Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?

• 54 results
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

The same thing happens to everything else!

Boomshakalaka! lol

But serious-- This topic is about Halle Berry's eventual return as Storm in the x-men movies. It's well known Halle's performance as Storm wasn't the best it could have been. Many people want her gone and recast with a better actress while others think a cast change would be awkward to have her replaced when watching the x-films. Obviously whatever choices is made will have consequences on the character and the any upcoming movie featuring Storm. What do you think should happen to Storm?

1) Have her replaced with a different actress who is more capable and can bring more justice to the role. This would not only potentially restore Storm's reputation that Halle kinda tarnished but it would also allow the x-films to have some heavy duty girl power and be a better version that is more loyal to the comics.

2) Keep Halle at this point. Replacing her would be weird and out of place since she has been in 3 films already. The best solution for keeping Halle would for her to work on her acting, research the part better and have Bryan Singer take her character and part more seriously in his movie. There is still hope for Halle yet.... right?

3) Reduce/remove Storm from the films. (Which I hope nobody wants. She hasn't had a part in the last 2 x-films and I personally want to see her back.)

4) Reboot the entire series. Start from scratch with everyone and do the job right this time-- especially with Storm.

5) Any other ideas?

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Blood1991

4. once again more a general X-Men question, but whatever. "Also never quote Halle Storm I want to forget that ever happened."

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Gambit1024

I could deal with 3.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Blood1991

@Gambit1024 said:

I could deal with 3.

If Fox is making the movies then it would be the best option.... For every X-Man.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Roddy010

@poisonfleur: No you did not use that line...lol

Impala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Impala

such cliche

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By WARLOCK2792

"Do you know what happens when Halle Berry attempts a Kenyan accent?"

"It sounds like Halle Berry attempting a Kenyan accent, and is consequently removed from future scripts"

4,1, and 3

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Twentyfive

DANCE PARTY!!!

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Roddy010

@White Mage said:

"Do you know what happens when Halle Berry attempts a Kenyan accent?"

"It sounds like Halle Berry attempting a Kenyan accent, and is consequently removed from future scripts"

4,1, and 3

LOL

NazarethSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NazarethSavage

What makes you think Halle Berry will be Storm again? Did I miss something? Is that confirmed? Why would they bother having her play Storm again with her age and how poorly she performed in the previous trilogy? Also doesn't First Class pretty much suggest that they rebooted? I don't think the future of the series will lead to what the previous films were..they can't. People have aged, alot of those actors were terrible and I know the creators have heard.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11  Edited By McKlayn

@NazarethSavage said:

What makes you think Halle Berry will be Storm again? Did I miss something? Is that confirmed? Why would they bother having her play Storm again with her age and how poorly she performed in the previous trilogy? Also doesn't First Class pretty much suggest that they rebooted? I don't think the future of the series will lead to what the previous films were..they can't. People have aged, alot of those actors were terrible and I know the creators have heard.

They insist its not a reboot, more like something Star wars did i guess? And as far as i know halle berry has not agreed to play storm again at all

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ItsDaveyJ

I want a mixture. I would like a reboot as well as a new actress for Storm.

If the story features a young Storm and has her story prior to joining the X-men when she's a thief in Africa up until she joins the X-men then I would like Nicole Beharie:

If the story features a mature and refined Storm with compassion, grace, and leadership abilities then I would like Kerry Washington:

Kerry would just need to bulk up though. She's so skinny! And maybe talk in a lower register since her voice is naturally quite high.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@ItsDaveyJ: In The Last King of Scotland, she pulled off a great accent. And in the movie "Life is Hard In Cracktown", she played a transgender person and pulled off a deeper tone surprisingly well.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blood1991

@Twentyfive said:

DANCE PARTY!!!

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ItsDaveyJ

@White Mage said:

@ItsDaveyJ: In The Last King of Scotland, she pulled off a great accent. And in the movie "Life is Hard In Cracktown", she played a transgender person and pulled off a deeper tone surprisingly well.

