Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Infinity and Beyond the STORM..

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So the next big Marvel Event out later this year is Infinity.. With the Return of Thanos. The teaser art released for this does not have the All-Mother Goddess present. Hoping that Storm will have some type of role in the event, but this again seems to be another indication that the Powers that be don't have much use for her outside her role with the X-men.

No Caption Provided

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

For what it's worth, everyone I see on that cover is totally a member of the Avengers. Storm is X-only. So we don't know the full extent to which the X-Men will be involved at all. And Rogue is double dippin as well, so that would explain why she's up there. But, we will see

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I think it's meant to just be an Avengers event though, so she probably doesn't need to be there.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Hickman is writing it I'm interested. I do tend to think it's an Avengers thing though.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hope Storm shows up and wipe Thanos like a bug in a windshield. lol : )

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I think she may have a small cameo but everyone on the picture is rather an Avenger or Avengers related and we all know that she was a member of the Avengers but didn't matter much because it wasn't dine properly.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

I think she may have a small cameo but everyone on the picture is rather an Avenger or Avengers related and we all know that she was a member of the Avengers but didn't matter much because it wasn't dine properly.

a small cameo is better than not showing up but I hope she'll still have more than just a cameo

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

a small cameo is better than not showing up but I hope she'll still have more than just a cameo

Well,of course.Sometimes even a small cameo is good but as I know Marvel they won't put her or even if they put her in this,she won't have any lines.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

Well,of course.Sometimes even a small cameo is good but as I know Marvel they won't put her or even if they put her in this,she won't have any lines.

let's just hope she will

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

let's just hope she will

Judging by the picture, it looks like it'll be involving Avengers, New Avengers and Uncanny Avengers, and as she isn't on any of those teams, it seems kind of unlikely she'll be involved.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jhazzroucher

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

let's just hope she will

Judging by the picture, it looks like it'll be involving Avengers, New Avengers and Uncanny Avengers, and as she isn't on any of those teams, it seems kind of unlikely she'll be involved.

The X-men might get involved too since Thanos is a threat to everybody

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

let's just hope she will

I have the same feeling.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

let's just hope she will

The X-men might get involved too since Thanos is a threat to everybody

I suppose it's possible, but I'd have thought they'd show some sign of that happening in the picture.

Maybe an X-Men title will get a tie-in issue though, even if they're not in the main story.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Ffs. If Storm's team aren't getting a tie-in, then she won't be involved to the slightest degree, and if she does, Aaron or Bendis will probably write it, and it'll be something fcking stupid.

Not sure why there was hope for her appearing in this or in Age of Ultron, both are horrible events and Marvel has already expressed their acknowledgment for Storm: nothing.

Call me when Storm finally gets some company wide recognition, cause this is just embarrassing. We shouldn't be "hoping" for Storm (nuff said) to be involved, it should just "be". I'm actually done with the disrespect. And Nick Lowe. That guys needs to diaf. Saying Storm would have had a "big role" in the X-Books post Marvel's other crap event. Yeah. I'm actually done. Brian Wood is the only saving grace for the character, and he needs to make it big.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ffs. If Storm's team aren't getting a tie-in, then she won't be involved to the slightest degree, and if she does, Aaron or Bendis will probably write it, and it'll be something fcking stupid.

Not sure why there was hope for her appearing in this or in Age of Ultron, both are horrible events and Marvel has already expressed their acknowledgment for Storm: nothing.

Call me when Storm finally gets some company wide recognition, cause this is just embarrassing. We shouldn't be "hoping" for Storm (nuff said) to be involved, it should just "be". I'm actually done with the disrespect. And Nick Lowe. That guys needs to diaf. Saying Storm would have had a "big role" in the X-Books post Marvel's other crap event. Yeah. I'm actually done. Brian Wood is the only saving grace for the character, and he needs to make it big.

She is in Age Of Ultron.

And she's probably not going to be in this because it's an Avengers event.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yeah, i know she's in AoU, but i fail to see the prior hoping for her to appear in it because all she's done is shout "Goddess!" and carry people with her winds while whining that she needs some time to "concentrate".

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@v_scarlotte_rose: Yeah, i know she's in AoU, but i fail to see the prior hoping for her to appear in it because all she's done is shout "Goddess!" and carry people with her winds while whining that she needs some time to "concentrate".

Bendis is awful....................absolutely awful for Storm

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

She

is

in Age Of Ultron.

