Storm discussion

#7051 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

#7052 Posted by Roddy010 (5433 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Very nice art. Whose the artist?

#7053 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010:

1st pic- Kaare Andrews

2nd pic-David Yardin "who also did this sketch"

#7054 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Roddy010:

1st pic- Kaare Andrews

2nd pic-David Yardin "who also did this sketch"

................................I adore Yardin....................to pieces....................I would love to see him really go in on this costume. The sketch gets me excited...........He has such a way with character diversity

#7055 Posted by poisonfleur (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

WOW --- I love this! I love how everyone is digging the new costume.

Someone before said it has a bit of a victoria's secret feel. I think so too! :)

#7056 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

Someone before said it has a bit of a victoria's secret feel. I think so too! :)

Ditto.................He draws the hell outta Storm imo. He already had her mohawk down from the "Evolution" pic he made for the Mighty Thor

#7057 Posted by poisonfleur (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

Ditto.................He draws the hell outta Storm imo. He already had her mohawk down from the "Evolution" pic he made for the Mighty Thor

Yeah- I like it better down (gimme my Xenogeneisis Storm for when she is in her street/casual clothes and Marvel NOW Storm for when duty calls!)

#7058 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

Yeah- I like it better down (gimme my Xenogeneisis Storm for when she is in her street/casual clothes and Marvel NOW Storm for when duty calls!)

..........................I love just how tiny she looks compared to the sentinel, even though she's about to royally f*ck him up

I'ma need Marvel to pick up the pace though. I know that she's upgraded and such within the world of X, but she needs more material, asap

#7059 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

wow! awesome! I love it

#7060 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

still playing MAA with Storm

#7061 Posted by butterflykyss (3949 posts) - - Show Bio

Hi everyone!! Hope all is well.... its been kinda slow news for Storm.. I am hoping to see the UXF previews soon. She was in the previews for the Uncanny Xmen but it appeared she would just have a background spot. Anywho til next time!!

#7062 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

Hi everyone!! Hope all is well.... its been kinda slow news for Storm.. I am hoping to see the UXF previews soon. She was in the previews for the Uncanny Xmen but it appeared she would just have a background spot. Anywho til next time!!

That's why I didn't even mention Uncanny. I love the mohawk crossover, but she hasn't done anything noteworthy in Uncanny, or in ANXM...........kinda pisses me off, but whatevs

#7063 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

That's why I didn't even mention Uncanny. I love the mohawk crossover, but she hasn't done anything noteworthy in Uncanny, or in ANXM...........kinda pisses me off, but whatevs

LOL I know. In the previews she's just standing there while Cyclops argues with Iceman and Wolverine. I bet you once the issue is release there won't be any change from the previews and continue to be pretty wallpaper. I will be somewhat surprise if she says more than four words or does something other than stand around. I sometimes wonder why Bendis even bothers.

#7064 Posted by poisonfleur (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

..........................I love just how tiny she looks compared to the sentinel, even though she's about to royally f*ck him up

I'ma need Marvel to pick up the pace though. I know that she's upgraded and such within the world of X, but she needs more material, asap

I know! I just can't get enough of her lately! I hope others feel the same.

#7065 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jalysia said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

LOL I know. In the previews she's just standing there while Cyclops argues with Iceman and Wolverine. I bet you once the issue is release there won't be any change from the previews and continue to be pretty wallpaper. I will be somewhat surprise if she says more than four words or does something other than stand around. I sometimes wonder why Bendis even bothers.

Bendis confuses the living hell out of me. He speaks like he REALLY wants her around, but for freakin WHAT? He pisses me off because he completely ignores her current rank, while touching on it at the same time with stuff like her replying "I am" when asked who was in charge. He's toying with me, and I want him to go away with this bull. The ONLY books to really watch for her, are Uncanny X-Force and X-Men.............POSSIBLY Fearless Defenders too. But the rest of this ish is for the birds..........the anorexic birds who'll probably die after eating a single cracker

#7066 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

The ones who feel the same are actually writing her with legit involvement..............Bendis is not one of those who feels the same. But, Brian Wood and Humphries definitely do........................and those are the books that she's STARRING in...........so that's all that really matters to me. Her image is being wasted with the others, cause she looks too damn good to just be THERE.

