Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10153 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm could make a H-Bomb?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

Okay the scan does say Storm was using Hydrogen...

Yes, she pulled free floating hydrogen atoms to her area of space, shaped them into a sphere aroung Norrin, and then ignited the hydrogen into a ball of flame. The writer (RIP...loved his work) confirmed that it was NOT an H-Bomb. I have the links to the sites where he made the posts to clarify if you would like to see it.

I think her cosmic weather manipulation is still a very cool and powerful ability, and is mostly unexplored. With her space weather manipulation she has drawn on the energy of stars, manipulated the solar wind for flight and defense, her lightning bolts are amped while in space, and she even formed lightning by using the electrons in Stardusts body. I would love for her space weather abiities to be explored more.

I don't even think he confirmed that she did that. He was just saying that she used the hydrogen to produce a lightning bolt in space, but I guess it would make sense that hydrogen would have been ignited from the attack. I still question whether or not he was being truthful with me though, especially considering he confirmed the electron rip'n shove feat which was IIRC in the very same post about the H-Bomb. I didn't want to put him on blast but I don't feel he wanted to confirm it because many of the posters were being hard-a**es in the thread about his scientific approach and he received alot of backlash for that run because of the arm bar.

You're right. He didn't specifically state the ball of fire when he was clarifying the H-Bomb on CBR. I was going by the way Silver Surfer described it in the issue. On the electron rip and shove, YES, he confirmed it there and on the vhive.com site (where he got soem heat from fans there as well lol...poor guy).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I didn't follow any of these sites when this book was popular. How did McDuffie clarifiy what Storm had done and what did he get heat about from fans??? In regards to what?

Sidenote: Hope you guys had a great weekend.

When he threw the board, I giggled.lol

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Decoy Elite said:

Why doesn't she just gain the power to s*** black holes at this point.

Jeez, there's being versatile with a power set and then there's just writers stretching it too far.

With magneto, Iceman, and MEGGAN existing...I honestly can't say that I'm disturbed by Ms. Munroe

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Storm Calling

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I didn't follow any of these sites when this book was popular. How did McDuffie clarifiy what Storm had done and what did he get heat about from fans??? In regards to what?

I had a pretty good weekend, thanks. :-)

As for Mcduffie, he mainly got the heat from having the Black Panther put The Silver Surfer in an arm lock, and having Norrin unable to break free of it(which is quite a bit unrealistic). This was a mistake on the part of the editors because for a time the Surfer was believed to be a humanoid wrapped in foil with the power cosmic. T'Challa exploited the same weaknesses that any humanoid would have by locking his joints into place.

This was changed some time ago and apparently no one caught on to it so... yeah. That shouldn't have worked at all. It was obvious that none of the characters should have really been able to affect him in the first place, so Norrin was saw to be played down too much in the run and alot of people hated it, so they put everything that he'd done in the issue on blast.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say she has the potential to do that if we employ pseudoscience. Just taking into account the amount of x-rays usually needed to accomplish an h-bomb explosion would mean that at the very least, she would need to be in the upper atmosphere or in space to harness enough.

This is another reason I think her power is wasted on the X-Men; she really would be a great fit for the "Fantastic Four" with a different codename. I really liked her run on FF.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I'd say she has the potential to do that if we employ pseudoscience. Just taking into account the amount of x-rays usually needed to accomplish an h-bomb explosion would mean that at the very least, she would need to be in the upper atmosphere or in space to harness enough.

This is another reason I think her power is wasted on the X-Men; she really would be a great fit for the "Fantastic Four" with a different codename. I really liked her run on FF.

If it weren't for vanity and copyright infringement, I'd say steal "Oya"......Idie doesn't wear it properly anyway

But, Ororo says she's mistress of the storm, including cosmic weather, so...........these happy days are hers and mine

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Storm Calling

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Couldn't she extract the hydrogen atoms from water molecules via electrolysis and utilize the X-rays from lightning? lol

I don't think Storm's powers are wasted on the X-men, she just needs better writers. Henry was able to utilize her weather manipulating abilities in a cool way with the water lense.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Storm Calling said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Couldn't she extract the hydrogen atoms from water molecules via electrolysis and utilize the X-rays from lightning? lol

I don't think Storm's powers are wasted on the X-men, she just needs better writers. Henry was able to utilize her weather manipulating abilities in a cool way with the water lense.

