Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Storm could make a H-Bomb?

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Can she? Does anyone have a scan. I heard many people say it and I became interested. I am quite a fan of Storm and I want to know. It was said that she extracted Hydrogen atoms from the atmosphere to make one. Also many people on this Storm forum are highly educated on Storm and all her abilities. So is Storm making a H-Bomb true?

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Crash_Recovery

...look...I know there are a lot of Storm fans here and that's great. ...but is Storm a nuclear scientist? Really?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Storm Calling

@King-Stranglehold da first:The feat remains unclear at this point because Dwayne McDuffie has since said that it's not what he had her perform in FF #545. I read his original description about what she had done back when the issue first came out in 2007 on the Reginald Hudlin forums(or at least I think it was there), and he did post that she performed "nuclear fission" by separating the stray hydrogen atoms that she had gathered around the Silver Surfer to create a hydrogen bomb attack on him. Someone asked him the question because it was a bit unclear exactly what she had done with the hydrogen atoms in the actual issue. However, in 2010 he changed what he described, or maybe he had forgotten, and said that she created a powerful lightning bolt instead.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By butterflykyss

I believe you are referencing these scans. I also believe Dewayne McDuffie confirmed she did create an H-bomb:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nova`Prime`

So besides being able to control weather she can now control nuclear fission?

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@Nova`Prime`: Apparently. After this, I don't want to hear any Storm devotees claiming Wolverine or Superman are overpowered.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By butterflykyss
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By butterflykyss

@Crash_Recovery said:

@Nova`Prime`: Apparently. After this, I don't want to hear any Storm devotees claiming Wolverine or Superman are overpowered.

See the aforementioned link.. Storm is not OVERpowered. If anything she is UNDERrated

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Thanks for clearing everything guys. :)

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@butterflykyss: Two different issues. One refers to ability and the other refers to perception.

I'd argue that Storm isn't underrated since everyone on Comic Vine seems to think she's the second coming.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@Crash_Recovery:

Hey I just heard it..

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By butterflykyss

@Crash_Recovery said:

@butterflykyss: Two different issues. One refers to ability and the other refers to perception.

I'd argue that Storm isn't underrated since everyone on Comic Vine seems to think she's the second coming.

No not at all my dear friend. I am refering to her abilities when I make this statement, and not her perception. Nova prime posed the question that she can control the weather and now can control nuclear fission, as if the latter is beyond her ability. Storm has been shown to manipulate elements on a molecular level with ease, and the mechanics behind nuclear fission wouldn't necessarily be outside of her powerset. Therefore, the question posed by the user demonstrates how Storm is underrated in relation to the use of her power.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@butterflykyss: I've read my fair share of X-Men books and I didn't have any indication that Storm's abilities worked in that way.

I'd say that your issue is less with readers and more with writers. It seems that Storm is typically depicted as being able to control the weather, not manipulate elements on a molecular level...since for the most part, she manipulates weather.

Were Storm more regularly depicted as being able to manipulate elements, she'd be more akin to Firestorm in terms of powerset.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Storm Calling

@Crash_Recovery said:

@butterflykyss: I've read my fair share of X-Men books and I didn't have any indication that Storm's abilities worked in that way.

I'd say that your issue is less with readers and more with writers. It seems that Storm is typically depicted as being able to control the weather, not manipulate elements on a molecular level...since for the most part, she manipulates weather.

Were Storm more regularly depicted as being able to manipulate elements, she'd be more akin to Firestorm in terms of powerset.

"Typically" doesn't mean that she can't do it at all though. There is an issue with writers but generally the depth of Storm's powers aren't well known to the majority of readers as well. It's more of a case that she typically holds back. What use would she have for an H-Bomb on Earth in her typical encounters? It would be far too destructive, especially when she can use something far more simple to disarm her opponents.

Impala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Impala

No. All lies she can't make a H-Bomb. Don't be fooled by the wild imagination of her fanboys.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

"Typically" doesn't mean that she can't do it at all though. There is an issue with writers but generally the depth of Storm's powers aren't well known to the majority of readers as well. It's more of a case that she typically holds back. What use would she have for an H-Bomb on Earth in her typical encounters? It would be far too destructive, especially when she can use something far more simple to disarm her opponents.

Thanks I agree with this..

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@Storm Calling: I don't have an issue with Storm or this being her power... I have more of an issue that if we're to claim that these mutations are the next stage of human evolution, then the only purpose mutants serve is to bring about the end of all life on earth.

An untrained child with those powers could crack the world in half.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nova`Prime`

@Impala said:

wild imagination of her fanboys.

