Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Do you prefer long or short hair for Halle/Storm in XDoFP?

• 133 results
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Poll Do you prefer long or short hair for Halle/Storm in XDoFP? (26 votes)

Long White Hair 50%
    Short White Hair 54%

The first time I saw Halle Berry with the long white hair in the first X-men movie, it really felt like she was really Storm and that Storm is real. But the next x-men movies came and Halle's hair started to get shorter and shorter until we get a short hair in X-men: days of Future Past. I didn't like her hair because it was short and even the action figures of a short-haired Storm doesn't look even good. She doesn't even look noticeable in the X-men DoFP poster.

But some say it suits Halle. I know Halle looks good with a short hair too but she doesn't look like Storm.

So I want to know if most of us prefer Halle with the short hair in X-men: DoFP or you prefer her having a long white hair?

• 
    Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I didn't like either cut, but I just don't really like Halle as Storm. She's very bland and doesn't seem like a Goddess, she doesn't exude an aura of authority, charisma and power. Everything about her was very timid and muted. A combination of poor writing and not understanding the character in my opinion.I love the film, but I feel Jean, Scott and Ororo were shortchanged.

Don't even get me started on Rogue....................I swear watching her on screen just infuriates me.

@malachi_munroe: wait, the diamond form that MAGNETO WAS ABLE TO BREAK THROUGH WITHOUT FINDING HER NOW NONEXISTENT WEAK SPOT?! That diamond? That's why I'm mad. They were THAT MUCH OF A THREAT, because they could SKIN SHIFT??!! That's why they're bad?? Because they have a LESSER mutant's abilities??

PREACH MAGE! *still trying to figure out why the hell storm did't create winds in the opposing direction*

whiteMAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: I agree wholeheartedly.

However, visually, Halle lacks too much drama in her appearance, and flowing tresses would have helped that. The wig maker should have been fired, because beyonce, nicki, Ciara, and Kerry hilson don't keep their roots blonde, so wigs can be trained to adopt to their owner.

Her bangs were hideous, and her x2 style was just annoyingly OLD

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

However, visually, Halle lacks too much drama in her appearance, and flowing tresses would have helped that. The wig maker should have been fired, because beyonce, nicki, Ciara, and Kerry hilson don't keep their roots blonde, so wigs can be trained to adopt to their owner.

Come on mage, we know you can do better than that.....................that sh*t look like they let Stevie Wonder cut it.

whiteMAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: or throw objects with hurricane force. That would create the same effect as bishop

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whitemage: I felt like her entire presence in the show was a joint effort between Bendis and Singer...........................

whiteMAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: lol it's like how everyone that saw the first soul food movie thought Bird's hair was FIRE.....then time passed and they thought it was an overly protective tribble's mother

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@malachi_munroe: lol it's like how everyone that saw the first soul food movie thought Bird's hair was FIRE.....then time passed and they thought it was an overly protective tribble's mother

I know right...............the first time I watched X-1 I was like "ermagerd starmz!" now, that I look back, I'm just like...................and who exactly is this trick?

No Caption Provided

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@malachi_munroe: You can tell how badly they did Rogue because I completely forgot to mention her. Now that you mention Rogue though, I'd say that she actually got it the worst, she wasn't just changed from the comics, she was a completely different character in all but name.

Oh, Emma, Iceman, Colossus and Kitty got it bad too, especially Colossus. There are more I'm forgetting.

Yeah... I love the films, but a lot of major characters got screwed over big time.

@whitemage said:

Come on mage, we know you can do better than that.....................that sh*t look like they let Stevie Wonder cut it.

No Caption Provided

I hope they reboot at some point circa 2020 and get somebody new in to play her. Though to be honest, I'm not sure who in Hollywood could play her, maybe get an unknown. Kit Harington would be a good Wolverine though.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: That paper with the cast on it should have been burned the moment it was completed...........

whiteMAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: why didn't they just go for a Toni braxton or Angelina Jolie look??

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: why didn't they just go for a Toni braxton or Angelina Jolie look??

It's simple, the whole thing was orchestrated by infidels who deserve to be cast into the pit and burned.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Storm Calling

@whitemage: LOL, I was fortunate enough to avoid ALL of the power piece videos, tv spots and featurettes before seeing the movie(and I think that helped to some degree). It was totally ridiculous that they decided to spoil the whole movie just so they could get more people in the theater to see it, when they knew all of the future characters had very VERY limited roles to begin with. I learned my lesson when they pulled the same stunt for X3's ad campaign. The viral ad campaign sites that i came across were actually pretty insightful about what went down in between the past to future timelines and how it led up to that point. What i find most disappointing about these viral sites are that none of the content in them are actually explored to any significant degree in the movie), I know you probably don't want to see anything more about the movie, but these were pretty cool and helped fill in some gaps before I went in to see it.

http://www.25moments.com/#!/moments

http://www.thebentbullet.com/#!/home

http://www.trask-industries.com/#/about

The first one goes over 25 moments throughout history that led to the apocalyptic future; the second one explores Magneto's imprisonment and their version of Kennedy's assassination conspiracy; and the last one explores the technological advancements of trask industries(none of which was explored in the movie). A lot of that content could have really expanded the quality of the movie and given it some much needed exposition. It should've definitely been around 3 hours...