We don't know if the X-rays generated by lightning could be used in this way. For one thing, to use real science, the temperature of lightning is much too low to account for x-ray generation. There is a lot of research going on in this regard. It could simply be a matter, once again, of different lightning strikes being composed of different components. Which is why I think she might not be able to pull off this feat unless she's in a certain part of the atmosphere. To be a bit more blunt, I'm not sure if she has the necessary scientific knowledge to pull off her most powerful feats on a consistent basis - she's smart enough to be able to operate at a very high level but if she had genius level intelligence, like R. Richards or even Magneto, I think she'd be a lot more potent.

I mean that the X-Men ultimately are more of a politically motivated team than superheroes or explorers. Certain powersets are wasted on their lineup because the X-Men's goals, while noble, are ultimately smaller than that of other teams like the Avengers or Fantastic Four. Storm's powers could do a lot of good helping the Earth's atmosphere rid itself of pollution, for example, but she spends most of her time fighting evil mutants. Just MHO. But, as I said before, I really like her powers since there are so many ways to think about what they can do and how they work.

@White Mage said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

If it weren't for vanity and copyright infringement, I'd say steal "Oya"......Idie doesn't wear it properly anyway

But, Ororo says she's mistress of the storm, including cosmic weather, so...........these happy days are hers and mine

I think she could get away with ditching the Mistress of the Weather thing and take on a more imposing name that refers to how dynamic her powerset is. I kind of like Parallax, even though I know it's already taken. It just sounds so bad@%%! Maybe someone whose powers are limited to the weather could take Storm to keep the name in Marvel. Not gonna happen, though.

I'd say the major question is whether she could survive the fallout of an h-bomb going off. Cold or humidity is nothing compared to the types of energy this explosion woudl set off, and Storm has never had enhanced durability against energetic energy types.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Storm Calling

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@Storm Calling said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

We don't know if the X-rays generated by lightning could be used in this way. For one thing, to use real science, the temperature of lightning is much too low to account for x-ray generation. There is a lot of research going on in this regard. It could simply be a matter, once again, of different lightning strikes being composed of different components. Which is why I think she might not be able to pull off this feat unless she's in a certain part of the atmosphere. To be a bit more blunt, I'm not sure if she has the necessary scientific knowledge to pull off her most powerful feats on a consistent basis - she's smart enough to be able to operate at a very high level but if she had genius level intelligence, like R. Richards or even Magneto, I think she'd be a lot more potent.

I mean that the X-Men ultimately are more of a politically motivated team than superheroes or explorers. Certain powersets are wasted on their lineup because the X-Men's goals, while noble, are ultimately smaller than that of other teams like the Avengers or Fantastic Four. Storm's powers could do a lot of good helping the Earth's atmosphere rid itself of pollution, for example, but she spends most of her time fighting evil mutants. Just MHO. But, as I said before, I really like her powers since there are so many ways to think about what they can do and how they work.

@White Mage said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I think she could get away with ditching the Mistress of the Weather thing and take on a more imposing name that refers to how dynamic her powerset is. I kind of like Parallax, even though I know it's already taken. It just sounds so bad@%%! Maybe someone whose powers are limited to the weather could take Storm to keep the name in Marvel. Not gonna happen, though.

Who's to say she can't utilize the specific wavelengths of the lightning bolts that emit the gamma and x-rays? The Skrulls seemed the think it was within her power to do so with the solar winds. I'm not really good with science so I doubt I'm making much sense right now. lol

As for pollution and global warming, I'm not even sure it exist on Marvel earth with characters like Storm and Thor around, but it would be interesting to explore.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#109  Edited By jhazzroucher

It was written well. I enjoyed how the story went except for a few things

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#110  Edited By Decoy Elite

@White Mage said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Jeez, there's being versatile with a power set and then there's just writers stretching it too far.

