Good 'Storm' centric comics/trades

#1 Posted by queenfrost_ (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to read more Storm, so who else to ask than the hardcore Storm stans at CV!? So rec away any story arc, trade, comic that has good Storm characterisation/focus please :D

#2 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

how storm got her groove back is a new ongoing by marvel detailing Storm's new life as a single independent woman after she got dumped by her ex husband T Chala.

#3 Posted by queenfrost_ (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez: huh

#4 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire X-Treme X-Men Vol.1 series will give you a good dose of the almighty Godde--Storm (probably features the character at her highest point). While you're at it, get Life Deaths 1 and 2, both depict her life and emotional/internal struggles straight after she lost her powers, while also featuring an array of supporting X-Men. It's a redemption story in its own right, but the outcome of the saga is beautiful. Also pick up her first ever miniseries, which sheds some light on her poignant leadership of the Morlocks, relationship with Forge/Cable (?) and introduces a new look (a HOT one btw). For more contemporary things, X-Men Worlds Apart written by Chris Yost is a must, consists of Storm giving Cyclops another beat down and let him along with the other X-Men full cognizant of the fact that she can handle being a Queen, an X-Man, and herself, of course, it's a story that spiritually leads into Warren Ellis' run of Astonishing X-Men, which isn't exactly mandatory, but still. Finally, there's Brian Wood's 'MAGNIFICENT WONDERFUL EPIC-SAUCE COMPELLING DRAMA-LAMA EXQUISITE' run of X-Men vol.3 (which you'll find, he's relaunching come April) which initiates the return of the REAL HBIC Storm from issues 30-37 (i say return because ever since 06...things have happened) and that's all you need to know.

^ only scratches the surface, but yeah.

From BWs run 3
#5 Posted by queenfrost_ (2490 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: Thanks soooooo much! Look forward to getting all of those! :D

#6 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10829 posts) - - Show Bio

@queenfrost_ said:

@AgeofHurricane: Thanks soooooo much! Look forward to getting all of those! :D

Agreed on all the recommendations AoH posted. If you can get your hands on an Essential X-Men book, Fall of the Mutants, Days of Future Past (her debut as leader of the X-Men), and the Nanny story arcs are all good stories where Stomr received a lot of focus. As for her period of being married I would only recommend McDuffie's work with her and Black Panther as part of the FF. Storm was well involved there and it was the best period in her marriage.

#7 Posted by JonSmith (4010 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, look. Another sacrifice to be converted for your Goddess, .

#8 Posted by poisonfleur (3131 posts) - - Show Bio

LifeDeath, World's Apart, and X-treme X-men: Storm - The Arena

Are my top 3 recommendations.

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (16500 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men: Worlds Apart, The New Fantastic Four written by Mcduffie and the issue when Storm summoned the power of the galactic core. Well aside from that feat, I really like her drama while she was alone in a spacecraft, thinking what she would do, saying she face 2 paths, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.