She's a great actress so it doesn't surprise me that she could manage to do both and do them well. I really think that she's the best option out of the talent that has already been discovered. Who knows though, there could be some unknown actress who would work as well.

Also: If you watch some episodes of her current TV show Scandal you will see some parallels between her character Olivia Pope and Storm. It wouldn't require much of a jump for her to play Storm. She would just need to soften some of the hardness of Olivia since Storm is a bit more compassionate. Especially with kids.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tupiaz

Why is a reboot needed? Why just not tell a new story in the same universe.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @tupiaz said:
    That's what they are doing already, but because they messed up so many things..I think they are going to pretty much have to retcon alot of what happened in the original trilogy.
    tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By tupiaz

Now I haven't seen the movies for many years also I'm no expert. But I can see how the movie conflicts with any of the other movies. Remember the movies are their own universe. I found them good and show the X-Men in a fair light. I also found the Amazing Spider-Man movie unneeded and just will confuse new readers more than necessary. Then there was the hole problem with Peter Parker using a skateboard and the problem with Lizard not Doctor Octopus killing George Stacy.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PassionFlower

Reboot the series and ban Halle from the premises. Barring that recast the role but under no circumstances may Halle don the cape and lightening earrings (if she wore them) again.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By poisonfleur

LOL It's Official-- We want Storm back-- But we don't want Halle back. *sigh* How is this going to work out in upcoming x-movies?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By poisonfleur

@ItsDaveyJ: I Love her in Scandal!!!

And you are right, she does have a high voice... and should would have to bulk up.. You know she played Shuri in the black panther animation? As Storm... I wonder if she could possibly pull it off, Ms.Washington? I like her-- but-- hmm.. as Storm. I wonder...

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ItsDaveyJ

@poisonfleur said:

@ItsDaveyJ: I Love her in Scandal!!!

And you are right, she does have a high voice... and should would have to bulk up.. You know she played Shuri in the black panther animation? As Storm... I wonder if she could possibly pull it off, Ms.Washington? I like her-- but-- hmm.. as Storm. I wonder...

I Youtube'd her in the Last King of Scotland and she's the only female voice you hear in the trailer. When I heard her do the accent... I could hear her voice working for Storm. If she lowered her voice a bit she would sound pretty close to Jill Scott. Personally, I wouldn't want the accent to be THAT heavy though. By the time she's matured she should have lost some of that accent. And really... bulking up isn't that much of an issue. I mean look how much Chris Evans bulks up for Captain America. Everyone kicks their fitness into high gear for superhero movies. I'm quite confident she could pull off the role convincingly. If anything, it would be leaps and bounds better than what Halle Berry was able to do with the character. Plus she also has that kind of elegance and grace that works perfectly for Storm. And lastly, she's a good actress. I see a lot of people who share their opinions on who would be good for the role but the majority of them are just models or well known people who haven't proven they can act. I think people just are too concerned with the visual aspect of whether or not she looks like Storm and not enough that the actress has to be able to do a good job portraying her. Not just looking like her. Like if I see Iman or Naomi Campbell come up again as potential Storms I'll go nuts.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Vance Astro said:

@tupiaz said:
    That's what they are doing already, but because they messed up so many things..I think they are going to pretty much have to retcon alot of what happened in the original trilogy.

They effed up so badly...........in so many ways...............and the Xavier/Magneto relationship makes no sense to me whatsoever.............unless they were gay.......and they weren't........so it's back to making no sense.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Mercy_

Can't even lie, that was one of the cheesiest lines in a movie.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Mercy_

Kerry Washington could actually do an amazing job as Storm O_o

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @White Mage said:

@Vance Astro said:

@tupiaz said:

They effed up so badly...........in so many ways...............and the Xavier/Magneto relationship makes no sense to me whatsoever.............unless they were gay.......and they weren't........so it's back to making no sense.