With magneto, Iceman, and MEGGAN existing...I honestly can't say that I'm disturbed by Ms. Munroe

I think it's just as bad with them as well. Especially Magento.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Decoy Elite said:

@White Mage said:

@Decoy Elite said:

I think it's just as bad with them as well. Especially Magento.

.............Sounds like Magneto's gay 2nd cousin

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@King-Stranglehold da first: @White Mage: @Storm Calling: @butterflykyss: Just to keep this thread interesting, since it speaks to a feat she performed in space, what cosmic weather manipulation would like to see Storm create? What do you think she is capable of? Geomagnetic storm? Solar Flare? Other planetary weather phenomena? Harness more than free-floating hydrogen atoms for more varied effects? More solar wind a la skrull's copying her powers and manipulating various wavelengths of radiation?

Storm being able to manipulate these forces would be seen by people ignorant of her powers as outside her abilities obviously, but without that being an issue the used of the geomagnetic storm would require a lot of skill on her part. It would incorporate the use of manipulating the solar wind, the earth's magnetic field, as well as radiation. The problem with this is that here recently most people think that Storm is only capable of creating lightning bolts, winds, rain, and perhaps ice. If a writer were to incoporate this into a story they would have to provide very concise and clear explanation as to why this is within her powerset.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling said:

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I had a pretty good weekend, thanks. :-)

As for Mcduffie, he mainly got the heat from having the Black Panther put The Silver Surfer in an arm lock, and having Norrin unable to break free of it(which is quite a bit unrealistic). This was a mistake on the part of the editors because for a time the Surfer was believed to be a humanoid wrapped in foil with the power cosmic. T'Challa exploited the same weaknesses that any humanoid would have by locking his joints into place.

This was changed some time ago and apparently no one caught on to it so... yeah. That shouldn't have worked at all. It was obvious that none of the characters should have really been able to affect him in the first place, so Norrin was saw to be played down too much in the run and alot of people hated it, so they put everything that he'd done in the issue on blast.

oh no.. poor guy... thanks for the clarification SC...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

Okay the scan does say Storm was using Hydrogen...

Yes, she pulled free floating hydrogen atoms to her area of space, shaped them into a sphere aroung Norrin, and then ignited the hydrogen into a ball of flame. The writer (RIP...loved his work) confirmed that it was NOT an H-Bomb. I have the links to the sites where he made the posts to clarify if you would like to see it.

I think her cosmic weather manipulation is still a very cool and powerful ability, and is mostly unexplored. With her space weather manipulation she has drawn on the energy of stars, manipulated the solar wind for flight and defense, her lightning bolts are amped while in space, and she even formed lightning by using the electrons in Stardusts body. I would love for her space weather abiities to be explored more.

I don't even think he confirmed that she did that. He was just saying that she used the hydrogen to produce a lightning bolt in space, but I guess it would make sense that hydrogen would have been ignited from the attack. I still question whether or not he was being truthful with me though, especially considering he confirmed the electron rip'n shove feat which was IIRC in the very same post about the H-Bomb. I didn't want to put him on blast but I don't feel he wanted to confirm it because many of the posters were being hard-a**es in the thread about his scientific approach and he received alot of backlash for that run because of the arm bar.

You're right. He didn't specifically state the ball of fire when he was clarifying the H-Bomb on CBR. I was going by the way Silver Surfer described it in the issue. On the electron rip and shove, YES, he confirmed it there and on the vhive.com site (where he got soem heat from fans there as well lol...poor guy).

A fan on some site (the site page was deleted by the time he made this clarification on CBR) had quoted him stating that Storm created the H-Bomb with the hydrogen atoms and the lightning bolt she used on SS. Some fans argued that Storm creating an H-Bomb was not in her powerset (though McDuffie has a science degree so I think I'd take his word over their opinions but I digress) and were mostly upset that she even effected the Silver Surfer, who had not been phased by greater forces in the past so he shouldn't be effected by her attack. That much is understandable. He confirmed that Silver Surfer felt it but was not at all hurt by it and wasn't really trying to fight the FF, as he could easily kill them all. And of course the infamous BP armbar lol. McDuffie did clarify that too.

