Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Post yout favorite(positive) Storm Moments on Marvel Adventures

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

Here is one of my favorites. : )

No Caption Provided
    butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By butterflykyss

didnt read it

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

didnt read it

If I made a "Favorite moments from Weapon X Exiles Storm" thread, several people wouldn't know of that either.

This is the type of idea that I don't think should've been a separate thread.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

didnt read it

If I made a "Favorite moments from Weapon X Exiles Storm" thread, several people wouldn't know of that either.

ummm.. i think i see your point here lol

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By butterflykyss

ooooh ooh though i didn't read it i recall a scan from this series where she was able to keep an teleportation portal open with her powers. i thought that was pretty creative.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

ooooh ooh though i didn't read it i recall a scan from this series where she was able to keep an teleportation portal open with her powers. i thought that was pretty creative.

That series is essentially (powers wise) how her time with the Avengers SHOULD have gone.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

didnt read it

It'd at least be different if it was Ultimate Storm.lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

didnt read it

I believe Storm in marvel adventures should have a separate thread. period. hehehe

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

didnt read it

I believe Storm in marvel adventures should have a separate thread. period. hehehe

Of course you do "period". You always do "period". Because it's Storm "Period". More threads don't equal more love..."PERIOD"

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

didnt read it

Of course you do "period". You always do "period". Because it's Storm "Period". More threads don't equal more love..."PERIOD"

BUWAHAHAHAHA. : )

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

That series is essentially (powers wise) how her time with the Avengers SHOULD have gone.

You know I kinda thought it would be similar to that.. from the scans I have seen of her in this book she seemed like she had a purpose and was a vital member.... with the "he that shall not be named" avengers, i absolutely saw no point to her being on the team.. it was utterly dreadful

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

Fully agreed, it's ashamed Bendis didn't take note with this series. Storm made impact, and LOT of it!

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

Fully agreed, it's a shame Bendis didn't take note with this series. Storm made impact, and LOT of it!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

You know I kinda thought it would be similar to that.. from the scans I have seen of her in this book she seemed like she had a purpose and was a vital member.... with the "he that shall not be named" avengers, i absolutely saw no point to her being on the team.. it was utterly dreadful

She had a voice, she had her powers on point, and she fit in with everyone, despite the fact that she had vast power within her. This series is part of the reason why I was so disgusted with her portrayal in the real series. She was SOMEONE in this series.......Shameful

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

She had a voice, she had her powers on point, and she fit in with everyone, despite the fact that she had vast power within her. This series is part of the reason why I was so disgusted with her portrayal in the real series. She was SOMEONE in this series.......Shameful

yea.. it was a waste.. sad but true... oh well.. we got some good stuff to look forward to in the months to come

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

I think it really was the reason Bendis run was such a huge disappointment. People had the chance to see the potential and he utterly destroys the opportunity.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jhazzroucher

@butterflykyss said:

and impressive. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling: I remember she countered electro....that was cool......I love it when her powers come across as "witchy".

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

Fully agreed, it's a shame Bendis didn't take note with this series. Storm made impact, and LOT of it!

Thank You! I couldn't really get into this title because the stories were just to "kiddie" for me, but Storm was portrayed AWESOMELY in this book. I don't recall who wrote it but he definitely had a love for Storm. Another wirter I would like to see to come back to Storm again is Scott Gray. He wrote he in Uncanny X-Men First Class and had a great take on her character and her powers.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

Thank You! I couldn't really get into this title because the stories were just to "kiddie" for me, but Storm was portrayed AWESOMELY in this book. I don't recall who wrote it but he definitely had a love for Storm. Another wirter I would like to see to come back to Storm again is Scott Gray. He wrote he in Uncanny X-Men First Class and had a great take on her character and her powers.

I still am kinda shocked that that first class is canon.lol

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Storm Calling

@White Mage: @THUNDERBOLT30: Agreed about the kiddie part, that was the main reason I stopped. I also like that Storm considered her and Cap equal in leadership. It was an excellent way to demonstrate that the X-men are lead at the same caliber as the Avengers.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@White Mage said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

I still am kinda shocked that that first class is canon.lol

Agreed. I initally that that it wasn't(mainly because of the Knights of Kykon story arc and how that related to the Phoenix Force coming to Jean) until the writer confirmed that it was in his CBR interview. He gave Ororo and Jean some love in that book (and Misty Knight & Colleen Wing).

@Storm Calling said:

@White Mage: @THUNDERBOLT30: Agreed about the kiddie part, that was the main reason I stopped. I also like that Storm considered her and Cap equal in leadership. It was an excellent way to demonstrate that the X-men are lead at the same caliber as the Avengers.

