Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

so shes uh...popular i geuss..

• 78 results
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By jhazzroucher

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@humanrocket said:

@the_titan_lord: I really never liked her in the animated series. I just really disliked how she has to say something long and boring before every weather manipulation.

OH MY GOD! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!! also @jhazzroucher i like how she made the instant tornado against the sentinels...

Storm in x-men tas was the best. We've seen a lot of her in x-men tas than in evolution. Storm in evolution was kinda boring.

that was because she was to powerful to be a teenager in that series , the others were shunned and feared because of their powers while she was WORSHIPPED , and that being said she mastered her powers at an early age unlike the others....

Storm in evolution is just kind of not really interesting. The way she looks is always the same most of the time, her costume doesn't have the iconic cape. Her hair doesn't look interesting. Her voice is monotonous.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I LOVED Evo Storm. TAS is still the top Storm for me but Evo was bad-a$$ as a Horseman of Apoc, her fight with Mystique, taking down Sabretooth, and her episode where she had to confront her past.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jhazzroucher

I LOVED Evo Storm. TAS is still the top Storm for me but Evo was bad-a$$ as a Horseman of Apoc, her fight with Mystique, taking down Sabretooth, and her episode where she had to confront her past.

You''re back! : )

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@humanrocket said:

@the_titan_lord: I really never liked her in the animated series. I just really disliked how she has to say something long and boring before every weather manipulation.

OH MY GOD! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!! also @jhazzroucher i like how she made the instant tornado against the sentinels...

Storm in x-men tas was the best. We've seen a lot of her in x-men tas than in evolution. Storm in evolution was kinda boring.

that was because she was to powerful to be a teenager in that series , the others were shunned and feared because of their powers while she was WORSHIPPED , and that being said she mastered her powers at an early age unlike the others....

Storm in evolution is just kind of not really interesting. The way she looks is always the same most of the time, her costume doesn't have the iconic cape. Her hair doesn't look interesting. Her voice is monotonous.

jhazz...

1) yeah like allllllll the others look the same way most of the time as well

2) ....she has a cape its just not attached to her wrist like all the others (i hated that dark uniform tho , it was originally white but they changed it)

3) a BLACK woman with NATURALLY WHITE AND STRAIGHT HAIR and you say its not interesting..i admit it could have used a few curls here and there but either way its still interesting

3) ...i LOVE that voice (storm and mystique were voiced by the same person...) mehh they kept with it right with the deep drag queen voice that shes suposed to have ...sooooo yeah they pretty much did everything right :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

you know i literally questioned mystique's sanity the entire series (i loved the rivalry they had) but then i figured mystique was on some good a$$ weed for having some seeeeeeeerrrrrrrrioooooooooousssssss beef with storm...X-men tas WAS EPICCCC my favourite episode was savage land savage heart...even though that episode compared to storm as a horseman was like a firefly to a lightbulb...evolution was FAR more destructive when she was out of control

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joygirl:

1. It matters a lot because during the time of her introduction she was one of the only few black female characters to play a pivotal role in comics. Storm along with other members of the second generation of X-men represent minorities of different races so it's no surprise Storm being a black female leader would spark interest in the character. To say that is irrelevant comes off ignorant.

2.Weather Wizard is a DC character and he does not utilize his powers the same way Storm. He also has never made any kind of impact especially to the sane degree as Storm. So that was a terrible comparison.

3. Only about 15 out of that 100 have been featured in as many games, comics and movies as Storm. No other female character in Marvel has her beat in appearances save IW.

The people in this thread are completely delirious if they say Storm being a black woman is irrelevant to her prominence in X-men and the MU as a whole. I know.this is what drew me to her along with her powerset. Being able to manipulate every form of energy that dictate weather cause for a very complex and grand array of abilities for her to tap into. The science behind them are defining. Her raw yet nuturing personality is the icing on the cake. I feel I can connect with her characters on so many levels mainly because of her lengthy history. Most reades connect with someone who has been through a lot and Storm has had more of her share of ups and downs.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010 said:

1. It matters a lot because during the time of her introduction she was one of the only few black female characters to play a pivotal role in comics. Storm along with other members of the second generation of X-men represent minorities of different races so it's no surprise Storm being a black female leader would spark interest in the character. To say that is irrelevant comes off ignorant.

2.Weather Wizard is a DC character and he does not utilize his powers the same way Storm. He also has never made any kind of impact especially to the sane degree as Storm. So that was a terrible comparison.

3. Only about 15 out of that 100 have been featured in as many games, comics and movies as Storm. No other female character in Marvel has her beat in appearances save IW.