McDuffie then explained that he didn't state that Storm created an H-Bomb, and that he wouldn't give Storm a new power, let alone one of that magnitude. It wasn't a big deal to me since her manipulating hydrogen atoms is already impressive, igniting them with lighting is creative, and the fact that her space lightning even registered with SS is cool enough. People just need to chill lol.

He DID confirm the electron rip and shove with Stardust, and that Storm took the electrons in Stardust's body and used them in the same way that Storm does naturally to create lightning, which disbursed her form for a few seconds.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30: @butterflykyss: Okay, I did a google search and I found an old thread on "thehive" around 2007 when the issue first came out. Someone asked him about the H-bomb here and he confirms again that it wasn't an H-bomb(though he did indicate that she could make one if she wanted to). I suspect that the source that presented him saying that it was an H-bomb years ago on the Hype from another board must have been a fake. Tee use to be on the Hype around the time that info came out(he's on CBR right now) so this further indicates that the lie had been thought to have been true by many people back then, including myself.

http://www.thevhive.com/forum/dwayne-mcduffie/sticky/ff-545-on-sale-wednesday/80?thread_skip=50

That should clear up everything

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: @butterflykyss: Okay, I did a google search and I found an old thread on "thehive" around 2007 when the issue first came out. Someone asked him about the H-bomb here and he confirms again that it wasn't an H-bomb(though he did indicate that she could make one if she wanted to). I suspect that the source that presented him saying that it was an H-bomb years ago on the Hype from another board must have been a fake. Tee use to be on the Hype around the time that info came out(he's on CBR right now) so this further indicates that the lie had been thought to have been true by many people back then, including myself.

http://www.thevhive.com/forum/dwayne-mcduffie/sticky/ff-545-on-sale-wednesday/80?thread_skip=50

Yup this is the site :-). I'll have to bookmark this when I get home. And it's all good. I had believed the H-Bomb when I first heard about it as well. Would have been awesome for that to be the case. The fact that she can do it if she wanted is really awesome, and what she did do was pretty impressive. Though I don't understand why she would need hydrogen to generate lightning when she made that massive lightning bolt that was bigger than the FF's starship to remove those weird looking things (forgot what they are called) from the hull of the FF's ship, or when she killed the brood or stunned an entire ship of brood when she was apart of the Acanti. Either way the display of power is impressive and that has to be her most refined application of her powers to date.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

Yup this is the site :-). I'll have to bookmark this when I get home. And it's all good. I had believed the H-Bomb when I first heard about it as well. Would have been awesome for that to be the case. The fact that she can do it if she wanted is really awesome, and what she did do was pretty impressive. Though I don't understand why she would need hydrogen to generate lightning when she made that massive lightning bolt that was bigger than the FF's starship to remove those weird looking things (forgot what they are called) from the hull of the FF's ship, or when she killed the brood or stunned an entire ship of brood when she was apart of the Acanti. Either way the display of power is impressive and that has to be her most refined application of her powers to date.

Thanks guys for the info.. and agreed to all your points you made.. I remember that lightnin stint.. that was in the series where she hosted the eternity essence I believe.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

Agreed, thanks for pointing me over there(Sorry and RIP Mr. Mcduffie. Hope that redeemed you in that regard). I think alot of what she did is what confused me, especially her needing the hydrogen to produce lightning. I would have never guessed that was the reason she needed the hydrogen. I think Mcduffie probably just wanted to use plausible scientific explanations while he was doing her space feats, which explains why he probably decided to ignore that she could make the lightning without the hydrogen(as I'm sure he probably knew that she could).

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

Agreed, thanks for pointing me over there(Sorry and RIP Mr. Mcduffie. Hope that redeemed you in that regard). I think alot of what she did is what confused me, especially her needing the hydrogen to produce lightning. I would have never guessed that was the reason she needed the hydrogen. I think Mcduffie probably just wanted to use plausible scientific explanations while he was doing her space feats, which explains why he probably decided to ignore that she could make the lightning without the hydrogen(as I'm sure he probably knew that she could).

