Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Future self

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has Storm reached her peak or do you think there is still room for her to grow? Why?

What are some abilities/forms storm could possibly access in the future that writers haven't touched yet?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

She can manipulate any forms of energy.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Are we talking hitting the peak with her powers? Or her mutation changing her into something else (I.e- an elemental form)?

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well I know she has the potential to become a being of pure elemental energy, which I think is cool, but I don't find this potential particularly interesting.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well I know she has the potential to become a being of pure elemental energy, which I think is cool, but I don't find this potential particularly interesting.

really? she could do so much in her energy form.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree. If she goes to how powerful she really is, she just transform into Rogue Storm but not elemental form.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Rogue Storm would be nice to see again.
    Although why not bring back her ice attacks? I think those are some of her best moves. Is it because we have Iceman already??

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although why not bring back her ice attacks? I think those are some of her best moves. Is it because we have Iceman already??

Now this I LIKE. I want to see her creatively use her powers like she used to do on the regular. Just focusing on her cold based attacks I'd like to see her create flashfloods again, and while it's washing away her enemies abruptly drop the temperature to freeze them solid in the wave of water. Or unleash a hurricane force katabic wind blast that is hyper saturated with moisture to freeze targets as they are being blown away. There is just so much to her powers that I am way more interested in having her powers explored vs changing her form.

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

You are right. Having an energy form would allow to really leverage her powers without the exhaustion factor that often hits her due to her physical human body. I just don't find characters who are not in a normal human form interesting. I wouldn't be opposed to her puling a Rogue-Storm again for the purpose of a good story that's exploring her potential, but I'd rather see her abilities be used in new ways, since there is so much to her powers than see her changing form.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

Now this I LIKE. I want to see her creatively use her powers like she used to do on the regular. Just focusing on her cold based attacks I'd like to see her create flashfloods again, and while it's washing away her enemies abruptly drop the temperature to freeze them solid in the wave of water. Or unleash a hurricane force katabic wind blast that is hyper saturated with moisture to freeze targets as they are being blown away. There is just so much to her powers that I am way more interested in having her powers explored vs changing her form.

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

You are right. Having an energy form would allow to really leverage her powers without the exhaustion factor that often hits her due to her physical human body. I just don't find characters who are not in a normal human form interesting. I wouldn't be opposed to her puling a Rogue-Storm again for the purpose of a good story that's exploring her potential, but I'd rather see her abilities be used in new ways, since there is so much to her powers than see her changing form.

I prefer the Rogue Storm form, and if it's not enough, she goes to her third form, elemental form.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

@poisonfleur said:

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

I prefer the Rogue Storm form, and if it's not enough, she goes to her third form, elemental form.

elemental from and rogue storm are pretty the same. They both turn into the elements.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@poisonfleur said:

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

elemental from and rogue storm are pretty the same. They both turn into the elements.

I think Rogue Storm didn't turn into elemental form but can turn into elemental form.

I want Storm to have different levels of transformations, just like Goku and Naruto. That way, we''re also like getting different costumes. : )

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By abaldo

@jhazzroucher said:

@abaldo said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@poisonfleur said:

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

I think Rogue Storm didn't turn into elemental form but can turn into elemental form.

I want Storm to have different levels of transformations, just like Goku and Naruto. That way, we''re also like getting different costumes. : )

well you have a point, but we don't have enough information on her elemental form but just her transcending into an elemental being. Which is similar to Rogue Storm (lightning hair, breathe made of fire and ice…etc). So I wouldn't separate them. Anyway, do you think she could control all of the elements when in elemental form or rogue storm ( earth and fire)? Because she could breath fire and one time she created an earthquake when she was with Blank Panther...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@abaldo said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@poisonfleur said:

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

well you have a point, but we don't have enough information on her elemental form but just her transcending into an elemental being. Which is similar to Rogue Storm (lightning hair, breathe made of fire and ice…etc). So I wouldn't separate them. Anyway, do you think she could control all of the elements when in elemental form or rogue storm ( earth and fire)? Because she could breath fire and one time she created an earthquake when she was with Blank Panther...

She should be able to even in human form.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: i would like the whole "as it exists in nature" thing to be dropped .. have her siphoning the kinetic energy from gambits cards and applying it to the atmosphere like if a villan somehow managed to cut her off from acessing the atmosphere and she uses gambits energies for wind (since when shes flying shes basically riding kinetic energy but producing wind as a side effect) and have her mess with peoples bodies more damnit! Use their bio electricity to generate lightning! Also robbing kinetic energy from objects/people .. her powers really are beastly when we consider what they really are...

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: storms kinetic energies more revolve around the atmosphere, not objects.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't always depicted that Storm, at her most powerful will be some sort of sorcerer?? Or was that just a Claremont thing??

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't always depicted that Storm, at her most powerful will be some sort of sorcerer?? Or was that just a Claremont thing??

well if she looked back on her witch craft in her blood line, or become the high priestess with Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkness, she would become a powerful witch. But that is separate from her mutant powers, She has the potential to become and elemental being ( like Iceman), or Control all forms of energy or something else...

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@cattlebattle said:

well if she looked back on her witch craft in her blood line, or become the high priestess with Scarlet Witch and Agatha Harkness, she would become a powerful witch. But that is separate from her mutant powers, She has the potential to become and elemental being ( like Iceman), or Control all forms of energy or something else...

