Ororo's wardrobe

• 155 results
#1 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay-- This is one of those topics for hardcore Storm fans.

Lately, I have noticed Storm has only been in her superhero costume for a while now.

I remember she used to have tons of nice and ..unique casual attire.

It seems the artist's don't draw her in regular clothes anymore (from what I have seen)

And that's okay considering-- Ororo's character and superhero wardrobe change drastically, so it may be difficult.

And it's hard to find consistent outfits unlike for characters such as Wolverine, Emma and Kitty.

I mean what is Ororo's wardrobe? Tribal? Regal? Punk/Street clothes? Dolce and Gabbana? lol

In here post your favorite casual outfits Storm has worn out of typical x-costume.

#2 Edited by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio
I have no idea if this is a costume or one of Ororo's casual outfits. I am going to categorize it as a casual. Imo, (as half of you know already) this is one of Storm's hottest looks eva~ (The hips are a little Aeon Flux looking, but everything else is Flawless)
#3 Posted by Lord Shiva (798 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always liked this look.....heck it up to MAD's artwork.

#4 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't have a favorite look per se and honestly I like her not having a specific uniform I like her varying it up but anything is better than the cut out bikini.

#5 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm's costume changes all the time so I assume she just wears that these days. However she was in her PJ's during Fraction's final days as writer of Uncanny.

#6 Posted by tupiaz (2240 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7306 posts) - - Show Bio

Doesn't really matter if Ororo doesn't wear casual clothes as often these days, every day for her is a strip taken out of New York's Fashion Week. She shuts sh*t down wherever she goes.

Her Uncanny X-Force costume is a bold testament to that.

But i absolutely LOVED these outfits </3.

Dressing to kill a n*g--nvm.
She could have been so happy here
Boss.

She is Victoria's Secret.

#8 Edited by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

I kinda like this because it reminds me of Jade from mortal kombat. Pretty art too.@tupiaz said:

This one is always a classic look for Storm

@AgeofHurricane: @ 'she IS Victoria's Secret.' If Victoria can keep a secret, so can you. lol

#9 Posted by antemiusenteri (241 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by antemiusenteri (241 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri: Those aren't really looks she has worn in comics, "the second one is kinda" also the artist of the second is a user here.

Lol look at you having your art all over the place

#12 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea-- some of these are more x-costumes. I still want to see more regular clothes Ororo wears-- kinda like how she does in the ultimate universe now.

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by antemiusenteri (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I don't mean to take credit for anything i own nothing , but i have a deviant art account and i collect all the stuff that i think is cool and i just wanted to share those with you guys , I love the first one with Thor the water painter is so good and that outfit , if its not in the comics it should be

#15 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri: Oh yeah I love fan art, I post some on the discussion thread from time to time. I have a tumblr so I see alot of really good art for Storm and other characters

I do believe this was during X-23's series.

#16 Posted by Storm Calling (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@antemiusenteri: Oh yeah I love fan art, I post some on the discussion thread from time to time. I have a tumblr so I see alot of really good art for Storm and other characters

I do believe this was during X-23's series.

I loved this, it was nice seeing Ororo connect with Laura and grieve to her about Kurt. Many people missed it and assumed that it had been forgotten.

#17 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

LOVED. THIS LOOK. Madureira's art is one of my faves but this design, not sure if it was Lobdell's deisgn, but he wrote the hell out of Storm in this story.

#19 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: @Blood1991: Wow-- The scene is just as hot as her outfit. I wish I could read the rest, but it shows up too tiny on my computer. I had no idea Storm grieved for Kurt like this. It's touching. And the dress fits the scene too. <3 it

#20 Posted by redhairedphish (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri said:

Hey, nice! I drew that. Do you have it favorited on dA? Lemme know! It was based on another deviant's drawing :)

Lol, dude. Didn't realize how much attention I was getting. Dang, I should seriously be on here more often haha! Good thing I started watermarking everything >.>

Since I can't post twice in a row (I really want to quote that image), I love anything that Will Conrad draws. His Storm is definitely up there for me. For X-23, he put her in a dress that actually looks like something one can find in a retail store, and not just a strapless tube dress that was dreamed up by some fanboy (as most out-of-costume wardrobes look like).

#21 Edited by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio
Too much? OKAY-- But Frenzy's and Oya's outfits are AMAZING!
#22 Posted by antemiusenteri (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhairedphish:

I do have it Favorited on DA my username there is the same as here , but i don't have any art can't draw for Sh*t.

#23 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: I do like that look on Storm.

#24 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

Yea- Wouldn't it be cool if the x-men were a bit more fashionable like this? I would love to see the impact it would have- visually speaking.

#25 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3617 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

Not too much at all. This is a really hot take on them. Who is the lady on the far right?

#26 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@poisonfleur said:

Not too much at all. This is a really hot take on them. Who is the lady on the far right?

None other than Psylocke!! :D

Oya, Storm, Frenzy, and Psylocke.

I actually would dig this as a team..

maybe add pixie or rachel to the mix? lol

#27 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

Add Pixie and I'd buy that team.

#28 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@PassionFlower said:

Yea- Wouldn't it be cool if the x-men were a bit more fashionable like this? I would love to see the impact it would have- visually speaking.

They'd all have a stronger desire to NOT get knocked out....that ish is EXPENSIVE

#29 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@PassionFlower said:

They'd all have a stronger desire to NOT get knocked out....that ish is EXPENSIVE

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I almost fell out of my chair laughing that was so d@mn funny!!! By that logic, Storm should have dressed like this in Wolverine and the X-men... Maybe then she wouldn't have gotten knocked out every other episode....