Anytime :-). He gave Storm some serious awesomeness while she was under his pen, and I am greatful to him for that, regardless of the Storm haters' opinions on what they think she should and shouldn't be able to do :-P.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30: Oh yeah, I still consider him the greatest writer that penned Storm and T'Challa together as a married couple. He had a great understanding of both their skills and powers, and added an interesting dynamic between the two(Storm saying that she'd put him in his place behind closed doors, and T'Challa warning Ben about questioning her hair and eyes. lol). I loved his FF run and It's very sad that all of that potential went to waste.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@King-Stranglehold da first: @White Mage: @Storm Calling: @butterflykyss: Just to keep this thread interesting, since it speaks to a feat she performed in space, what cosmic weather manipulation would like to see Storm create? What do you think she is capable of? Geomagnetic storm? Solar Flare? Other planetary weather phenomena? Harness more than free-floating hydrogen atoms for more varied effects? More solar wind a la skrull's copying her powers and manipulating various wavelengths of radiation?

Storm being able to manipulate these forces would be seen by people ignorant of her powers as outside her abilities obviously, but without that being an issue the used of the geomagnetic storm would require a lot of skill on her part. It would incorporate the use of manipulating the solar wind, the earth's magnetic field, as well as radiation. The problem with this is that here recently most people think that Storm is only capable of creating lightning bolts, winds, rain, and perhaps ice. If a writer were to incoporate this into a story they would have to provide very concise and clear explanation as to why this is within her powerset.

I would love that...a la Claremont style :-). This is one of the reasons why I miss having the narrative bubbles in comics. When Humphries did that in UXF #1 I almost fangasmed. Writers NEED to do this since her form of weather manipulation is primarily manipulating the elements and energy forces behind weather phenomena, explaining how her powers work and all the forces at play when she's using her powers would be more informative and make it clear how unique her powers really are. To only use her to create typical weather manifestatons comes off too limiting, though the scale could still make it a power display impressive. I like a periodic reminder that the forces she controls can be quite vast depending on the materials available to her in her surrounding atmosphere, and that the cosmic tempest is within her purview as is terrestrial. Her manipulating the EM field, a power source she draws on regularly, solar wind and radiation (I presume a radiation that comes from stars) to create a powerful geomagnetic storm on the outskirts of the earth could be awesome depending on how it's used in a story (i.e. - take out a massive starship).

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I would love that...a la Claremont style :-). This is one of the reasons why I miss having the narrative bubbles in comics. When Humphries did that in UXF #1 I almost fangasmed. Writers NEED to do this since her form of weather manipulation is primarily manipulating the elements and energy forces behind weather phenomena, explaining how her powers work and all the forces at play when she's using her powers would be more informative and make it clear how unique her powers really are. To only use her to create typical weather manifestatons comes off too limiting, though the scale could still make it a power display impressive. I like a periodic reminder that the forces she controls can be quite vast depending on the materials available to her in her surrounding atmosphere, and that the cosmic tempest is within her purview as is terrestrial. Her manipulating the EM field, a power source she draws on regularly, solar wind and radiation (I presume a radiation that comes from stars) to create a powerful geomagnetic storm on the outskirts of the earth could be awesome depending on how it's used in a story (i.e. - take out a massive starship).

Well you know, well I believe I should say, that the all women X-team is supposed to face an inter-galatic threat. Perhaps we will see some this explored in Woods title!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss: Good point :-). I hope so too, and Wood is very creative. I don't know if you read WatX Alphas & Omegas but he completely impressed me with his take on Quentin Quire telepathic abilities.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By jhazzroucher

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Storm joining FF again , i so agree.

But with the same code name.

