. There are characters that I'm looking forward to, such as Blink. And there are characters that I'm NOT looking forward to, such as Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique. However, if Halle's words remain true, my favorite character is being toned down, because an actress I don't like is with child..................HOW am I winning in this scenario? I'm not. I'm not winning. I'm losing. This is a loss. This is a "No Gray Warden's in Dragon Age 2" loss, and a "Liv Tyler" In "LOTR"-style fail..................I really liked First Class though.....I wanted them to stay with First Class

#7229 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio
#7230 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7678 posts) - - Show Bio

GUYS.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/04/09/the-greatest-storm-stories-ever-told/

#7231 Posted by Roddy010 (5761 posts) - - Show Bio
#7232 Edited by butterflykyss (4245 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@white_mage said:

(Possibly) Happier News

Age of Ultron Action

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16060

thanks for the link... is storm keepin the other heroes aloft with her winds???

Yep. She did it last issue too.

Awesome.. I am glad they are showing her capable of this. However, WTF with I need to concentrate?? She has done this before as Roddy showed and she has created Cat. 5 five winds at ease, which I would think could keep a group of this size afloat. And what's which Quicksilver asking can she go any faster. I hope its because he is used to moving at faster speeds. MEH... Maybe I'm being too critical.. but nonetheless very awesome!!!

#7233 Posted by butterflykyss (4245 posts) - - Show Bio
#7234 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@white_mage said:

(Possibly) Happier News

Age of Ultron Action

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16060

thanks for the link... is storm keepin the other heroes aloft with her winds???

Yep. She did it last issue too.

Awesome.. I am glad they are showing her capable of this. However, WTF with I need to concentrate?? She has done this before as Roddy showed and she has created Cat. 5 five winds at ease, which I would think could keep a group of this size afloat. And what's which Quicksilver asking can she go any faster. I hope its because he is used to moving at faster speeds. MEH... Maybe I'm being too critical.. but nonetheless very awesome!!!

Here's the thing though. Below them? Ultron City. He'd have some killed, and some captured in a heartbeat. She was probably EXTREMELY focused, because she was flying them to the Savage Land, from New York, without rest stops, and keeping them protected from Ultron's "eyes"........continental travel is no joke

#7235 Posted by poisonfleur (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@white_mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@white_mage said:

(Possibly) Happier News

Age of Ultron Action

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16060

thanks for the link... is storm keepin the other heroes aloft with her winds???

Yep. She did it last issue too.

Awesome.. I am glad they are showing her capable of this. However, WTF with I need to concentrate?? She has done this before as Roddy showed and she has created Cat. 5 five winds at ease, which I would think could keep a group of this size afloat. And what's which Quicksilver asking can she go any faster. I hope its because he is used to moving at faster speeds. MEH... Maybe I'm being too critical.. but nonetheless very awesome!!!

Here's the thing though. Below them? Ultron City. He'd have some killed, and some captured in a heartbeat. She was probably EXTREMELY focused, because she was flying them to the Savage Land, from New York, without rest stops, and keeping them protected from Ultron's "eyes"........continental travel is no joke

Remember that episode of X-men when she said:

'SWIRL MIGHTY WINDS AND CARRY US TO JEAN!'

#7236 Posted by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

it's been a while

#7237 Edited by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@white_mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@white_mage said:

(Possibly) Happier News

Age of Ultron Action

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=16060

thanks for the link... is storm keepin the other heroes aloft with her winds???

Yep. She did it last issue too.

Awesome.. I am glad they are showing her capable of this. However, WTF with I need to concentrate?? She has done this before as Roddy showed and she has created Cat. 5 five winds at ease, which I would think could keep a group of this size afloat. And what's which Quicksilver asking can she go any faster. I hope its because he is used to moving at faster speeds. MEH... Maybe I'm being too critical.. but nonetheless very awesome!!!

Here's the thing though. Below them? Ultron City. He'd have some killed, and some captured in a heartbeat. She was probably EXTREMELY focused, because she was flying them to the Savage Land, from New York, without rest stops, and keeping them protected from Ultron's "eyes"........continental travel is no joke

Remember that episode of X-men when she said:

'SWIRL MIGHTY WINDS AND CARRY US TO JEAN!'

I definitely remember that

#7238 Posted by Roddy010 (5761 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: No problem Kyss ;)

GUYS.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/04/09/the-greatest-storm-stories-ever-told/

This is pretty awesome and lol @ all but one issue being written by Claremont.

#7239 Posted by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

whoa! you guys talk too much. I'm into DOTA right now

#7240 Edited by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@butterflykyss: No problem Kyss ;)

@ageofhurricane said:

GUYS.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/04/09/the-greatest-storm-stories-ever-told/

This is pretty awesome and lol @ all but one issue being written by Claremont.

thanks for the link

#7241 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7678 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Slightly annoyed that BW's run on X-Men wasn't mentioned, but the titles that were mentioned were reasonable regardless. Yes, Claremont was one of the only men to truly "get" her.

#7242 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

it's been a while

I know i missed you Jhazz,lol

#7243 Posted by Roddy010 (5761 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Slightly annoyed that BW's run on X-Men wasn't mentioned, but the titles that were mentioned were reasonable regardless. Yes, Claremont was one of the only men to truly "get" her.

Yes I noticed that too. That issue should have at the very least been in the top 5. Wood's Storm was the true definition of badassery. He should definitely be recognized for his portrayal. Lol sad but true, Claremont is the Kelsey Grammer of X-men.

#7244 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember that episode of X-men when she said:

'SWIRL MIGHTY WINDS AND CARRY US TO JEAN!'

How could I forget? She pwned 3 hellfire club members.lol

#7245 Posted by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio
#7246 Edited by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

Remember that episode of X-men when she said:

'SWIRL MIGHTY WINDS AND CARRY US TO JEAN!'

How could I forget? She pwned 3 hellfire club members.lol

"I believe the pleasure is mine!"

#7247 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (298 posts) - - Show Bio

When do they start filming for DOFP, Im extremely anxious to see more. Heres a glimspe at the costume. I wanna see Halle.

#7248 Posted by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

When do they start filming for DOFP, Im extremely anxious to see more. Heres a glimspe at the costume. I wanna see Halle.

Me too.

#7249 Edited by jhazzroucher (18030 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see Storm fighting along with the Avengers against Thanos

#7250 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

When do they start filming for DOFP, Im extremely anxious to see more. Heres a glimspe at the costume. I wanna see Halle.

PATRICK STEWART!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.