Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Kymera's decision

• 58 results
    XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By XxeroOne

Since storm's "daughter" decided to stay in the past, how do you all think this will affect Black Panther and Storm's relationship? (I personally dislike the Black Panther and Storm relationship because it stole her from all the good x-men action) Will Kymera's presence in the past make Storm vulnerable since it's instinct for Mother's to look out for their children?

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jhazzroucher

I hope Kymera stays with the Jean Grey school.

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By blkson

@jhazzroucher: If she joins I hope she doesn't get written by Jason Aaron -- yeah, Kymera joining the school makes sense, but in terms of where she should be featured, I think she'd be better off trailing her mother over in Wood's X-men. Not liking Aaron anywhere near Storm

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GrenadeFlow

Keep her with storm and don't involve BP with this rubbish

blkson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By blkson

@limitlesspower said:

Since storm's "daughter" decided to stay in the past, how do you all think this will affect Black Panther and Storm's relationship? (I personally dislike the Black Panther and Storm relationship because it stole her from all the good x-men action) Will Kymera's presence in the past make Storm vulnerable since it's instinct for Mother's to look out for their children?

Storm being with BP shouldn't have removed her from the Xverse in the first place. Don't blame or use that horrible decisions to hate the parring of these two characters. Storm not having any kind of real prominence in the Xbooks during her marriage falls solely on Marvel and the X office.

I think Marvel and the X office realize how horrible they depicted this marriage and will attempt to use this future child as a means to take another swing at the Storm/BP parring and possibly get it right.

or they could continue to bring both Storm and T'Challa down with some kind of baby-daddy/baby momma mess.

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blkson said:

Storm being with BP shouldn't have removed her from the Xverse in the first place. Don't blame or use that horrible decisions to hate the parring of these two characters.Storm not having any kind of real prominence in the Xbooks during her marriage falls solely on Marvel and the X office.

I think Marvel and the X office realize how horrible they depicted this marriage and will attempt to use this future child as a means to take another swing at the Storm/BP parring and possibly get it right.

or they could continue to bring both Storm and T'Challa down with some kind of baby-daddy/baby momma mess.

Especially when it was the X-office who kept non X-writers out-of-the-loop and in the dark. Like David Liss who (semi-recently went on record stating that he) kept playing catch-up, because the X-office decided to do things with Storm without telling him. When he wanted to do things with her and BP together. This was in addition to the X-office flat out denying him and other writers like Johnathan Hickman, from putting her and BP together in the same book. Which was odd, because...you know....they were married....and married people kinda spend time together.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Oh, I thought this one was about Namorita. My bad.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By poisonfleur

I knew she would stay!
    If Scott can date Emma during Rachel's life in this timeline.

The Same goes for Storm & Wolverine with Kymera.

Nobody-- NOBODY wants to see Storm and Bp together again... Ughh Storm never felt more like a token then back then.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I am open to the potential this could offer Storm in terms of her development. I'm curious to know who the father is (may not be Black Panther....unless that was confirmed somewhere...?), what kind of potential relationship will be developed between Storm and Kymera, and how, since Storm has a strong maternal side to her anyway, this will effect Storm's persona.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I.)

"Keep her with storm and don't involve BP with this rubbish"

Keep tHe Dad away from His cHild out of spite, well at least it's realistic.

II.) Damn! Marvel is Having a ball witH ffrfrfffrrrrfff rocking up time. Bring people from tHe past keep em Here. Bring people from tHe future keep em Here. And? Didn't Age of Ultron just Happen?

Now I find it really possible for Ultimate Spider to be transferred to tHe 616.

-ABstract4$$#073-

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XxeroOne

@grenadeflow said:

@blkson said:

I'd hate it if BP and Storm got back together, but I'd love it if Storm, BP, and Kymera united as a family. In reality, too many Blacks have a baby mama/daddy drama and i would hate to see that happen with Storm. Not here!

@thunderbolt30 said:

I am open to the potential this could offer Storm in terms of her development. what kind of potential relationship will be developed between Storm and Kymera, and how, since Storm has a strong maternal side to her anyway, this will effect Storm's persona.