I would extend this out to just about all the various fanboys of the various comics characters. Which is why there is only a handful of people I take serious on this site.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By butterflykyss

@Impala said:

No. All lies she can't make a H-Bomb. Don't be fooled by the wild imagination of her fanboys.

And how are they lies.. this is all within her powerset.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Storm Calling

@Crash_Recovery said:

@Storm Calling: I don't have an issue with Storm or this being her power... I have more of an issue that if we're to claim that these mutations are the next stage of human evolution, then the only purpose mutants serve is to bring about the end of all life on earth.

I find it a bit amusing that you would say that considering the fact that her powers have allowed for her to block solar flares that could have wiped out all life on the planet, stop hemisphere sized hurricanes, repair rifts in dimensional barriers and many other things that have allowed for her to save countless lives. Powers can bring both peace and destruction, and it can be a blessing or a curse. Many times it can be both.

A child can be responsible for many things, but if they have the right parents/teachers/people to guide them, they may end up using powers like these very wisely.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@Storm Calling:

A child can't be responsible for many things. Children are irresponsible...because they're children.

I have a 2 year old, she constantly is trying to kill herself. If she had the ability to transmute matter, most of the Northern hemisphere would be molten slag at this point.

There's a reason we don't allow people to drive until they're around 16.

Or vote until they're 18.

Or own a gun until they're 18.

Or purchase alcohol until they're 21.

I understand you love Storm, but this is about more than just her.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

I find it a bit amusing that you would say that considering the fact that her powers have allowed for her to block solar flares that could have wiped out all life on the planet, stop hemisphere sized hurricanes, repair rifts in dimensional barriers and many other things that have allowed for her to save countless lives. Powers can bring both peace and destruction, and it can be a blessing or a curse. Many times it can be both.

A child can be responsible for many things, but if they have the right parents/teachers/people to guide them, they may end up using powers like these very wisely.

And this so much applies to how Storm has demonstrated care and reservation in the use of her powers, unlike Magneto, Jean, etc.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@Crash_Recovery said:

This is a very moot post...Franklin Richards can blink everyone on Earth out of existence if he really wanted to.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Storm Calling

@Crash_Recovery said:

@Storm Calling:

A child can't be responsible for many things. Children are irresponsible...because they're children.

I have a 2 year old, she constantly is trying to kill herself. If she had the ability to transmute matter, most of the Northern hemisphere would be molten slag at this point.

There's a reason we don't allow people to drive until they're around 16.

Or vote until they're 18.

Or own a gun until they're 18.

Or purchase alcohol until they're 21.

I understand you love Storm, but this is about more than just her.

Not if Professor Xavier sensed her and evaluated her abilities, or if Bishop or Cable traveled back to the past to warn us. I think the main problem with this argument is that she wouldn't be the ONLY one in the world that can do something special like that. It's typically how super powers work in a superpowered world. If someone can do something powerful, then there is always someone else who has the power to stop them.

Yes, technically the child wouldn't be responsible; Therefore: People like the Government who restrict children from driving until they're 18, vote, or do alcohol will take responsibility to ensure that something like this wouldn't happen often. That's typically what Superheroes do and how the formula works.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Lets get back on topic...

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Storm Calling

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

And this so much applies to how Storm has demonstrated care and reservation in the use of her powers, unlike Magneto, Jean, etc.

Precisely, and it's why she can work well in a team or as a consistent hero. Her morals won't allow her to do the destructive things that are within her power to perform.

@King-Stranglehold da first said:

@Crash_Recovery said:

This is a very moot post...Franklin Richards can blink everyone on Earth out of existence if he really wanted to.

Excellent point.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@Storm Calling:

Thanks..

I can name atleast 10 Earth based characters that blasts are equal to a H-Bomb. H-Bomb type blasts aren't even that powerful in comics, many characters have survived them...Characters like Iron Man, Wolverine, Hulk,etc...But I don't think Storm can easily do it...I just heard she once used it and I know her powers aren't necessary limited to weather control, but I was just curious about her really making a H-Bomb..

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792

A top-tier weather witch does not need to be a nuclear scientist

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@White Mage said:

In the scan that butterflykyss posted it said something about Hydrogen, but I could barely read it...Do you have a clearer scan?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

In the scan that butterflykyss posted it said something about Hydrogen, but I could barely read it...Do you have a clearer scan?

let me see if i can find one.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By butterflykyss

This was best I could do lol

No Caption Provided
    BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@butterflykyss:

Thanks.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By butterflykyss

@butterflykyss:

Thanks.

No prob

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Okay the scan does say Storm was using Hydrogen...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Yes, she pulled free floating hydrogen atoms to her area of space, shaped them into a sphere aroung Norrin, and then ignited the hydrogen into a ball of flame. The writer (RIP...loved his work) confirmed that it was NOT an H-Bomb. I have the links to the sites where he made the posts to clarify if you would like to see it.

