Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Seriously, can Danielle Nicolet never voice Storm again?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

This chick has voiced Storm 3 effin' times.

1) I was rewatching the X-men anime-- and GOD HER VOICE ACTING IS DOWNTIGHT ABYSMAL. Worst voice acting ever award! Storm was kinda pathetic in this series as is-- we didn't need her to seal the deal with crap voice acting. Heck-- Emma's voice actress could have played Storm better.

2) In Lego Marvel. She was okay... but let's be honest. Lego Marvel is a joke game. Does this really count? She did a good job voicing Maria Hill though.

3) In Marvel's MMO she voiced Storm again. And honestly it was much better-- ALTHOUGH she still lacked the strong presence that voices a leader and one of the strongest characters not only in the X-men, but in all Marvel.

HOW DOES SHE KEEP LANDING ROLES FOR THE VOICE OF STORM!??? Where is Dawnn Lewis!??! (Her voice over in X-men Legends 2/ Marvel Ultimate Alliance) or Kristen Williamsem (X-men Evo) or Susan Dalian from Marvel vs Capcom 3??

HELP

Avatar image for pattilabellestormfan
    PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@poisonfleur: I play umvc3 just to hear Susan's voice. She was PERFECT to me. Dawnn lewis was a little too...blah for me. But Susan to me has all the qualities. I hear her voice in my head when I read the books lol. I just don't like Danielle voicing storm and idk why she replaced susan because it looked like susan was going to be the new "voice" for Storm like Steven Blum is for wolverine. We should write marvel demanding they bring susan back! We got the solo so we can do anything lmao!

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

The voice of everyone in all the marvel animes sucked.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, I just listened to some audio clips of her as Storm and I agree, she's doesn't fit Storm in the slightest.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Darn it.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

WHAT? Not true. Jean was perfect. Beast, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Black Widow I didn't have a problem with.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By kidchipotle
    Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

@teerack said:

WHAT? Not true. Jean was perfect. Beast, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Black Widow I didn't have a problem with.

You have really low voice acting standards.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@poisonfleur said:

@teerack said:

lol. :)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By poisonfleur

@teerack said:

@poisonfleur said:

@teerack said:

Umm.. 1. Wolverine in Wolverine was bad. Wolverine in X-men was good. 2. It's emo Cyclops, give him a break. But whoever voiced him in the motion comic for Astonishing was perfect. 3. Black Widow sounded just like Scarlett J's Black Widow from the movie-- in which she was based off of (thus the design.)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jhazzroucher

@teerack said:

@poisonfleur said:

@teerack said:

Umm.. 1. Wolverine in Wolverine was bad. Wolverine in X-men was good. 2. It's emo Cyclops, give him a break. But whoever voiced him in the motion comic for Astonishing was perfect. 3. Black Widow sounded just like Scarlett J's Black Widow from the movie-- in which she was based off of (thus the design.)

I didn't like Wolvie's voice in Pryde of the X-men but I love Storm's voice there as well as Kurt's.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@poisonfleur: She's actually a really talented voice actress just based on that clip from BTVA.com. Listen to the line "please, we have to find her." Notice the waver and emotional weight in her voice? She's a great voice actress, just a terrible miscast for Storm. Just because her voice doesn't fit Storm, doesn't mean she deserves the "worst voice acting ever award."

PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: agreed. She is very talented indeed. But she is a terrible miscast for storm.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pattilabellestormfan: @jaken7: Sorry-- but no. Anytime she does an previously established character: Storm or Shaundi-- She doesn't research her character and kind just makes it up as she goes. Heck sometimes her voice doesn't even match up with the animation as well as the other characters..

I can't. Saint's row even noticed how different she was and decided to parody themselves and make 2 seperate Shaundis because she was so different. Seriously-- I haven't heard one good voice over from her yet. She is OKAY at best & that's being generous, seeing as how previous voice actors have done better jobs playing the same characters she has played imo.

PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: you're talking about Danielle or Susan?

Danielle is bad (X-men Anime, Lego Marvel, Marvel MMO)

Susan is GREAT in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and good in Wolverine & the X-men. (But in her defense, Storm was horribly nerfed and watered down unlike her previous incarnations.)

PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#19 vance_astro  Moderator

I don't think she's that bad...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: Agreed. I want her on any project that has Storm in it. NO MORE DANIELLE!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.