I like this!

Maybe this could lead to her own book?

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@blkson said:

I'd hate it if BP and Storm got back together, but I'd love it if Storm, BP, and Kymera united as a family. In reality, too many Blacks have a baby mama/daddy drama and i would hate to see that happen with Storm. Not here!

@thunderbolt30 said:

I am open to the potential this could offer Storm in terms of her development. what kind of potential relationship will be developed between Storm and Kymera, and how, since Storm has a strong maternal side to her anyway, this will effect Storm's persona.

I like this!

Marvel didn't care about black stereotypes when they broke them up the way they did, why should they now. Honestly as a Black Panther and a somewhat storm fan I would rather they not be in the same panel again. The portrayal of BP in X books is so different to what we see in New Avengers its disgusting

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

I like this!

Thanks. And my line of thinking exactly. This has the potential to add more depth to and further enrich Ororo's story. I hope it intrigues writers and readers enough to want to see this relationship explored.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if their powers work the same way.....i sure as hell wouldn't wanna be around when those personalaties clash

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Night Thrasher

I knew she would stay!

Nobody-- NOBODY wants to see Storm and Bp together again... Ughh Storm never felt more like a token then back then.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG...

I will say this once AGAIN...Storm and BP could've been the most progressive thing in Marvel in an extremely long time. Here were TWO African characters of HIGH profile within the comic universe joined together in matrimony. That fact alone is EXTREMELY rare in comics to begin with. With neither one being "urban" or some stereotypical "token" this pairing could have been the Marvel Universe version of the Huxtables and actually advanced the portrayal of black characters decades in a single stroke. Lost potential.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@limitlesspower said:
    @thunderbolt30 said:

I like this!

Thanks. And my line of thinking exactly. This has the potential to add more depth to and further enrich Ororo's story. I hope it intrigues writers and readers enough to want to see this relationship explored.

I hope that happens

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

I knew she would stay!

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG...

I will say this once AGAIN...Storm and BP could've been the most progressive thing in Marvel in an extremely long time. Here were TWO African characters of HIGH profile within the comic universe joined together in matrimony. That fact alone is EXTREMELY rare in comics to begin with. With neither one being "urban" or some stereotypical "token" this pairing could have been the Marvel Universe version of the Huxtables and actually advanced the portrayal of black characters decades in a single stroke. Lost potential.

Quoted for truth. Especially the bold.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I knew she would stay and love this decision and hope to see more of her....but I wonder if she will become incredibly popular because of her link to her mom.....if she does,then DAYUM...

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad she stayed I'd like to see her and Shuri become close. Of course I doubt Hickman has much interest in her. Still there is some room for some good drama. They still will never make it up to me breaking her marriage up in the first place.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must say I am amused by the revisionist history because Storm was on the shelf in abject obscurity well before her marriage--much she has been SINCE the marriage.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must say I am amused by the revisionist history because Storm was on the shelf in abject obscurity well before her marriage--much she has been SINCE the marriage.

wait , this is actually earth616 or an alternate reality?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm was at her peak in the X-Books before she got married.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

really?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Claremont was around before she got married. Naturally, as it couldn't have gone either way, he was the writer who married her off. Can't even begin to understand the emotional and psychological trauma he must have endured in writing every panel of that UXM Annual--he obviously knew it was the worst direction and editorial decision she could have gone through even with the good intentions behind the pairing at the time, and as it were, he was right.

It's never been the same since.

Just as false as the recent notion that appearing in several titles would have done the character justice. Having just gotten back from her exploits with her newly christened XSE team, Storm was well on the way to policing and governing all sects of Mutantkind while re-invoking and customizing the X-Corp Operations with her legislative authority. She was the one who laid the frameworks for mutant/human/avenger relations and was on the way to bridging the gap. All in one title.

The only difference between then and now--the only difference that matters--is Claremont.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Not saying that dependency on him is warranted, but it's Claremont. Ofc things would have been different with him around. She had presence, relevance, a voice, authority, command, power, featz and so much more. Because hehad passion for the X-Men. Understandably so.