What?
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Mercy_ said:

I've mentioned her name as an option, and I still stick by it. Halle Berry was a terrible choice, and seeing these other actresses faces is like salt in the wounds.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Vance Astro said:

@White Mage said:

@Vance Astro said:

@tupiaz said:

What?

The original films lead me to believe that Magneto and Xavier were extremely close, and had a strong relationship that was torn apart due to a major difference of opinion. When, in reality, they knew each other for, like, 4 weeks......you don't forgive someone for making you a cripple after a 4 weeks-long relationship

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mercy_

@White Mage said:

@Mercy_ said:

I've mentioned her name as an option, and I still stick by it. Halle Berry was a terrible choice, and seeing these other actresses faces is like salt in the wounds.

They went for the big money name as opposed to the best fit with Halle, which I understand, I just don't respect.

Kerry definitely has the ability to pull of a badass, regal female, she's doing just that as Olivia Pope.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @White Mage said:

The original films lead me to believe that Magneto and Xavier were extremely close, and had a strong relationship that was torn apart due to a major difference of opinion. When, in reality, they knew each other for, like, 4 weeks......you don't forgive someone for making you a cripple after a 4 weeks-long relationship

I think they knew each other for far longer than that. I believe First Class skipped ahead quite a bit from beginning to end.
    UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By UltraBiel

A Dream of mine: Next movie ---> Days of a future past ----> moonhawk storm included.

A boy can dream...

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By tupiaz

@ White Mage From what I remember from the old X-men stories there was a kind of understanding of each other and Xaiver has also shown this. If I remember correctly Xaiver had a lot of understanding for the idea behind Genosha as a mutant country/Island

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Vance Astro said:

@White Mage said:

I think they knew each other for far longer than that. I believe First Class skipped ahead quite a bit from beginning to end.

Sigh, I just wish that they would've spent more time developing their interactions, and their discovery of mutants, and built up the eventual dissolution of the original X-Men...even the original showed them finding Jean Grey together

Another retcon they made was Magneto's involvement in the creation of Cerebro....he didn't have any involvement in the process. :(

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@tupiaz said:

@ White Mage From what I remember from the old X-men stories there was a kind of understanding of each other and Xaiver has also shown this. If I remember correctly Xaiver had a lot of understanding for the idea behind Genosha as a mutant country/Island

Personally, I would've loved to have seen less government involvement with the X-Men, such as with the building of Cerebro. It would've been much more powerful if they had shown Xavier and Magneto pouring blood sweat and tears into the building of the original X-Men, and their tech.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @White Mage said:

Sigh, I just wish that they would've spent more time developing their interactions, and their discovery of mutants, and built up the eventual dissolution of the original X-Men...even the original showed them finding Jean Grey together

Another retcon they made was Magneto's involvement in the creation of Cerebro....he didn't have any involvement in the process. :(

I don't, because Charles won't matter in the next film. He'll have the blanket on his legs. First Class was as good as an X-Men film is going to get. There was some issues but it was good enough.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Vance Astro said:

@White Mage said:

I don't, because Charles won't matter in the next film. He'll have the blanket on his legs. First Class was as good as an X-Men film is going to get. There was some issues but it was good enough.

THAT'S it though. I LOVED First Class, and I loved the characters they showed in it. But, now there's a giant question mark on how they're going to fix these issues with canon...........and apparently Charles is going to be a bitter man in the next film, according to his actor.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By poisonfleur

@ItsDaveyJ: @Mercy_: You both are right. As Olivia Pope she is a classy, regal, leader. Also she has taken on a few different roles where she has had to voice different African accents. I agree--- Jill's Scott's take on Storm wasn't bad... it just felt a bit too African and a bit old.

Did anyone hear Strom's voice in Astonishing X-men?

It's reminds me of Halle Berry + one of the video game versions of Storm. It's alright... :/

I still want a Dawnn Lewis voice-- like in X-men legends 2 and Marvel's Avenger's Alliances.