#7067 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm back! : )

#7068 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Jalysia said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

Bendis confuses the living hell out of me. He speaks like he REALLY wants her around, but for freakin WHAT? He pisses me off because he completely ignores her current rank, while touching on it at the same time with stuff like her replying "I am" when asked who was in charge. He's toying with me, and I want him to go away with this bull. The ONLY books to really watch for her, are Uncanny X-Force and X-Men.............POSSIBLY Fearless Defenders too. But the rest of this ish is for the birds..........the anorexic birds who'll probably die after eating a single cracker

true. : (

#7069 Posted by poisonfleur (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

The ones who feel the same are actually writing her with legit involvement..............Bendis is not one of those who feels the same. But, Brian Wood and Humphries definitely do........................and those are the books that she's STARRING in...........so that's all that really matters to me. Her image is being wasted with the others, cause she looks too damn good to just be THERE.

Heck Yes! I have to say something.. As much as I am still mad at Bendis for making Storm foam at the mouth.. His All-New X-men is pretty good. I just wish he would incorporate Storm in the storyline. Seriously she hasn't done anything yet... All-New X-men is the best thing I have read from Bendis since House of M.

I don't mind her standing there and being featured as much anymore. (It all goes to her issue count) long live Storm-- Marvel's leading lady.

Besides Uncanny X-force and X-men AND Wolverine and the X-men, Storm is getting her spotlight. I am happy with all that's going on.

#7070 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

Heck Yes! I have to say something.. As much as I am still mad at Bendis for making Storm foam at the mouth.. His All-New X-men is pretty good. I just wish he would incorporate Storm in the storyline. Seriously she hasn't done anything yet... All-New X-men is the best thing I have read from Bendis since House of M.

I don't mind her standing there and being featured as much anymore. (It all goes to her issue count) long live Storm-- Marvel's leading lady.

Besides Uncanny X-force and X-men AND Wolverine and the X-men, Storm is getting her spotlight. I am happy with all that's going on.

I don't want her in Bendis' book. He doesn't get her, he clearly doesn't like writing for her, and I don't like the way he leads us on. I'm over Bendis when it comes to Storm. All New X-Men IS a good book though. I'd say it's definitely worth reading, due to the juicy drama that's been going on within it.

#7071 Posted by poisonfleur (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

I don't want her in Bendis' book. He doesn't get her, he clearly doesn't like writing for her, and I don't like the way he leads us on. I'm over Bendis when it comes to Storm. All New X-Men IS a good book though. I'd say it's definitely worth reading, due to the juicy drama that's been going on within it.

Yeah I am down. I just hope some of this drama rolls Storm's direction and I hope her Mohawk eventually enters his pages.

#7072 Posted by butterflykyss (3949 posts) - - Show Bio
#7073 Posted by StormyWeather (711 posts) - - Show Bio

There's so much here I'm imot understanding

#7074 Posted by butterflykyss (3949 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure how I feel about this new format. All the top posters are gone anyway HEY STORM LOVERS...

#7075 Posted by butterflykyss (3949 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure how I feel about this new format. All the top posters are gone anyway HEY STORM LOVERS...

#7076 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow what happened to the format thing i dont like it. Im excited for the new UXF to see the entire issue.

#7077 Edited by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

New Site New Art

Artist- Matteo Scalera, John Upchurch, Di Amorim, Michael Dooney, Drew Johnson, Gene Espy, Greg Moutafis and Wassy "old one"

#7078 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone read UXF yet. I saw opinions ranging from somewhat decent to outright horrible. According to some, Storm came across as a bit OOC. Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to shell out four bucks for this issue. So I might just skip it, and pick it back up once the story's pace moves at a decent speed. Hopefully Humphries does just that, because people are already starting to drop, and you have to consider Wood's book coming out next month, which could potentially overshadow Humphries'. Especially, since Wood does a great job of writing both Storm and Psylocke.

Then again, I might change my mind, and buy it anyway. Decisions Decions.

#7079 Edited by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the new look here

#7080 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

so we can't quote anymore?>

#7081 Edited by leoseeks (7 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia:

yes I've read the reviews too but I'm curious as to where he's going to take this arc so I do plan on reading UXF. I think I'll give it a couple more issues before I decide stick with it or drop it. Honestly, I may just drop Marvel again anyway (or at least the X-men side) I'm not really thrilled with the direction of the X-titles. I've been spot reading here and there (I haven't read comics in years) and it just seems so Summers/Grey centric the last years. (Am I wrong about this?) Anyway, I'm waiting patiently for Brian Woods title.