And she's probably not going to be in this because it's an Avengers event.

Storm did something

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

come on guys! Storm lifting others is awesome.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By poisonfleur

This is kind of a Space focused event- (I dislike Marvel Space stories) Storm never really had a place in space adventure except for the Phoenix Saga. I am not THAT surprised.
    But it would have been nice to see her in another event and this time with a role.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me when Storm finally gets some company wide recognition, cause this is just embarrassing. We shouldn't be "hoping" for Storm (nuff said) to be involved, it should just "be". I'm actually done with the disrespect. And Nick Lowe. That guys needs to diaf. Saying Storm would have had a "big role" in the X-Books post Marvel's other crap event. Yeah. I'm actuallydone. Brian Wood is the only saving grace for the character, and he needs to make it big.

I'm totally with you here. I am just through with giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt when it comes to her character. When was the last time we got a good Storm story where she was accurately portrayed and wasn't gettin her ass handed to her by some no-name mutant (speaking to the last issue of Xmen before the reboot)? Don't get me wrong Wood was great but we seldomly saw her demonstrate anything creative with her powers and the good characterization was only limited to his book. It frustrates me so how they (editors and writers) continue to fail us with their portrayal of her as a character and her actual use of powers. I am tired of hoping they will explore more creative use of her powers beside lightning, I am tired of hoping they will give her a voice instead of being a cheerleader for wolverine and/or cyclops. I am tired of living in the past when it comes to seeing anything of significance that she has brought to the x-world as a whole. I am simply tired. So Xmen (wood's) is my last hope but after that I will no longer invest anymore money into the franchise which is Marvel. I have had it, I'm spent so if Bendis and the likes want her to be lightning lass who gets jobbed at the drop of dime so be it... I'm done.

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By windcaster

One expatiation why she probably isn't going to be apart of the event is because editorial has been pretty adamant about keeping Storm and T'challa separate from each other. If they are more successful separate than together then we all know what business decision they'll make. As a Storm fan I'm hopping that shell be with it, but with rumors of an Inhumans movie and a Black Panther cameo in Avengers 2 at a time where all of the MCU characters just so happen to show up to fight Thanos. Its at lest a contributing factor.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One expatiation why she probably isn't going to be apart of the event is because editorial has been pretty adamant about keeping Storm and T'challa separate from each other. If they are more successful separate than together then we all know what business decision they'll make. As a Storm fan I'm hopping that shell be with it, but with rumors of an Inhumans movie and a Black Panther cameo in Avengers 2 at a time where all of the MCU characters just so happen to show up to fight Thanos. Its at lest a contributing factor.

hmm very interesting.. are you basing this off of any interviews or just the fact that they two have been separate since the launch of Marvel Now

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By windcaster

@butterflykyss: Mostly the latter. On CBR Black Panther threads posters have discussed the subject a few times, but Age of Ultron is not over and so you have to take these rumors with a grain of salt. I also heard speculation that the Next Avengers will show up. Seeing her and Azari interact would be interesting if it happened.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ageofhurricane said:

Call me when Storm finally gets some company wide recognition, cause this is just embarrassing. We shouldn't be "hoping" for Storm (nuff said) to be involved, it should just "be". I'm actually done with the disrespect. And Nick Lowe. That guys needs to diaf. Saying Storm would have had a "big role" in the X-Books post Marvel's other crap event. Yeah. I'm actuallydone. Brian Wood is the only saving grace for the character, and he needs to make it big.

I'm totally with you here. I am just through with giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt when it comes to her character. When was the last time we got a good Storm story where she was accurately portrayed and wasn't gettin her ass handed to her by some no-name mutant (speaking to the last issue of Xmen before the reboot)? Don't get me wrong Wood was great but we seldomly saw her demonstrate anything creative with her powers and the good characterization was only limited to his book. It frustrates me so how they (editors and writers) continue to fail us with their portrayal of her as a character and her actual use of powers. I am tired of hoping they will explore more creative use of her powers beside lightning, I am tired of hoping they will give her a voice instead of being a cheerleader for wolverine and/or cyclops. I am tired of living in the past when it comes to seeing anything of significance that she has brought to the x-world as a whole. I am simply tired. So Xmen (wood's) is my last hope but after that I will no longer invest anymore money into the franchise which is Marvel. I have had it, I'm spent so if Bendis and the likes want her to be lightning lass who gets jobbed at the drop of dime so be it... I'm done.

