Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10173 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Head Mistress Storm?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

So it think that Storm is now the Head Mistress of Jean Grey school.

In All New X-Men 4 they hinted at it with this.

No Caption Provided

And then in All New X-Men 6 Kitty said this.

So I think it's safe assume that Storm is now the new head mistress.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Teerack: I feel like I missed something between a panel or some ish like that.lol Seriously, when I saw those scenes, I was like "Yay!", but then I said "Wait a minute...WHEN?!" Maybe another comic is going to explain things a bit better, because I honestly don't remember this change happening..........though I love the hell out of it.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@Teerack: I feel like I missed something between a panel or some ish like that.lol Seriously, when I saw those scenes, I was like "Yay!", but then I said "Wait a minute...WHEN?!" Maybe another comic is going to explain things a bit better, because I honestly don't remember this change happening..........though I love the hell out of it.

I don't want her to be the headmistress of this school.. I want her to go rogue for a while.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By poisonfleur

Headmistress of the school--- Let's change the title to Storm and the X-men!

=D

I am about 70% serious.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

I don't want her to be the headmistress of this school.. I want her to go rogue for a while.

I feel like she's getting a position that is powerful in its own right....a downgrade, but still, a position of power, for a cause that she definitely believes in. I feel that since her marriage got screwed in part because of her relationship with the X-Men, that it only makes sense that that kind of loyalty gets her upgraded in their ranks, now that she's back to being full time.

I'm scared that her going "Rogue" would be an excuse to get her off of the cast of Marvel in general.

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lykopis

I think it would be a foregone conclusion that Storm would be head-mistress -- in terms of stepping in and taking the reins it's completely feasible that Kitty would step aside and allow Storm to be.

I do like Storm and Logan both claiming to be in charge. Very cute.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@lykopis said:

I think it would be a foregone conclusion that Storm would be head-mistress -- in terms of stepping in and taking the reins it's completely feasible that Kitty would step aside and allow Storm to be.

I do like Storm and Logan both claiming to be in charge. Very cute.

And being fine with each other taking/sharing the lead.........I really enjoyed that part.lol

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

I feel like she's getting a position that is powerful in its own right....a downgrade, but still, a position of power, for a cause that she definitely believes in. I feel that since her marriage got screwed in part because of her relationship with the X-Men, that it only makes sense that that kind of loyalty gets her upgraded in their ranks, now that she's back to being full time.

I'm scared that her going "Rogue" would be an excuse to get her off of the cast of Marvel in general.

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

I see what you mean. However, being Head Mistress just seems so constricting considering that right now with all things that has happened with her recently, I would expect her (or would like to see) her just cut loose and not put everyone else and their needs before her own. I think this could really help in the character development department. I mean we have seen her in this role so many times before and I just want something fresh for her considering the shift in her look. I want it to translate to her her attitude and to her use of powers.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

Can somebody enlighten me?

If both of them said "me" then does that mean Storm and Wolverine are on the same level/position as the headmaster and the head mistress?

and why do they call the female a head mistress? well, mistress seems to be a negative term.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By poisonfleur
    I think we know who's in charge. ;)
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

If both of them said "me" then does that mean Storm and Wolverine are on the same level/position as the headmaster and the head mistress?

and why do they call the female a head mistress? well, mistress seems to be a negative term.

"MISTRESS of the elements"

It's not a negative term

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

I see what you mean. However, being Head Mistress just seems so constricting considering that right now with all things that has happened with her recently, I would expect her (or would like to see) her just cut loose and not put everyone else and their needs before her own. I think this could really help in the character development department. I mean we have seen her in this role so many times before and I just want something fresh for her considering the shift in her look. I want it to translate to her her attitude and to her use of powers.

I think it's more about being with her family. Also, she is "cutting loose" in X-Force...and soon, maybe even with Wolverine.lol I see the new look definitely affecting her powers, and her attitude though...in general, she never really allows personal turmoil to take her away from the team........a strong quality, but also, a bit sad...that's why I'm excited for X-Force.lol

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Teerack

@jhazzroucher: Master and Mistress aren't unix words so they change but mean the same thing.(Most words that end in er are like this) And Yes Logan is Head Master and Head Mistress are at the same level sorta. Logan does out rank the Head Mistress but Storm is very challenging when it comes to leadership so I could see her being more equal with Logan then Kitty was.

@White Mage: I think the Explanation was just that Kitty will be working with the young X-Men and needs to focus on that.

@White Mage: It's not really a downgrade. She'll still be the leader of two teams. Uncanny X-Force and the new X-Men all girl team. Don't you think her becoming just another teacher at the school would of been a much bigger downgrade? When now she's more of an equal to Logan who is the over all leader of the X-Men?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Teerack: When I say "downgrade", I mean from her "Queen" rank. However, since she's with the X-Men now, she definitely deserves a high position, cause that woman has EARNED it.lol

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Teerack

@White Mage: Oh okay, that makes more sense.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Teerack said:

@White Mage: Oh okay, that makes more sense.

Yeah, if she had just become another professor at the school...........that would've irritated me. Seriously. Her character was designed, in my opinion, to be in the forefront.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By poisonfleur

This reminds me of the films. How Storm became headmistress of the School after Phoenix killed Xavier...

No Caption Provided
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

This reminds me of the films. How Storm became headmistress of the School after Phoenix killed Xavier...