@PassionFlower said:

Add Pixie and I'd buy that team.

Yes that team would be HOT! But as awkwardly racist (?) as this may sound, it lacks a white woman on the team. And 5 is a better number than 4. Pixie would so fill that void. Although I like Rachel too... awwhh-- maybe add them both? XD

That would be the hottest X-women team ever-- AND it doesn't have Emma Frost in it! LMAO Say What!?

#30 Posted by redhairedphish (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@poisonfleur said:

That would be incorrect. The lady on the far right is M. The original artwork can be found here, here, and here (on the artist's deviantArt, blogspot, and tumblr respectively). And the artist's name is KEVIN WADA.

It's a great piece of fanart, Kevin always does amazing work (especially with superheroes in fashion outfits). But guys, PLEASE, try to cite your artist. OR, in the very least, the web page you got it from so it can be corrected.

#31 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

@redhairedphish said:

@poisonfleur said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@poisonfleur said:

That would be incorrect. The lady on the far right is M. The original artwork can be found here, here, and here (on the artist's deviantArt, blogspot, and tumblr respectively). And the artist's name is KEVIN WADA.

It's a great piece of fanart, Kevin always does amazing work (especially with superheroes in fashion outfits). But guys, PLEASE, try to cite your artist. OR, in the very least, the web page you got it from so it can be corrected.

Omg-- I guess that is M.. I just assumed M would have been darker.. and maybe an outfit that is a bit more similar to her character. Easy mistake Kevin is great btw-- I know I have seen his art ALL over the net.

#32 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

I know she doesn't run in the same circles but I would swap out Frenzy for Monet St Croix.

#33 Posted by antemiusenteri (241 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: How does that look like Psylock? and M is from Algeria people from that part of Africa have a lighter skin tone and If the picture shows Oya, Storm and frenzy chances are the 4th person is also going to be black

#34 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri said:

@poisonfleur: How does that look like Psylock? and M is from Algeria people from that part of Africa have a lighter skin tone and If the picture shows Oya, Storm and frenzy chances are the 4th person is also going to be black

Honestly, M wasn't on my mind. I haven't read a story featuring M in years-- and what I do remember of her is that her skin tone was closer to mine than to how she is portrayed this picture. (Regardless-- it still looks great.)

When I look at this picture I see Psylocke. The long dark hair, the skin tone could be considered Asian as well. Also her outfit is blue, purplish, and redish-- All colors that fit Psylocke's color scheme. A theme in the picture seems to be fashionable outfits using the color schemes of each character's costumes (Storm- White, Oya- Orange & Blue, Frenzy- Black & Blue). Another thing that made me think this was Psylocke was the boots-- it reminds me of a fashionista re-imagination of version of Psylocke's boots 616. Imo, I see more similarities between Psylcoke than I do M. But it's cool-- I like them both.

And just because the other 3 are black women doesn't mean anything. lol I've seen Tons of pictures where skin colors don't play a factor.

#35 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lord Shiva said:

yeah, this look was brief lived, but I like how it married her punk sensibility with a more regal look. very nice. HOWEVER, though this was probably JoMad's strongest period (in my opinion), THAT outfit was actually designed by John Romita Jr., an issue or two earlier.

#36 Posted by jhazzroucher (16386 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this Storm wardrobe. : )

#37 Posted by Roddy010 (5376 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of Magna Storm. But I do love Ultimate Storm's costume...

#38 Posted by poisonfleur (3107 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

I would actually like it if Hope wore that costume that Jean(?) is wearing behind her.

@Roddy010: Don't forget about those amazing character designs after she cut her hair. <3 <3 <3

#39 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

This is so cute!!! Jhazz where have u been??? I've missed u don't be gone for so long ok :)

#40 Posted by Roddy010 (5376 posts) - - Show Bio

CyStorm

#41 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: Can't see it :-(...

#42 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: I liked ultimate storm's original x-costume too. I loved Wood's change in her look, especially in this scene.

As the Reservation X story progresses I hope she goes back to this look with a long mohawk and heels :-P!

#43 Posted by Roddy010 (5376 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yes loved that Costume and hair. The true definition of badassery. Here's that image. I don't know why none of my images are working.

#44 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010: Ah nice :-)! Red lightning for the win.

#45 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30: Yes loved that Costume and hair. The true definition of badassery. Here's that image. I don't know why none of my images are working.

Looks a little Psylocke-like power set wise. I like the look.

#46 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3617 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@PassionFlower said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I don't like dreadlocks, but here is an interesting bit of concept art. an artist named Shane McDermott designed it. You can read some of his design philosophy and ideas for it here: http://superherococo.blogspot.com/2010/09/shane-mcdermotts-storm.html

I can live with the hair but the outfit...no.

hahahhaha thats funny.. and yes the outfit makes her look out of shape and stinky.. lol

:

#49 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

HOT!!!

#50 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@PassionFlower said:

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I don't like dreadlocks, but here is an interesting bit of concept art. an artist named Shane McDermott designed it. You can read some of his design philosophy and ideas for it here: http://superherococo.blogspot.com/2010/09/shane-mcdermotts-storm.html

I can live with the hair but the outfit...no.

hahahhaha thats funny.. and yes the outfit makes her look out of shape and stinky.. lol

:

Lol I was thinking it made her look like she had too much lunch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.