It has always been hinted that she was a Falteen and that her weather powers were due to mystical heritage. I mean, you are right, her mutant powers are a separate thing, but I thought her just being such a powerful mutant was due to both.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By abaldo

@cattlebattle said:

@abaldo said:

@cattlebattle said:

It has always been hinted that she was a Falteen and that her weather powers were due to mystical heritage. I mean, you are right, her mutant powers are a separate thing, but I thought her just being such a powerful mutant was due to both.

yeah, i thought i should mention this. Basically she has a heritage formed of rain queens, sorcerous supreme and high priestesses. All granted with blue eyes and white hair by the goddess oshtur, and seemingly granted with the power to control the weather...I think :\ but right now she uses no form of magic. That has yet to be unlocked.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
    MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MagnificentStorm

@poisonfleur

I would like to see Rouge Storm again that was a very great moment an done very well in my opinion, but as far as extra mutations with her powers I honestly don't want anything above elemental form an even still. With Storm her sense of humanity is a very huge part in her character an to lose that would be something huge. I could see it as if when she reaches that state her motherly side that side of how she cares about the earth an its people become more prevalent then sure, But maybe hank can make her a artificial skin dont know if I would like blue Storm in every comic much.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: i would like the whole "as it exists in nature" thing to be dropped .. have her siphoning the kinetic energy from gambits cards and applying it to the atmosphere like if a villan somehow managed to cut her off from acessing the atmosphere and she uses gambits energies for wind (since when shes flying shes basically riding kinetic energy but producing wind as a side effect) and have her mess with peoples bodies more damnit! Use their bio electricity to generate lightning! Also robbing kinetic energy from objects/people .. her powers really are beastly when we consider what they really are...

I like that her powers derive from and are connected to nature, but I like the creativity in your idea, allowing her to pull the energy from any source that possesses it. I would like to see her do more internal manipulation in the human body.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else think her forthcoming solo will be a chance for her to reach her next level of potential... in other words, so finally step (or soar) across the line from top tier alpha mutant to full-fledged Omega?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@abaldo: i know , but my thing is while kinetic energy exists in nature as wind .. like what she did with the sentinels .. they provided the energy source and she simply manipulated it ..

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jhazzroucher

Anyone else think her forthcoming solo will be a chance for her to reach her next level of potential... in other words, so finally step (or soar) across the line from top tier alpha mutant to full-fledged Omega?

Hopefully. I know Storm is very powerful and we'll be seeing her more in her own ongoing.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@devilsgrin81 said:

VERY possible chance.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@abaldo: I have a question so if she comes from a line of high priestesses and sorcerer supremes how come Doctor Strange has not mentioned or even acknowledge that she could become his heir or the next in line?

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: i know , but my thing is while kinetic energy exists in nature as wind .. like what she did with the sentinels .. they provided the energy source and she simply manipulated it ..

when did she do this?

Avatar image for marlexcabanilla
    marlexcabanilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: the Sentinel provided gamma energy and storm convert it into storm for greenhouse effect so the earth will not be affected by the sun flair

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: I have a question so if she comes from a line of high priestesses and sorcerer supremes how come Doctor Strange has not mentioned or even acknowledge that she could become his heir or the next in line?

Writers haven't been interested about making a story for the high priestesses. In the future, hopefully it will.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: the Sentinel provided gamma energy and storm convert it into storm for greenhouse effect so the earth will not be affected by the sun flair

yes but she never took any kinetic energy from him, she can manipulate gamma rays directly as it exists in the electrical atmosphere phenomenon.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: her morals perhaps? I saw a scan of her manipulating silk or something another mutant generated because the silk had some form of energy pertaining to the weather ..

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: inlike that aswell , but i wouldn't mind having her do what i speculated AS LONG AS SHE APPLIES IT TO THE ATMOSPHERE .

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: her morals perhaps? I saw a scan of her manipulating silk or something another mutant generated because the silk had some form of energy pertaining to the weather ..

really? where?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@malachi_munroe said:

really? where?

In X-Treme X-Men The Arena...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

really? where?

In X-Treme X-Men The Arena...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

so you mean since the silk is made from energy, that's the reason why Storm can manipulate them. Am i correct?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: yes. I think the issue should have explained what type of energy the silk was made of, bit I assume the silk was composed of an elemental energy that fell under Storm's purview.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: yes. I think the issue should have explained what type of energy the silk was made of, bit I assume the silk was composed of an elemental energy that fell under Storm's purview.

I see. THat would explain why Storm can make a dress from lightning/electricity.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want her to use more Plasma I know she can do that.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want her to use more Plasma I know she can do that.

Huh?

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: @jhazzroucher: Guys i think the silk thing is NOT a reference to her being able to control the silk due to any energy, but to her incredible control over the winds, allowing her to weave the silk as easily as the elements. almost a telekinesis-like precision.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@devilsgrin81 said:

@thunderbolt30: @jhazzroucher: Guys i think the silk thing is NOT a reference to her being able to control the silk due to any energy, but to her incredible control over the winds, allowing her to weave the silk as easily as the elements. almost a telekinesis-like precision.

You know what...you're right. Thanks. I never interpreted the art and writing that way until you just clarified it :-). A good showing of precision air manipulation, and that she can still effect this energy with her wind manipulation.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.