And she didn't need to appear across the bloody line to do so.

Also hope Kymera stays the heck away from Storm. I believe Wood's positioning Ororo for bigger and better things in life--she doesn't need BOTA detritus dragging her down now.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not saying that dependency on him is warranted, but it's Claremont. Ofc things would have been different with him around. She had presence, relevance, a voice, authority, command, power, featz and so much more. Because hehad passion for the X-Men. Understandably so.

And she didn't need to appear across the bloody line to do so.

Also hope Kymera stays the heck away from Storm. I believe Wood's positioning Ororo for bigger and better things in life--she doesn't need BOTA detritus dragging her down now.

I just want to have a good relationship between them

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

really?

Yes. AgeofHurricane explained it very well. Storm had her own X-treme X-Men team under her own mandate to retrieve Destiny's Diaries, then she created the XSE with international policing authority backed by the UN, and she had been a pivotal figure from the 80's to up to that point. Her time away during her marriage and the change in the writing regime was detrimental to her full time return to the x-books. I think she is slowly making her way back.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't storm fans like her to be written by Jason Aaron? she's going to appear in Amazing X-men, shouldn't you guys be excited?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why don't storm fans like her to be written by Jason Aaron? she's going to appear in Amazing X-men, shouldn't you guys be excited?

Being as objective as possible, Aaron's iteration of the character is by no means tremendously horrific, but it's not particularly good either. Time and again, under his pen, she's missed a lot of her definitive traits and usual quirks and in his own view, works better as arm candy for Wolverine and the JGS. She's pretty much a non-entity when Aaron is concerned, and his X-Work in general has been pretty bad.

There's nothing to get excited over when Aaron and Storm are on the same page. I mean--her relevance in BOTA? Zilch.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane: Well that's an interesting point of view. Personally, i don't mind what Aaron has done in WatXM. I especially like the increased attention given to characters such as Iceman or Rachel Grey, albeit it's still pretty minor when compared to the likes of Wolverine... But i like Iceman, so what i'm saying is biased by nature ;P.

But on the point of storm, i get what you mean. Ever since her return to the school, she's been pretty insignificant. This is even seen in the very recent BotA event... This is just my theory on why Aaron doesn't really 'care' for Ororo, I think maybe it's because she's a major character in another book (Brian Wood's X-men), so he thinks she doesn't really need that much more attention? you get me?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baberaham_lincoln: I get you, but involvement within another title to any particular degree does not preclude another writer from providing said character with some substantial and meaningful development, unless in this other title, said character was in space or something. She's the supposed headmistress of the Jean Grey School yet he's consecutively made that position look like nothing more than a bad joke of honour. And she's not that much of a major character in Wood's title--i mean, yeah, she's the team's 'leader' and all, but the cast's pretty big, and Aaron could deffo stand to do more with her than what he's done, but he's just not interested.

And his reason for her participation in AXM was that she was part of the cast he'd written in WATX--so, yeah. Not excited. I'll pick up tomorrow's issue for Kurt and Kurt alone.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@baberaham_lincoln: I get you, but involvement within another title to any particular degree does not preclude another writer from providing said character with some substantial and meaningful development, unless in this other title, said character was in space or something. She's the supposed headmistress of the Jean Grey School yet he's consecutively made that position look like nothing more than a bad joke of honour. And she's not that much of a major character in Wood's title--i mean, yeah, she's the team's 'leader' and all, but the cast's pretty big, and Aaron could deffo stand to do more with her than what he's done, but he's just not interested.

And his reason for her participation in AXM was that she was part of the cast he'd written in WATX--so, yeah. Not excited. I'll pick up tomorrow's issue for Kurt and Kurt alone.

Pretty much my feelings as well. Did you get today's issue? If so, thoughts?

