Re; Storm's citizenship now that marriage is annulled.

#1 Posted by Paracelsus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that Storm's marriage to the Black Panther has been officially annulled( by the Panther God itself!) what is her citizenship status now?- is she just an American or does she have to be reapply for US citizenship( I am some what hazy as to the ins and out of US citizenship law- I remember reading that unless an American expressly intends to formally renounce his/her citizenship, he she expressly retains it)?

Terry

#2 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I think she has American citizenship, especially since she "cooperated" with the Avengers. She also had dual citizenship because of her marriage, but was almost forced to register with the government because of the fact that she was born in America.

#3 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

I think she has American citizenship, especially since she "cooperated" with the Avengers. She also had dual citizenship because of her marriage, but was almost forced to register with the government because of the fact that she was born in America.

Shouldn't she also have dual egyptian citizenship since her parents moved to and lived in Cairo for 5 years?

#4 Posted by windcaster (227 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget about the 14th admendment.

#5 Edited by Teerack (4543 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is considered an enemy of the state as well as all the other x-men.

#6 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

Shouldn't she also have dual egyptian citizenship since her parents moved to and lived in Cairo for 5 years?

...................................I just say she goes where she wants, and considers herself Kenyan.lol

#7 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

...................................I just say she goes where she wants, and considers herself Kenyan.lol

Lol....that makes sense. I rememer what she did to poor Sunfire when he was telling her to get out of Japan.

#8 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (8962 posts) - - Show Bio

@Paracelsus: Cool avi. Who is it?

#9 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

Lol....that makes sense. I rememer what she did to poor Sunfire when he was telling her to get out of Japan.

Temporary stare..........then beat the living hell out of him.lol

#10 Posted by PassionFlower (944 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

indeed.

#11 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

Story is considered an enemy of the state as well as all the other x-men.

This.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.