Wood is good but seeing Storm only doing the talking and not showing what she can do with her powers, makes me feel he's not the best writer for Storm

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the moment, Wood is the best option we've got. Just kill me with the "no creative use of powers = bad writer" argument. Hudlin, Gillen, Humphries and Bendis had her do an array of things with her powers, as opposed to what we've seen Wood do (localized hurricane surge, striking Piotr and actually hurting him, demonstrating further control in that she previously hit him with lightning while he had a proto attached to him, but because she only wanted to harm the proto, that's all that was harmed, not Piotr)--that does not mean they are the better writers for her.

Fans need to understand, that it's not something of a mission for writers to have characters display impressive feats--it's just something you add in the panel description, some POV narrative boxes and descriptions vivid enough for the artist and voila--you have a feat. It's not bloody hard. Getting the character them self to the core, or close to it, is the hard part--which is why Wood is fantastic, because he's succeeded where so many other writers have failed.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the moment, Wood is the best option we've got. Just kill me with the "no creative use of powers = bad writer" argument. Hudlin, Gillen, Humphries and Bendis had her do an array of things with her powers, as opposed to what we've seen Wood do (localized hurricane surge, striking Piotr and actually hurting him, demonstrating further control in that she previously hit him with lightning while he had a proto attached to him, but because she only wanted to harm the proto, that's all that was harmed, not Piotr)--that does not mean they are the better writers for her.

Fans need to understand, that it's not something of a mission for writers to have characters display impressive feats--it's just something you add in the panel description, some POV narrative boxes and descriptions vivid enough for the artist and voila--you have a feat. It's not bloody hard. Getting the character them self to the core, or close to it, is the hard part--which is why Wood is fantastic, because he's succeeded where so many other writers have failed.

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying in my little rant. I actually agree that Wood didn't do anything impressive in regards to her use of powers, but I also know he is a hell of a lot better for Storm than any of the other writers that you listed. Also, Hudlin, Gillen, and Bendis (i won't comment on humphries because I haven't read much of his storm outside of his Xforce stint) aren't bad writers (in regards to Storm's characterization) because they didn't show her using her powers creatively (even though I would argue that this truth demonstrates a writer who is not well rounded in understanding the character), but because they wrote her as a doormat to lift up her male counterparts: Hudlin (Black Panther), Gillen (Cyclops and even Emma though Storm was supposed to be his second in command), and Bendis (Cyclops/wolverine/Kitty, and lets not even go to his Avengers Storm). Cyclops killed Xavier and her initial encounter with him after all that occurred showed her only saying "let him speak" courtesy of bendis. This isn't nor does it have anything to do with powers, but it has everything to do with these writers not showing her step up and having a voice when the history of her character most definitely would support the opposite; they are writing her as more of an observer who is borderline indifferent to what is happening around her; that is simply not in character in regards to Storm and she most certainly wouldn't take that stance after someone as close to her as Xavier being murdered.

I understand its not the mission of the writers to show a character display impressive feat; that is not what I'm asking, even though that would be nice seeing we haven't seen one since World Apart and McDouffie FF. What I am asking is that these writers not be complete idiots when it comes to her use of her powers. In most of the more contemporary xmen books I own where storm is featured, her initial response to any threat is lightning. Why would she strike Hercules with lightning, why would she strike Bishop with lightning, why would she go within 10 feet of a legion of Ultron heads and then strike them with lightning bolts from her body when she could easily take them out with an EMP blast or winds from afar without the need to put her and her team at risk? No the latter of what i proposed is not an impressive feat, but abilities within her power set that writers ignore because of progressing the plot, or just plan laziness. And this is not something I am just pulling out of space, many of fans have complained about her being Lightning Lass, and most recent even Humphries got a bit of heat because he showed Storm attacking bishop with lightning, when her history with the character and her understanding of his abilities would lead you to believe she would do anything but that. And fans should express their concerns in this regard, we should expect more because we are the consumer. So let me clarify my statements, I don't want impressive feats (even though i don't mind that every now and then), what I want is for writers to not be lazy when it comes to Storm as a character in regards to her traits and abilities and show her in a fashion that is consistent to the Storm i grew to love from the one represented during the 80s and 90s.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PassionFlower

I like Cheung even though he can only draw one face.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel, please give Storm a better and bigger role

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.