What also a bit disappointing is that Aaron seems to know some key elements to Storm's character (i.e. - a master escape artist and lockpick) so it's not like he doesn't have knowledge of her history. Especially if he has her teaching ethics, the art of escape, and combat tactics class. Hopefully with Amazing X-Men, which I haven't picked up yet, having a smaller cast (no need to focus so much on the students anymore) we will get more from him.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

Pretty much my feelings as well. Did you get today's issue? If so, thoughts?

What also a bit disappointing is that Aaron seems to know some key elements to Storm's character (i.e. - a master escape artist and lockpick) so it's not like he doesn't have knowledge of her history. Especially if he has her teaching ethics, the art of escape, and combat tactics class. Hopefully with Amazing X-Men, which I haven't picked up yet, having a smaller cast (no need to focus so much on the students anymore) we will get more from him.

Hopefully!@

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: You know, i was actually pleasantly surprised by how much i, overall, enjoyed the issue. I honestly could have done without the latter half of Ororo and Logan's conversation--that just wasn't needed lol--but everything else was better than expected from Aaron, as i was coming into this title with severely low expectations. I'm glad the reason for the team's dynamic for this preliminary arc was one of circumstantial reasons cause Northstar and Firestar didn't make much sense. Though i am liking Angelica's character and it was nice to see Kurt again.

Aaron didn't knock me out the park with his iteration of Ororo, but she was tolerable. The usual commanding presence and voice when necessary. We'll see how this goes. Judging by those second issue previews, Ororo's team are unable to use their powers by chance of...whatever while in Hell or some variation of it, so i'm curious as to how that ends up.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: You know, i was actually pleasantly surprised by how much i, overall, enjoyed the issue. I honestly could have done without the latter half of Ororo and Logan's conversation--that just wasn't needed lol--but everything else was better than expected from Aaron, as i was coming into this title with severely low expectations. I'm glad the reason for the team's dynamic for this preliminary arc was one of circumstantial reasons cause Northstar and Firestar didn't make much sense. Though i am liking Angelica's character and it was nice to see Kurt again.

Aaron didn't knock me out the park with his iteration of Ororo, but she was tolerable. The usual commanding presence and voice when necessary. We'll see how this goes. Judging by those second issue previews, Ororo's team are unable to use their powers by chance of...whatever while in Hell or some variation of it, so i'm curious as to how that ends up.

I LOL'd at Ororo and Logan scene. I too was pleasantly surprised. Aaron did a good job of giving Storm a strong voice and presence in the title.

I wouldn't mind seeing some hand to hand bad-a$$ery from her :-) if her powers won't work. And I'm curious how Firestar would handle herself. Ororo looked like she was getting ready to unleash the can of demon whopp-a$$. Iceman look like he was about to keel over though lol.

blackair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Like many I am still upset with marvel powers that be breaking them up. There is no reason for storm not to be greatly involved in the X-family of story lines and be married .... really how many title/teams is wolverine and spider-man on any way. To me they lost a lot of great story telling opportunities.

With Kymera, I actually would prefer to see her in new avengers along side her presumed father the Black Panther ( he seems very isolated of late and could use someone to reconnect him with more than just his station) . So much is going on in the X universe i don't think we readers are going to benefit from yet another subplot.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Like many I am still upset with marvel powers that be breaking them up. There is no reason for storm not to be greatly involved in the X-family of story lines and be married .... really how many title/teams is wolverine and spider-man on any way. To me they lost a lot of great story telling opportunities.

With Kymera, I actually would prefer to see her in new avengers along side her presumed father the Black Panther ( he seems very isolated of late and could use someone to reconnect him with more than just his station) . So much is going on in the X universe i don't think we readers are going to benefit from yet another subplot.

A lot of truth to this. And it looks like this on the back burner too. Wood's last X-Men interview indicated that he has no immediate plans to address Kymera in his book. It may still pop up with Aaron but who knows.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackair9 said:

A lot of truth to this. And it looks like this on the back burner too. Wood's last X-Men interview indicated that he has no immediate plans to address Kymera in his book. It may still pop up with Aaron but who knows.

yes i swear i really don't see what or how the BOTA affected anything really other than a poor excuse to bring the O5 to the future. and this to me is really stupid as well.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I was always more upset about them never doing anything with the marriage than with the eventual break-up. There wasn't much history to be sad about. This I guess is a payoff for missed potential.