LMAO! at Jennifer Lawrence Mystique deciding to change her fighting style to Eddy Gordo's(I know all about Tekken :p). I also picked that up when i seen it the first time. It was definitely a massive step back from the First Class movie in terms of her appearance, but that may have been due to Jlaw complaining about the makeup process breaking her skin out or something(always some silly excuse). I think they decided to go with entirely new aesthetics and a body suit, and it really showed in this one. Rebecca's version was definitely the superior Mystique in terms of appearance, fighting abilities and being a capable and intelligent strategist.

Also great points about Singer getting rid of the people he didn't work with before. I hadn't noticed that before but he definitely worked with the Beast Actor and only allowed for a cameo role for Havok that was rather utterly pointless. I didn't much care for Emma, but there definitely should've been a significant explanation for her death. She has diamond form and telepathy. Not easy to overcome someone that powerful, and should not have been thrown under the bus in a throwaway line. I liked Banshee, Tempest and Azazel. It would've been nice to see a flash back of their death. They talk a little bit about it on the bent bullet site.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: he should be burned for making bobby and Roberto more harmful to the sentinels than Storm..........

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still believe Halle was fine as Storm. It was the short hair and the limited role that wasn't good.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jhazzroucher: If she had kept her accent, I might've felt differently in certain areas. But anyone who looks at Storm's character history, and legitimately thinks "Halle Berry should play her!!" Might not actually be a proper fan

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@storm_calling: thanks for the viral links......if only they had been combined with the comic story for an awesome movie.....question: what are you thinking about xmen:apocalypse? I love tom hardy, but if he plays him, I'm screaming racism from the hills.

Since it's a new movie, and a younger Storm, I think they will definitely go with long hair this time

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: thanks for the viral links......if only they had been combined with the comic story for an awesome movie.....question: what are you thinking about xmen:apocalypse? I love tom hardy, but if he plays him, I'm screaming racism from the hills.

Since it's a new movie, and a younger Storm, I think they will definitely go with long hair this time

did you hear they're focusing on Charles/Mystique and Erik?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: If she had kept her accent, I might've felt differently in certain areas. But anyone who looks at Storm's character history, and legitimately thinks "Halle Berry should play her!!" Might not actually be a proper fan

I see.

Tom Hardy? Hmmmm..... I may not want him to be Apocalypse.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white_mage said:

I don't really like the sound of it.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL! Knowing Singer and hollywood(look no further than the upcoming Exodus: Gods and Kings), I wouldn't put it past them.

Loving the potential of X-men:Apocalypse, but every time I think about how Singer and Fox always squanders that potential I can never get myself excited for it. I'm happy they are finally moving away from Halle as Storm though, but knowing Singer is behind the recasting just doesn't sit well with me. I'll see how it goes of course, but my expectations are low.

I heard he wanted to make the scope bigger and more of a "disaster" movie, and focus on the concept of mutants as gods. There's so much potential there for Storm with those key elements, but I doubt it'll be anything like we're hoping. lol

They will make it all about Jlaw/Charles/Erik again and I just don't want to see a movie like that all over. If he were smart, he'd focus on the actual X-men for once, and give Storm, Jean and Cyclops a proper origin with an interesting team dynamic and personalities.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@storm_calling: Brian? give Storm the credit she deserves? I'm sorry SC but did storm suddenly gain adamantium claws and a penis? Because that's the only way I see this happening.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@white_mage said:

I don't really like the sound of it.

I don't either. I'd very much like to see Cyclops and Storm get some more screen time.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman: Scott, Storm and Jean.........Is who we want to see. We've had enough of the guy with anger problems and his peacekeeping friend who bangs the blue bimbo.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Pizzaman

@pizzaman: Scott, Storm and Jean.........Is who we want to see. We've had enough of the guy with anger problems and his peacekeeping friend who bangs the blue bimbo.

No Caption Provided

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Also are you RLAAMJR on the CBR Forums? Your posting style seems similar...

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman said:

@malachi_munroe said:

No Caption Provided

Ugh........like seriously..........when are we going to get more out of the characters that we really want to see? I mean, watching X-1 I was excited I was all "ermagerd Starm and Jeanzzzzz!" now I'm like.............who are those tricks?? get me the real women please!

@pizzaman said:

@jhazzroucher: Also are you RLAAMJR on the CBR Forums? Your posting style seems similar...

Yep..............also Rybstji..........and a few more.

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pizzaman said:

@malachi_munroe said:

No Caption Provided

Ugh........like seriously..........when are we going to get more out of the characters that we really want to see? I mean, watching X-1 I was excited I was all "ermagerd Starm and Jeanzzzzz!" now I'm like.............who are those tricks?? get me the real women please!

@pizzaman said:

I knew it!!! Not alot of Cyclops friendly Storm fans on CBR. Always nice to see good Storm fans.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By jhazzroucher

@pizzaman said:

Yes i am. what's ur name at cbr?

@pizzaman said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@pizzaman said:

@malachi_munroe said:

No Caption Provided

@pizzaman said:

I knew it!!! Not alot of Cyclops friendly Storm fans on CBR. Always nice to see good Storm fans.

I'm "good"??? Thank you so much.

@malachi_munroe:

malachi, he said "good" to me. : )

Pizzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I have the same name over on CBR. I only have about 60 posts over there. Not that active.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By jhazzroucher

@pizzaman said:

@jhazzroucher: I have the same name over on CBR. I only have about 60 posts over there. Not that active.

I see. Thank you for letting me know. :)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.