Look at Sue, she has great feats because the FF always deal with super-powered opponents.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss: Good point :-). I hope so too, and Wood is very creative. I don't know if you read WatX Alphas & Omegas but he completely impressed me with his take on Quentin Quire telepathic abilities.

oh no i haven't read it.. honestly if it doesn't have storm in it i don't go near it lol

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By boob

What is wrong with Storm just bending the weather like she did when she was first created, pre space travel. To be honest she was much cooler then. Now she is another over powered charecter like so many others.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By jhazzroucher

@boob said:

What is wrong with Storm just bending the weather like she did when she was first created, pre space travel. To be honest she was much cooler then. Now she is another over powered charecter like so many others.

I believe she hasn't been written overpowered for a while

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By boob
    @jhazzroucher: She has been able to use her powers in space, track people through the movement of the air currents. 
    She can see cables, and follow them  
     Use thunder to block a force that can take down a mountain  
     And this has gotten even stronger  
    Used enough force to fry a man 
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By butterflykyss

@boob said:

@jhazzroucher: She has been able to use her powers in space, track people through the movement of the air currents.

The problem with her just bending weather is that her powers are not just limited to weather manipulation and was NEVER written as such. This is just a lack of an understanding by many of her powers operate. She has ALWAYS been written as being to manipulate the forces/energy that result in weather phenomenon. That is a big difference, and this explains why she is shown to be able to do feats that you would characterize as being overpowered.

Oh and that last scan you provided was an reality in which Ororo and Tchalla grew old and had children. Considering their marriage was annulled so was any chances of them having kids. That said, lightning can reach temperatures that is 5x that the surface of the sun. Her being able to fry a man using lightning is not being over powered but its simply science.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By boob
    @butterflykyss: But how would that protect her from being mind read? I could understand if it was a new telepath since her mind is connected to the elements she may seem like static. But for those who are strong i.e Jean, Emma, and the Professor I would think it would be semi easy to read her mind. Jean has done it before. I don't have a scan so I'll describe it. Jean and Storm were shopping (1970's) when Jean's purse was stolen by a kid. The women went after him but he went into a subway. Jean kept running after him, but Storm stopped. Jean came back up without her purse and was angry with Ororo, so she accidently read Ororo's mind. And saw what happened when Ororo was a child. But years latter Jean has a hard time even talking telepathically with her.  
     P.S  
     P.S  
     What is going on in this page? The way they have the Prof makes me question Scott's and Ororo's relationship. That and how big of a perv Xavier is.....just saying.
     What is going on in this page? The way they have the Prof makes me question Scott's and Ororo's relationship. That and how big of a perv Xavier is.....just saying.
    Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#131  Edited By Roddy010

@boob: You're such a boob lol. ;P jk but seriously using old instances and stats is not helping your case at all. If you are confused or don't quite understand how Ororo's powers work I can refer you here.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@boob said:

@jhazzroucher:

That is her ancestor

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By boob
    @White Mage:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

My point is though powerful she still had limits. But now it seems like she has non, think it and it shall be done. I mean hell now she can make an H-bomb!!! So again what was wrong with her power level back in the day?
     My point is though powerful she still had limits. But now it seems like she has non, think it and it shall be done. I mean hell now she can make an H-bomb!!! So again what was wrong with her power level back in the day?
    BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@boob said:

@jhazzroucher:

When was that and why did she fry him?

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By boob
    @Roddy010: Everyone is confused about her powers, even the writers. In comics she has been described as being immune to the weather temperature, in others it is stated that she just keeps a bubble of warm weather wrapped around her, to keep her at the temperature she wishes. In some comics it is stated that she is the mistress of the weather that she has complete control, in others she is described as more of a sculpture of the weather patterns. For me I like the idea of her being a sculpture and needing to keep warm weather around her. I hate over powered comic book characters. And for those who love Storm and her growing power-set, just remember what happens when someone gets too powerful:   
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#136  Edited By Teerack

Wow....I'm not going to read this thread, but I really hope most of you were smart enough to know that nuclear fusion is NOT weather control...