My only concern is.. Kerry is beautiful. But her face isn't the first choice that comes to mind as Storm.. :/

hmm.. am I being too critical?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mercy_

@poisonfleur: I don't think you're being too critical at all, I personally think she's on the short side to play Storm, even if everything else is nearly spot on. Sometimes we make personal allowances, though. Like, even if she's not the perfect visual representation, I think she'd handle the personality and nature of Storm perfectly and isn't that what really matters?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By poisonfleur

@Mercy_ said:

@poisonfleur: I don't think you're being too critical at all, I personally think she's on the short side to play Storm, even if everything else is nearly spot on. Sometimes we make personal allowances, though. Like, even if she's not the perfect visual representation, I think she'd handle the personality and nature of Storm perfectly and isn't that what really matters?

Yes. You are right. It just bites considering- If Storm is portrayed in another x-men movie, she has to be perfect. I remember when she was just as popular as Wolverine. And I feel Halle's performance really made Storm seem so average. I mean she was alright in X-men the last stand.. but ehh.. Storm is SOOOO on the upswing in popularity again. She is no doubt going to appear in the movies again. And they need her to be perfect.

Another lady who has GREAT acting skills for Storm, but visually doesn't look like Storm is Sophie Okonedo. Her acting reminds me of Storm is certain films.. but I hate to say this.. She doesn't look like Storm to me.

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By tomlikesfries

@Blood1991 said:

@Twentyfive said:

DANCE PARTY!!!

Best... GIF... Ever

Edit: Actually, it isn't the best GIF. This is:

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By fodigg

I don't like Halle Berry as Storm. Recast pls.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storms new look

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ItsDaveyJ

I think you are being a little critical. There likely won't be a "perfect match" for her out there. And I'd rather get a solid actress for her than someone who 100% looks the part.

And I actually think her face is perfect for it. It's hard to say that someone really "looks" the part because Storm's face changes quite drastically with every artist who renders her. Some people draw her with very sharp and chiseled features and others draw her with softer and more delicate features... It's up to the artist's interpretation. But in my mind I can see Kerry pulling it off very well.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Twentyfive

@tomlikesfries: Too true. lol.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Storm Calling

Honestly, with Bryan Singer running the show, it's very doubtful we'll get anything good with Storm

I vote for this one, minus the bolded

2) Keep Halle at this point. Replacing her would be weird and out of place since she has been in 3 films already. The best solution for keeping Halle would for her to work on her acting, research the part better and have Bryan Singer take her character and part more seriously in his movie. There is still hope for Halle yet.... right?

Too late, just keep her as Storm(if there will be a future Storm). In the First Class timeline, recast and find a suitable actress. Give her back her accent(considering she had one in X1), a good backstory scene, and a good showing of her dramatics with claustrophobia.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Video_Martian

yup, Storm will be back...

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Storm Calling said:

Honestly, with Bryan Singer running the show, it's very doubtful we'll get anything good with Storm

Too late, just keep her as Storm(if there will be a future Storm). In the First Class timeline, recast and find a suitable actress. Give her back her accent(considering she had one in X1), a good backstory scene, and a good showing of her dramatics with claustrophobia.

Oh, yes, Bryan Singer....................................He definitely "loves" storm

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage said:

@Storm Calling said:

Oh, yes, Bryan Singer....................................He definitely "loves" storm

Oh Gawd... White Mage you are so not funny.. Bryan Singer can not create roles for women.... I mean the only justice he did was Mystique and Lady Deathstrike and they were eye candy to make Wolverine look good.... >_>

Is hugh jackman giving bryan singer special favors on the set to get more screen time?? lol JK JK JK!

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ItsDaveyJ

@poisonfleur said:

Is hugh jackman giving bryan singer special favors on the set to get more screen time?? lol JK JK JK!

Would I be able to get a video of that? Minus the Bryan Singer?

Um... nevermind <.<;;

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Blood1991

@HopesummersFORtheFUTURE said:

storms new look

Yep and I cannot get over how epic it is

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.