I think her cosmic weather manipulation is still a very cool and powerful ability, and is mostly unexplored. With her space weather manipulation she has drawn on the energy of stars, manipulated the solar wind for flight and defense, her lightning bolts are amped while in space, and she even formed lightning by using the electrons in Stardusts body. I would love for her space weather abiities to be explored more.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Yes, she pulled free floating hydrogen atoms to her area of space, shaped them into a sphere aroung Norrin, and then ignited the hydrogen into a ball of flame. The writer (RIP...loved his work) confirmed that it was NOT an H-Bomb. I have the links to the sites where he made the posts to clarify if you would like to see it.

I think her cosmic weather manipulation is still a very cool and powerful ability, and is mostly unexplored. With her space weather manipulation she has drawn on the energy of stars, manipulated the solar wind for flight and defense, her lightning bolts are amped while in space, and she even formed lightning by using the electrons in Stardusts body. I would love for her space weather abiities to be explored more.

Thanks for clearing this up man!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@King-Stranglehold da first: No problem. This question of the " Storm H-Bomb" created SO much drama on this site a few years back. While I wished it did happen that way I was just happy the writer confirmed what actually transpired. Love the avi by the way. Chica is gorgeous :-).

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@King-Stranglehold da first: No problem. This question of the " Storm H-Bomb" created SO much drama on this site a few years back. While I wished it did happen that way I was just happy the writer confirmed what actually transpired. Love the avi by the way. Chica is gorgeous :-).

How deadly can Atorms solar winds be? And thanks lol, the Chica in my avi is Rosa Acosta. :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

How deadly can Atorms solar winds be? And thanks lol, the Chica in my avi is Rosa Acosta. :)

Not sure TBH. I think it depends on the target. The solar wind contains radiation (and particles) that would easily kill normal humans if exposed (not sure which superhuman durability level can handle it), and she took out classic sentinel with a single blast of it.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Not sure TBH. I think it depends on the target. The solar wind contains radiation (and particles) that would easily kill normal humans if exposed (not sure which superhuman durability level can handle it), and she took out classic sentinel with a single blast of it.

I see...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@King-Stranglehold da first: @White Mage: @Storm Calling: @butterflykyss: Just to keep this thread interesting, since it speaks to a feat she performed in space, what cosmic weather manipulation would like to see Storm create? What do you think she is capable of? Geomagnetic storm? Solar Flare? Other planetary weather phenomena? Harness more than free-floating hydrogen atoms for more varied effects? More solar wind a la skrull's copying her powers and manipulating various wavelengths of radiation?

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

I don't even think he confirmed that she did that. He was just saying that she used the hydrogen to produce a lightning bolt in space, but I guess it would make sense that hydrogen would have been ignited from the attack. I still question whether or not he was being truthful with me though, especially considering he confirmed the electron rip'n shove feat which was IIRC in the very same post about the H-Bomb. I didn't want to put him on blast but I don't feel he wanted to confirm it because many of the posters were being hard-a**es in the thread about his scientific approach and he received alot of backlash for that run because of the arm bar.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@King-Stranglehold da first: @White Mage: @Storm Calling: @butterflykyss: Just to keep this thread interesting, since it speaks to a feat she performed in space, what cosmic weather manipulation would like to see Storm create? What do you think she is capable of? Geomagnetic storm? Solar Flare? Other planetary weather phenomena? Harness more than free-floating hydrogen atoms for more varied effects? More solar wind a la skrull's copying her powers and manipulating various wavelengths of radiation?

I don't know much about astronomy, so I couldn't tell you;. I would like to see her manipulating sprites or dark matter and gamma rays that have recently been discovered behind thunderstorms.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Solar Flare would be interesting...

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@TheAcidSkull said:

i have no clue...

I don't think she can...Many people here said she can't. I just heard many stuff about her making one and I got curious.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@TheAcidSkull said:

@TheAcidSkull said:

i have no clue...

I don't think she can...Many people here said she can't. I just heard many stuff about her making one and I got curious.

TBH i don't think she can either :P

Yeah.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#49  Edited By Markus_Langbourn

McDuffie also had Black Panther put the Surfer in an armlock. 

Storm can't create Hydrogen bombs. She controls the weather, not the molecules that make up specific weather patterns.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@Markus_Langbourn said:

McDuffie also had Black Panther put the Surfer in an armlock. Storm can't create Hydrogen bombs. She controls the weather, not the molecules that make up specific weather patterns.

That was the most PIS moment in comics. -__-

But I think its been said that Storms powers can go beyond weather control, but I don't believe she can make an H-Bomb...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.