Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10181 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Opportunities For Storm to Access Mystic Heritage

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's been debated whether or not Storm should develop her mystical side and delve into her rather extensive mystical heritage. With that in mind, what would be some legitimately reasonable opportunities to really have the arcane aspect of Ororo's powers to be explored and utilized?

Ultra_beleco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ultra_beleco

I think that if Marvel ever tries a Storm' ongoing this should be the plot of the first arc.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that would be a fantastic event. I also think that the latest Magik Dormammu Saga developing in the Wake of the Phoenix Five debacle, that it could be a first opportunity to bring in major characters like Oshtur as a result an opportunity for Storm's mystical lineage to be deeply explored.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think it would be something to do with the role of high priestesses and that somebody or Scarlet Witch will help Agatha and Storm to develop their mystic powers in order to defeat an evil sorcerer/sorceress.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was this aspect never used in the Fear Itself Story Arc?

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Probably best if a demon/evil sorcerer tried to use her body as a catalyst in some sort of spell because of her mystic heritage.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Peerless1

@westy206: Indeed. A Shadow King like attack by a mystic. Who Mordred, Amora, a Wakandan mystic, Magik? Hmmm . . . .

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Belasco coming back to destroy her?

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Belasco would be a great blast from the past--or blast from an alternate timeline since Marvel is in love with that these days.

I also like the idea of Wanda and Storm having some interaction. They have hardly ever been on the same panel together though both share the "High Priestess" role of their era. It's amazing that they have never even exchanged four sentences.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Belasco would be a great blast from the past--or blast from an alternate timeline since Marvel is in love with that these days.

I also like the idea of Wanda and Storm having some interaction. They have hardly ever been on the same panel together though both share the "High Priestess" role of their era. It's amazing that they have never even exchanged four sentences.

Indeed. I'd love to see Scarlet and Storm getting along with each other while Rogue isn't happy about it. : )

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Belasco coming back for her would be cool since he talk Limbo Ororo black magic. I also like the idea of Wanda since she, Agatha Harkness, and Storm split the high Priestess Marvel tarot card equally. Or seeing a story with Ainet, who initially trained Storm in the use of her powers and is herself a witch, tell Storm about her matrilineal side's royal bloodline and magic, their connection to Oshtur and Gaea, and then teach Ororo and allow to access the magical abilities and knowledge of her bloodline.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1 said:

Belasco coming back for her would be cool since he talk Limbo Ororo black magic. I also like the idea of Wanda since she, Agatha Harkness, and Storm split the high Priestess Marvel tarot card equally. Or seeing a story with Ainet, who initially trained Storm in the use of her powers and is herself a witch, tell Storm about her matrilineal side's royal bloodline and magic, their connection to Oshtur and Gaea, and then teach Ororo and allow to access the magical abilities and knowledge of her bloodline.

Indeed. BUt I don't think Marvel is really interested to go for that. There was a time/event about who will be the next sorcerer supreme and they didn't even tried to put the three high priestesses together.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: if storm gained magical abilities, do you think she can be powerful characters, such as Magneto, thor, jean grey...blablalbla?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30: if storm gained magical abilities, do you think she can be powerful characters, such as Magneto, thor, jean grey...blablalbla?

If Storm was a villain then yes~!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: yes whether she was good or evil. Her mystical lineage includes a sorceress supreme so she could have exceptionally powerful magic potential that would put her well beyond Magneto and very likely Thor as well. that would compare to a PF powered Jean I am not sure.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By abaldo

i really wonder what abilities and powers she would have

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ItsDaveyJ

I personally think Storm would naturally align herself with mainly white magics typically associated with nature, spirits, healing, etc. She already wields immense destructive force... I think those sorts of magic would help balance her out while not making her overpowered. I would really like for part of her magic to be tied with spirits and the like. She seems like she could thrive in imaginative spiritual domains. Plus this would allow her to have some solo adventures while still being with the X-men as going into other realms and spirit worlds don't necessarily require her to be physically absent.