The people in this thread are completely delirious if they say Storm being a black woman is irrelevant to her prominence in X-men and the MU as a whole. I know.this is what drew me to her along with her powerset. Being able to manipulate every form of energy that dictate weather cause for a very complex and grand array of abilities for her to tap into. The science behind them are defining. Her raw yet nuturing personality is the icing on the cake. I feel I can connect with her characters on so many levels mainly because of her lengthy history. Most reades connect with someone who has been through a lot and Storm has had more of her share of ups and downs.

Hence the reason why love your posts. Well said :-)! People can be pressed and try and down play Storm all they like. It changes nothing. All she has been able to do up to this point (35+ years later) proves everything you stated and then some, and only supports the potential that she still has.

@thunderbolt30 said:

you know i literally questioned mystique's sanity the entire series (i loved the rivalry they had) but then i figured mystique was on some good a$$ weed for having some seeeeeeeerrrrrrrrioooooooooousssssss beef with storm...X-men tas WAS EPICCCC my favourite episode was savage land savage heart...even though that episode compared to storm as a horseman was like a firefly to a lightbulb...evolution was FAR more destructive when she was out of control

Agreed. I loved Mystique in Evolution. She was intelligent and a cunning strategist throughout the show, and despite not being in Storm's power class she was no less of a threat.In comics it's always been my thought that Claremont intended Mystique to be Storm's foil, like Magneto was to Xavier/Cyclops, and I thought Evo touched on that quite nicely.

Storm vs Mystique in The Cauldron was definitely one of my favorite episodes for Evo, probably right behind her being a horseman, and my favorite episode for TAS is probably a 5-way tie a between Slave Island/Age of Apoc with Storm + Logan together/Storm's first encounter with Nimrod/Storm's first encounter with Omega Red/X-Men's final battle with Mastermold.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zijuun said:
    @jhazzroucher said:

She is a very interesting character.

1. She is a character of color. She's probably the most popular black character in comics.

2. She also has an interesting power/ability to control the weather. Wind , lightning, rain, etc.

3. She's always been used in comics, films, video games, etc

4. She's also probably the most known female character to be a leader.

You're getting all defensive. All I'm trying to say is personally I don't find her all that interesting. I can see that you clearly like her a lot because of your profile picture.

1. Sure, perhaps, but again I've seen a lot of african american characters that don't get a s much popularity. Black Panther, Luke Cage, John Stewart, etc. I can list much more.

2. Thor, Weather Wizard, Zeus, etc. Again, I can name millions. A very cliche power if you ask me.

3. Doesn't matter. Iceman can control ice and he's comics, films, etc. He's not THAT popular, now is he?

4. Maybe, perhaps.

I know this is 21 days old but this is what i dont get. OP posts a questions or something, someone posts a response and the OP either argues or says the response is defensive...they literally just posted answers in point form because every time someone gave a detailed answer the response was "i still dont see why...."

What about that point form was "getting all defensive" lol? It was direct and to the point....

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@w0nd: Exactly which is why I think this thread was made out of spite. The OP doesn't have a clue about the character and chose not to understand her appeal when someone gave he/she a direct answer. If they don't agree with Jhazz that`s fine but to call his post defensive is a bit ridiculous.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@humanrocket said:

jhazz...

2) ....she has a cape its just not attached to her wrist like all the others (i hated that dark uniform tho , it was originally white but they changed it)

3) a BLACK woman with NATURALLY WHITE AND STRAIGHT HAIR and you say its not interesting..i admit it could have used a few curls here and there but either way its still interesting

3) ...i LOVE that voice (storm and mystique were voiced by the same person...) mehh they kept with it right with the deep drag queen voice that shes suposed to have ...sooooo yeah they pretty much did everything right :)

1. What I mean is, in x-men tas, we see Storm in different facial expressions. In evolution, not that much cos she was always serious.

2. The iconic cape is one of the things that make Storm unique and recognizable.

3. Well, it didn't look as interesting as the white hair that she has in x-men tas... for me. : )

4. Storm's voice was more expressive in x-men tas.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@humanrocket said:

jhazz...

1. What I mean is, in x-men tas, we see Storm in different facial expressions. In evolution, not that much cos she was always serious.

2. The iconic cape is one of the things that make Storm unique and recognizable.

3. Well, it didn't look as interesting as the white hair that she has in x-men tas... for me. : )

1) not sure how to address that

2) HER CAPE WAS NOT ATTACHED TO HER WRIST LIKE THE OTHER CAPES SHE WEARS ( except in season 4)

3) .my previous post adressed this

4) not sure what you mean please expand on this

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@humanrocket said:

jhazz...