They should do a x-team book of all the x-men who came from various futures and stayed behind when they probably shouldn't have.

Sort of a counterpart book for the O5.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@fodigg said:

I was always more upset about them never doing anything with the marriage than with the eventual break-up. There wasn't much history to be sad about. This I guess is a payoff for missed potential.

They should do a x-team book of all the x-men who came from various futures and stayed behind when they probably shouldn't have.

Sort of a counterpart book for the O5.

Cool idea. I would definitely get this.

@thunderbolt30 said:

@blackair9 said:

yes i swear i really don't see what or how the BOTA affected anything really other than a poor excuse to bring the O5 to the future. and this to me is really stupid as well.

Agreed. BotA failed on so many levels and was undermining to the core X-Men that readers care to read about. And all in an effort to promote the O5 and to use some convoluted way to keep them in the present and generate conflict within the X-Verse that has no compelling basis whatsoever.

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should bring azari, becka munroe and kendall logan... 2 of wolverine's children and 2 of BP's children... Fighting and influencing their parents... And then at the end... Storm chooses Thor or Namor... Lol!

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjuwayo said:

They should bring azari, becka munroe and kendall logan... 2 of wolverine's children and 2 of BP's children... Fighting and influencing their parents... And then at the end... Storm chooses Thor or Namor... Lol!

And then Sif would likely beat her to a pulp wouldn't she?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anjuwayo said:

BUwahahahaha. Nice one! :)

Avatar image for pattilabellestormfan
    PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: @thunderbolt30: @malachi_munroe: @jhazzroucher: My question was this: If Iceman could use his ice powers (which need moisture and air if i'm not mistaken) why then could Storm not use any of her powers? Some don't know that Ororo can use her own mutant metabolism to generate lighting, there was no reason to me why there was no way to access ANY of her powers. What do you all think?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@poisonfleur: @thunderbolt30: @malachi_munroe: @jhazzroucher: My question was this: If Iceman could use his ice powers (which need moisture and air if i'm not mistaken) why then could Storm not use any of her powers? Some don't know that Ororo can use her own mutant metabolism to generate lighting, there was no reason to me why there was no way to access ANY of her powers. What do you all think?

Its simple, their dumb .. Storm is an energy manipulator a pretty powerful one at that.. *yawn* if iceman was able to make ice, there was moisture in the air ..and if he snuffs kinetic energy .. storm should have been able to use wind .. I'm over that .. its gotten old..her bloody bioelectric bolts have hurled bishop into a truck and even flipped it over ..

Avatar image for pattilabellestormfan
    PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Thank youuuuuuu. Granted marvel these days is like the cradle of idiocy lol, but still that was just STUPID!! "Its as if their's no weather here"??? WHAAAAAA?! LMAO ok its over and done with, but my God that set me off.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: Thank youuuuuuu. Granted marvel these days is like the cradle of idiocy lol, but still that was just STUPID!! "Its as if their's no weather here"??? WHAAAAAA?! LMAO ok its over and done with, but my God that set me off.

AHAHA!!!!! you would think, she's been around for like 30+ years .. its about time they understand that she manipulates energy for he shizzzzzzzzzz

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was complete WIS. The writer (Jason Aaron) seems to be a fan of depowered Storm and likes to focus on her other skills (H2H, lockpicking, escape artist), which I don't mind. Like that he revisited these cool aspects of Storm's skill-set, but his nerfing in that hell dimension was complete PIS/WIS. She's been in limbo 2 or 3 times and in another hell dimension and used her powers with no issue.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: did she not shackle death with some kind of burst also?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: did she not shackle death with some kind of burst also?

Good memory Mal :-). Yes, when she went into another version of limbo to save her ex-husband she generated powerful winds that leveled death and his minions. Why oh why couldn't we have Claremont handling Storm?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.