Agreed. Part of me always feels like the general consensus about the "top" leadership credit only goes to Captain America, and the Avengers being the super-heroism "measuring stick", and doesn't factor in characters who have proven to be equally strong like Storm, Cyclops and Magneto in the x-verse, or Nick Fury or Songbird in the general MU verse.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling said:

If only this could be demonstrated in books that are canon :( ...

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

I feel that her new look/rank will change that.......................It's always terrible when being the headmistress of a school gets you more recognition than being the Queen of a country..............

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

I feel that her new look/rank will change that.......................It's always terrible when being the headmistress of a school gets you more recognition than being the Queen of a country..............

I know makes no d&mn sense but I have my theories as to why that is the case. But what can you do..

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

Agreed. I am hoping Wood and Humphries will do this for us. Jason Aaron's Storm in WatX is starting to demonstrate this pretty damn well. Her inspiring conversation with Wolverine to REALLY help the kids at the school and to stop holding back is sure sign of the inspiring and confident leadership we have seen from her in the 80's, the 90's when she lead the Gold team, after Scott and Jean took a leave from the X-Men, and when she took her splinter group and formed the XXM team.

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

Soooo true. Her role as Queen of Wakanda should have been given more significance when she had it. It's obvious facts like these that show that Marvel put that title in hands of the wrong writer. I am hoping Storm's role as Headmistress is given enough attention so that's level of importance is readily conveyed and doesn't come off too "figure headish".

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Storm Calling

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

It's been done in the past, the X-men just need time to build back it's prominence in the MU before it'll happen. Hopefully the new X-films can rebuild their popularity and put them back on top. They've been pushing Avengers so hard it almost makes me sick. The X-men worked perfectly as a formula, why not keep pushing both and stop making them clash so much? They can both be equally as great if enough focus is given to it.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By butterflykyss

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

Agreed. I am hoping Wood and Humphries will do this for us. Jason Aaron's Storm in WatX is starting to demonstrate this pretty damn well. Her inspiring conversation with Wolverine to REALLY help the kids at the school and to stop holding back is sure sign of the inspiring and confident leadership we have seen from her in the 80's, the 90's when she lead the Gold team, after Scott and Jean took a leave from the X-Men, and when she took her splinter group and formed the XXM team.

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

Soooo true. Her role as Queen of Wakanda should have been given more significance when she had it. It's obvious facts like these that show that Marvel put that title in hands of the wrong writer. I am hoping Storm's role as Headmistress is given enough attention so that's level of importance is readily conveyed and doesn't come off too "figure headish".

Agree with everything you said here thunder. I didn't really respect the awesomeness that was Storm during the 90s when she lead the gold strike team.. I was more of a Psylocke junkie.. but going back to that time now I very much appreciate it. Very hopeful and optimistic we will see her ascension back to this level of leadership.

@Storm Calling said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

It's been done in the past, the X-men just need time to build back it's prominence in the MU before it'll happen. Hopefully the new X-films can rebuild their popularity and put them back on top. They've been pushing Avengers so hard it almost makes me sick. The X-men worked perfectly as a formula, why not keep pushing both and stop making them clash so much? They can both be equally as great if enough focus is given to it.

Well I understand why they are pushing the Avengers.. it makes more sense to have two cash-cow sources as opposed to one (with the xmen), but they shouldn't do this at the expense of another group. I think, with the movies at least, it makes it harder for Marvel to push the Xmen as they would like because they don't own those rights. However, I do agree that both could be equally be great if the effort to make them as such was done properly.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Storm Calling

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

Well I understand why they are pushing the Avengers.. it makes more sense to have two cash-cow sources as opposed to one (with the xmen), but they shouldn't do this at the expense of another group. I think, with the movies at least, it makes it harder for Marvel to push the Xmen as they would like because they don't own those rights. However, I do agree that both could be equally be great if the effort to make them as such was done properly.

This is actually a really good point and I agree overall with the rest of your post. Maybe after the rights revert back to Marvel, we'll see the X-men pushed again.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Storm Calling said:

This is actually a really good point and I agree overall with the rest of your post. Maybe after the rights revert back to Marvel, we'll see the X-men pushed again.

indeed... do you know when marvel is expected to regains rights to the xmen films??

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Storm Calling

@butterflykyss: Not entirely sure, I heard it was around 2019 or something like that. lol

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@butterflykyss: Not entirely sure, I heard it was around 2019 or something like that. lol

O.O'...............

Even though I did LOVE the Avnegers movies....I NEED MY X-MEN!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jhazzroucher

Imagine, Captain America and Storm pairing

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

...................................It's gonna take me being in my freakin LATE 20'S for them to get their rights back?.................DOFP better be HELLA good............

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PassionFlower

@jhazzroucher said:

No.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@PassionFlower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

No.

Mmhmm

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@PassionFlower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

No.

QFT...I just don't see it.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jhazzroucher

I can though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.