1) not sure how to address that

2) HER CAPE WAS NOT ATTACHED TO HER WRIST LIKE THE OTHER CAPES SHE WEARS ( except in season 4)

3) .my previous post adressed this

4) not sure what you mean please expand on this

1. She was more expressive like if she's angry, you will really see her angry. and we also see her wearing different clothes.

2I know that's why it makes her cape common and not interesting nor unique

3. ok

4. Her voice tone goes up and down, not monotonous.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher 1) i see what you mean

2) its still iconic regardless of its design because she is the only x-man that has a cape

3) good

4) okay :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher 1) i see what you mean

2) its still iconic regardless of its design because she is the only x-man that has a cape

3) good

4) okay :)

Magneto has a cape.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay I'm going to say this now but I think storm is overated and there really is no good reason as to why shes so popular probably all that exposer in x men but that's all

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jhazzroucher

Okay I'm going to say this now but I think storm is overated and there really is no good reason as to why shes so popular probably all that exposer in x men but that's all

She's popular because she's awesome!

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

To be honest, I don't see any appeal in Storm.

But to the OP, I see a lot of appeal in Harley Quinn.

Just personal preference

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i like storm foe who she is a mutant goddess with the power to control the weather & keep herself in control. Also i love her exotic beauty she has about her in looks & the way she acts.

No Caption Provided

i do hate the movie version of storm because she was underused & didn"t look like storm to me, plus Halle Berry's acting was poor.

they should have used a different Actress to play her.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By butterflykyss

Just personal preference

its fine.. there are enough people who DO see the appeal in the character that allows her to be Marvel's most recognizable and popular female character.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash said:

Just personal preference

its fine.. there are enough people who DO see the appeal in the character that allows her to be Marvel's most recognizable and popular female character.

Harley Quinn is an interesting character but Storm is obviously more popular by a thousand miles.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: it's not "obvious" and not by a "thousand miles." I do agree that Storm is more popular, as she's been around much longer and is more involved in comics. Also because she's a hero and Harley's a villain, so naturally Storm appears in more comics. But it's not THAT big a gap as you may think...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash said:

@jhazzroucher: it's not "obvious" and not by a "thousand miles." I do agree that Storm is more popular, as she's been around much longer and is more involved in comics. Also because she's a hero and Harley's a villain, so naturally Storm appears in more comics. But it's not THAT big a gap as you may think...

There is a big gap, but maybe not a thousand miles.

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By CheeseSticks

Storm is a lot less popular than she was before.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By batmannflash

@jhazzroucher: sorry, but I still disagree when you say that it's a large gap. Especially now. When she came out in Batman: The Animated Series, she shot to among one of the most popular female characters in comics. Then she got her own series, appears in the Arkham games, is the main character of Suicide Squad, and has her own solo series again. The different in number of threads on their own forums isn't even that great. Has Storm ever have a solo series before? I still think that Storm has more fans, but I don't think it's a large gap.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash said:

@jhazzroucher: sorry, but I still disagree when you say that it's a large gap. Especially now. When she came out in Batman: The Animated Series, she shot to among one of the most popular female characters in comics. Then she got her own series, appears in the Arkham games, is the main character of Suicide Squad, and has her own solo series again. The different in number of threads on their own forums isn't even that great. Has Storm ever have a solo series before? I still think that Storm has more fans, but I don't think it's a large gap.

There were thousands of threads deleted on this forum and the Storm fans find it strange why it only happened to the Storm forum.

Mini series only but Storm not getting her own ongoing while Harley has one, it's not really surprising for Harley to have one because almost all popular characters in DC get their own ongoing.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Yung ANcient One

you know i literally questioned mystique's sanity the entire series (i loved the rivalry they had) but then i figured mystique was on some good a$$ weed for having some seeeeeeeerrrrrrrrioooooooooousssssss beef with storm...

Some good 4$$ weed, makes you beef it with someone? Just weird for me is all...

Anyways...

I think Storm is a lil bit more popular than Harley... not way more popular even though I think she should be more popular. I am not a huge fan of villains being popular.. they're villains for crying out loud.

Buttah yeah... I'd love for Storm to get a ongoing as long as she gets a solid team and Marvel seriously wants to give her a push which will not happen until they get the movie rights back.

Instead of Marvel making X-Men animated movies (which I'm dying to see) or making a live action X-Men shows, Marvel wants to make a SHIELD live action show, Defenders on Netflix, and animated movies about Hulk, Iron Man, and brand new characters. *sigh*

( +)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By butterflykyss

I liked the animated series. It was what first introduced me to the Xmen and to Storm.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked the animated series. It was what first introduced me to the Xmen and to Storm.

That' s the series which introduced me to the x-men and to Storm.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.