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By butterflykyss

@boob said:

P.S
    P.S
    What is going on in this page? The way they haveeven the Prof makes me question Scott's and Ororo's relationship. That and how big of a perv Xavier is.....just saying.
    What is going on in this page? The way they haveeven the Prof makes me question Scott's and Ororo's relationship. That and how big of a perv Xavier is.....just saying.
    @butterflykyss: But how would that protect her from being mind read? I could understand if it was a new telepath since her mind is connected to the elements she may seem like static. But for those who are strong i.e Jean, Emma, and the Professor I would think it would be semi easy to read her mind. Jean has done it before. I don't have a scan so I'll describe it. Jean and Storm were shopping (1970's) when Jean's purse was stolen by a kid. The women went after him but he went into a subway. Jean kept running after him, but Storm stopped. Jean came back up without her purse and was angry with Ororo, so she accidently read Ororo's mind. And saw what happened when Ororo was a child. But years latter Jean has a hard time even talking telepathically with her.

I remember that issue you are talking about. However, Storm has been shown even as a young street urchin that she is highly resistant to telepathic attacks. The scan below shows here as a child being able to resist the Shadowking's telepathic assault.

This natural resistance to telepathy has been described due to the constant electric static energy around brain/body. So again, this is all within her powerset, and a person who follows Storm and actually understands how her powers function would understand this.

oh to your ps... you are the perv to have noticed that.. just saying lol

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By boob
    @King-Stranglehold da first: In Black Panther. 
    @Teerack said:

Wow....I'm not going to read this thread, but I really hope most of you were smart enough to know that nuclear fusion is NOT weather control...

That's why I'm confused as to why she can do it. 
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By butterflykyss

@boob said:

@Teerack said:

That's why I'm confused as to why she can do it.

Well.. actually her powers goes beyond just weather control. That is WHY she is CAPABLE of pulling off a feat, its within her powerset. So yes we are smart enough we would just like others to be as well when it comes to her powerset.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@boob said:

@Teerack said:

That's why I'm confused as to why she can do it.

Okay. Thanks. :)

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Roddy010

@boob:

In comics she has been described as being immune to the weather temperature, in others it is stated that she just keeps a bubble of warm weather wrapped around her, to keep her at the temperature she wishes.

I've never read anywhere that states this. I have however seen many instances where its stated that she is immune to extreme weather Mainly due to her connection with the elements and her hypothalamus. Her body to regulate and compensate extreme temperature (internal and external)

In some comics it is stated that she is the mistress of the weather that she has complete control, in others she is described as more of a sculpture of the weather patterns.

You just answered your own question here. Yes Storm is mistress of weather and has complete control of these forces, the "sculptress" simile is just a paragon of how she is able to shape and form these forces to create weather phenomena.

And for those who love Storm and her growing power-set, just remember what happens when someone gets too powerful

Storm has not reach that level of OP like the examples that you used and I doubt Marvel has plans to kill her off anytime soon. There's nothing wrong with being creative with a powerset as big as Storm's.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Roddy010: .............Agreed.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By jhazzroucher

@boob said:

@White Mage:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Ororo Munroe was actually more powerful than today. the h-bomb is nothing compared to her summoning the energy of millions of stars and beating the nigh-omnipotent Trion

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@boob said:

@White Mage:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Ororo Munroe was actually more powerful than today. the h-bomb is nothing compared to her summoning the energy of millions of stars and beating the nigh-omnipotent Trion

Actually, she's still as powerful. She's just not in the same environments that cause for such displays of power.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Roddy010

@White Mage: .....Agreed :P

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@boob said:

@White Mage:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Actually, she's still as powerful. She's just not in the same environments that cause for such displays of power.

she was able to protect the whole earth from the solar flare. but she looked less powerful in adjectiveless x-men book.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Roddy010

@jhazzroucher: She doesn't have to pull high end feats every issue Jhazz....

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Roddy010 said:

@jhazzroucher: She doesn't have to pull high end feats every issue Jhazz....

but we haven't really had impressive feats from her for a while

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@boob said:

@White Mage:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

she was able to protect the whole earth from the solar flare. but she looked less powerful in adjectiveless x-men book.

It's important that you not forget the circumstances under which she was able to perform that feat

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@boob said:

@White Mage:
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

It's important that you not forget the circumstances under which she was able to perform that feat

amped right???

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.