Part of me is admittedly inspired from the Avatar/Korra shows though xD Hey I mean come on... she is master of the elements!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@itsdaveyj: nice. I like this idea. I tend to not consider the spiritual side that is often associated with magic, and I definitely see spirituality and harmonic balance being an area of interest for Ororo.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really don't want to become a mini Jean Grey. Enough users have expressed how OP she can be. I think she's just fine but if they do decide to upgrade her... I'll welcome change, even if I am not a fan at first.

(+)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jhazzroucher

I really don't want to become a mini Jean Grey. Enough users have expressed how OP she can be. I think she's just fine but if they do decide to upgrade her... I'll welcome change, even if I am not a fan at first.

(+)

I'd like her to use magic but just little magic. I prefer Storm to be more powerful with manipulating the lements.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By abaldo

i think the new X-Men issue #12, has an opportunity for Storm to access her mystical power (likely), because they are versing EXtremely powerful witches, (enchantress, selene...)

dont know, just a thought.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jhazzroucher

@abaldo said:

i think the new X-Men issue #12, has an opportunity for Storm to access her mystical power (likely), because they are versing EXtremely powerful witches, (enchantress, selene...)

dont know, just a thought.

Indeed. Hope Storm's magic shows up.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Peerless1

@jhazzroucher: So when could the Mystic Storm show up in the solo? If Greg Pak leaves this out, then he clearly misses a significant part of the Storm mythos and development.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: So when could the Mystic Storm show up in the solo? If Greg Pak leaves this out, then he clearly misses a significant part of the Storm mythos and development.

We haven't been given a clue. All questions regarding her connection to magic were not answered by Pak.

So I think, there won't be stories about it within 12 issues. If Storm's ongoing solo will exceed beyond 12 issues, then Pak might already consider.

PeerlessOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So according to issue #9, Storm's "sensitivity" to magic is mentioned. Could this be a bit of foreshadowing?

How about this? She can only use her magic when her mutant powers are blocked/inhibited. She would be a neophyte with magic use, therefore, she can only access simple spells that were largely protective (cloaking, simple healing, minor hex disruption, maybe mild stunning effects)--that way she would be "overpowered" and we could link it to her growing character development.

It could happen. #wishfulthinking

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So according to issue #9, Storm's "sensitivity" to magic is mentioned. Could this be a bit of foreshadowing?

How about this? She can only use her magic when her mutant powers are blocked/inhibited. She would be a neophyte with magic use, therefore, she can only access simple spells that were largely protective (cloaking, simple healing, minor hex disruption, maybe mild stunning effects)--that way she would be "overpowered" and we could link it to her growing character development.

No. I want her to be able to use magic while still having her mutant powers. I think immunity to magic and magic awareness would be enough for Storm. :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved that Pak remembered her sensitivity to magic. This makes the 3rd time on panel I believe. I prefer to see her elemental powers continue to be explored over her latent magic, but I love that Pak nodded to Storm's connection to magic. Part of me would not mind, seeing so many versions of Storm coming up during Secret Wars, to see a version of Ororo that has fully developed her magical abilities.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jhazzroucher

@peerless1 said:

Why was this aspect never used in the Fear Itself Story Arc?

I think it would be more appropriate if Storm's connection to magic was used when there was a story about who would be the next Sorcerer Supreme

No Caption Provided

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO MAGIC!!!!!! NO I don't like storm using magic. I want her to explore more into her cosmic self. Ugh I hate magic such a cheating power ;(

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO MAGIC!!!!!! NO I don't like storm using magic. I want her to explore more into her cosmic self. Ugh I hate magic such a cheating power ;(

Haha I never thought about ti that but yeah...it really is.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a little magic. But yeah I guess I prefer Storm using her elemental powers to dispel, destroy magic rather than being immune to magic. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.