#7082 Edited by Roddy010 (5433 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

Has anyone read UXF yet. I saw opinions ranging from somewhat decent to outright horrible. According to some, Storm came across as a bit OOC. Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to shell out four bucks for this issue. So I might just skip it, and pick it back up once the story's pace moves at a decent speed. Hopefully Humphries does just that, because people are already starting to drop, and you have to consider Wood's book coming out next month, which could potentially overshadow Humphries'. Especially, since Wood does a great job of writing both Storm and Psylocke.

I think it's way too soon for people to start dropping this series. It's only three issues in, Humphries doesn't want to compact the story in just a few issues. Then people will be complaining it's too short and rushed. I think his Storm portrayal is decent, at least decent enough to keep me interested, but I didn't find her out of character. Anyway the next 3 issues will be focusing on Bishop and how he got this way.

#7083 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@jalysia said:

I think it's way too soon for people to start dropping this series. It's only three issues in, Humphries doesn't want to compact the story in just a few issues. Then people will be complaining it's too short and rushed. I think his Storm portrayal is decent, at least decent enough to keep me interested, but I didn't find her out of character. Anyway the next 3 issues will be focusing on Bishop and how he got this way.

I found her talk with Betsy a tad out of character, but otherwise it was alright. Still not as wowed as I was hoping to be.

#7084 Posted by Roddy010 (5433 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@jalysia said:

I found her talk with Betsy a tad out of character, but otherwise it was alright. Still not as wowed as I was hoping to be.

Yeah I feel you I just think people should give it at least a few issues before jumping ship. I am loving Betsy and her the cattiness that is Spiral.

#7085 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Agreed there and the rail road scene was really really cool. Betsy is hardcore awesome, Spiral is incredibly well done, and Puck is awesome as he always is, and the Clusters misadventures are pretty sweet, but Storm felt like a watered downed Emma Frost at time and after the first issue doing her justice it was disappointing.

#7086 Posted by Roddy010 (5433 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Agreed there and the rail road scene was really really cool. Betsy is hardcore awesome, Spiral is incredibly well done, and Puck is awesome as he always is, and the Clusters misadventures are pretty sweet, but Storm felt like a watered downed Emma Frost at time and after the first issue doing her justice it was disappointing.

Lmao Humphries does seem to over do it with the snarkiness, I mean I know she's going through a divorce but damn. I still feel like we haven't seen the best of his writing though. At least he isn't giving her the Bendis treatment. But overall I think this is a good series so far.

#7087 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@blood1991 said:

Lmao Humphries does seem to over do it with the snarkiness, I mean I know she's going through a divorce but damn. I still feel like we haven't seen the best of his writing though. At least he isn't giving her the Bendis treatment. But overall I think this is a good series so far.

We shall see. Plus I think the whole Bishop baby killing thing is being erased so YAY!

#7088 Posted by butterflykyss (3949 posts) - - Show Bio

ive been hearing a lot of bad things bout uxf 3... hopefully things pick up

#7089 Edited by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks weird in here I see some changes have been made.

#7090 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio
#7091 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio
#7092 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

what does OOC mean?

#7093 Edited by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

ive been hearing a lot of bad things bout uxf 3... hopefully things pick up

i hope people will continue buying the comicbook no matter what

#7094 Edited by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

New Site New Art

Artist- Matteo Scalera, John Upchurch, Di Amorim, Michael Dooney, Drew Johnson, Gene Espy, Greg Moutafis and Wassy "old one"

I love you, lol Were do you get this art. i love the Classic Storm so much it was when i first fell in love with her.

#7095 Edited by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

what does OOC mean?

I believe it mean Out Of Control

#7096 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio
#7097 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio
#7098 Posted by Storm_UltimateBadass (297 posts) - - Show Bio

@blood1991: You do a great job finding those pics. Much appreciated.

#7099 Edited by ShadeKing (10 posts) - - Show Bio
@blood1991 said:

@storm_ultimatebadass: I get my art from a mixture of Tumblr, and deviantart. Mostly Tumblr though.

It's nice to know that Tumblr can be used for much more than just streaming through an infinite sea of R-rated images

#7100 Posted by jhazzroucher (16491 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.