No Caption Provided

......................................................Oh

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Teerack

@poisonfleur: The ironic thing is that this is happening right after phoenix killed Xavier xD

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By butterflykyss

@poisonfleur said:

Hahaha nice post!!!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

I think it's more about being with her family. Also, she is "cutting loose" in X-Force...and soon, maybe even with Wolverine.lol I see the new look definitely affecting her powers, and her attitude though...in general, she never really allows personal turmoil to take her away from the team........a strong quality, but also, a bit sad...that's why I'm excited for X-Force.lol

Yea this is true.. but if her cutting loose is supposed to be seen across the Xmen titles it would make sense to see it in the ANXM and WATX.... I guess time will tell but I don't see her being a teacher honestly rocking the mohawk look which is supposed to symbolize the inner turmoil she is experiencing. But I could be wrong lol

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

Yea this is true.. but if her cutting loose is supposed to be seen across the Xmen titles it would make sense to see it in the ANXM and WATX.... I guess time will tell but I don't see her being a teacher honestly rocking the mohawk look which is supposed to symbolize the inner turmoil she is experiencing. But I could be wrong lol

Well....first we have to see which issue it is that she actually cuts her hair.lol All answers will be given once she pulls out the sheeeers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@White Mage said:

I'm pretty sure it was explained in Wolverine & The X-Men, I'd look for the scan but it's late

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@White Mage said:

I'm pretty sure it was explained in Wolverine & The X-Men, I'd look for the scan but it's late

I appreciate the thought...the thought is what counts most.lol

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By poisonfleur

@Teerack said:

@poisonfleur: The ironic thing is that this is happening right after phoenix killed Xavier xD

Right? All who say X-men the last stand is nothing like the comics-- have to change their stance now. LOL Because it kinda is now. lol

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

It's not a negative term

but head mistress was also Kitty's position before Storm came along.

@White Mage said:

@Teerack: When I say "downgrade", I mean from her "Queen" rank. However, since she's with the X-Men now, she definitely deserves a high position, cause that woman has EARNED it.lol

Ororo Munroe is a beautiful goddess. A goddess is higher than a queen right?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By poisonfleur

@butterflykyss said:

@poisonfleur said:

Hahaha nice post!!!

Just reminding everyone how much of a Boss Storm is. Encase anyone forget. ;P

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Teerack

@jhazzroucher: I could be wrong but I always got the vibe Storm didn't like to be called a Goddess, but wouldn't bother telling people to stop.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

Well....first we have to see which issue it is that she actually cuts her hair.lol All answers will be given once she pulls out the sheeeers

I'm hoping she not all of the sudden bald without an explanation that would really suk

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By butterflykyss

@poisonfleur said:

@butterflykyss said:

@poisonfleur said:

Hahaha nice post!!!

Just reminding everyone how much of a Boss Storm is. Encase anyone forget. ;P

And some of these b's definitely need a reminding lol

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

It's not a negative term

@White Mage said:

1. But you do understand that it's not a negative term, correct?

2. GET YO LIFE!!!!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

I'm hoping she not all of the sudden bald without an explanation that would really suk

They BETTER explain that sh*t...

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By butterflykyss

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

indeed. lol

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teerack

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

indeed. lol

It's not like they would rework the whole look of an important x-men character and then give no real explanation....

No Caption Provided

Oh wait....

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By jhazzroucher

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Teerack said:

No Caption Provided

It's not a negative term

@White Mage said:

1. But you do understand that it's not a negative term, correct?

2. GET YO LIFE!!!!

ok. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Teerack said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

@butterflykyss said:

@White Mage said:

"Where's Storm?"

"I dunno...Africa"

"Oh, ok"

"Alright then"

indeed. lol

It's not like they would rework the whole look of an important x-men character and then give no real explanation....

No Caption Provided

Oh wait....

ooooohhhh.....................they better NOT! LOL

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jhazzroucher

Both of them should have said "us"

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By Blood1991

Seems to be heavily implied. I'm all for it. Simply teaching doesn't seem to be her style.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Blood1991 said:

Seems to be heavily implied. I'm all for it. Simply teaching doesn't seem to be her style.

yes it is. Wisdom

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By Blood1991

@jhazzroucher said:

@Blood1991 said:

yes it is. Wisdom

I meant a classroom.

acon70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By acon70

@White Mage: i agree.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jhazzroucher

@acon70 said:

agree on what?

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By PassionFlower

Isn't Kitty the head mistress? I don't see why she would step aside a position she has had been doing pretty much full time. Logan is hardly there and hopefully Storm won't be either.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PassionFlower

...now being in charge as a LEADER is different.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Teerack

@PassionFlower said:

Isn't Kitty the head mistress? I don't see why she would step aside a position she has had been doing pretty much full time. Logan is hardly there and hopefully Storm won't be either.

Read the first post before posting. -_-

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By butterflykyss

@acon70 said:

Oooh I like your new avi!!!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By butterflykyss
    Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine and her share(d) the headmaster position. Not sure if she is going to stick around, as she seems to be dealing with her own issues again. It's actually implied that while she likes the idea of the school she isn't comfortable there.

@butterflykyss said:

SO ITs OFFICIAL MITCHES....

That's the scan.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By butterflykyss

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

Wolverine and her share(d) the headmaster position. Not sure if she is going to stick around, as she seems to be dealing with her own issues again. It's actually implied that while she likes the idea of the school she isn't comfortable there.

@butterflykyss said:

SO ITs OFFICIAL MITCHES....

That's the scan.

what do you think about her sharing the role as head master?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@butterflykyss: I don't like it, but I don't necessarily have to since I don't read "WatX" in the first place. I liked Kitty as co-headmaster and I had said before that I don't see Storm as an administrator/headmaster/teacher type - it's a bit of a demotion. Also, a bit offensive: every leadership role she gets is symbolic now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.