Do we actually want Storm and BP to reconcile?

#1 Posted by poisonfleur (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm & Black Panther--

Is their relationship even worth bringing back together?

Do we want to see them returned together, civil, or rival/enemies.

He really did Storm wrong this entire event.

Thoughts on what we want to see with these two next.

#2 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

Storm & Black Panther--

Is their relationship even worth bringing back together?

Do we want to see them returned together, civil, or rival/enemies.

He really did Storm wrong this entire event.

Thoughts on what we want to see with these two next.

No. And even if we did I don't think Storm would WANT to go back to him.

#3 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah. I don't want to see them get back together. Marvel has done nothing to make me want to support them being paired up again. I don't think I'd want them to be enemies. I'd want them to be civil but have noticeable past-relationship tension, since I think it would make for interesting reading, and I want that door to remain open to further Storm's exposure potential. In A+X I would like to see a meaningful discussion about their relationship and why it failed, have them beat someone's a$$ together, and then leave each other with still looming tension in the air.

#4 Posted by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved them together and I was their biggest fan (ok one of them) but now I don't know. They broke them up in August and they won't even have a conversation til January and with Aaron writing it goodness knows what that will look like. As a fan I feel extraordinarily disrespected. I understand everybody didn't love them and I understand couples in comics breakup but a proper ending was called for. All I wanted was an "I'm sorry, I made mistakes/ I'm sorry I made mistakes too" or them letting each other have it AND then decide to be friends and move on. But now I'm like Aaron already has moved her on and I hope (and suspect) Hickman will do the same with him. So...not really, give Idris T'Challa Elba a new Queen.

#5 Edited by PassionFlower (963 posts) - - Show Bio

...in fact I never even considered the possibility, I've been entertaining notions of who would be Queen next because if he became a whore ala Stark I would be disappointed.

#6 Posted by poisonfleur (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting thoughts you guys!

Thunderbolt- I really like your idea on that a whole. It really does leave the door WIDE open for many possibilities and character development.

& @PassionFlower: Something tell me you would love to write a Storm story for Marvel and actually do a very good job with the writing & dialogue

#7 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

bp needs to move on man, more fishs in the sea.

#8 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

No she beat him senseless and he dumped her to the curve without evening hearing her out. That is my definition of a nasty divorce.

#9 Posted by Marksman (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

No, they're just not right for each other.

#10 Posted by Storm Calling (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

No she beat him senseless and he dumped her to the curve without evening hearing her out. That is my definition of a nasty divorce.

No, she beat him senseless and dumped him(after trying to hear him out). She was the one who tossed the ring to the curve first, well before he annulled the marriage(Avx vs #5 happened before Avx #9)!

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@Blood1991 said:

No, she beat him senseless and dumped him(after trying to hear him out). She was the one who tossed the ring to the curve first, well before he annulled the marriage(Avx vs #5 happened before Avx #9)!

See it was a mess and is better off being dismissed as a bad move. Lol I think she was emotional and then calmed down and wanted to talk it out.

#12 Posted by Storm Calling (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I don't agree that Storm did anything wrong in that situation. She went to him first to try an reason with him before she started fighting. He was the one who didn't want to hear anything and wanted to fight.

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: I think they both made mistakes here and there, but I think she was more in the right than he was. I really want Hickman to explain why he wouldn't talk to her either time.

#14 Edited by Storm Calling (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling: I think they both made mistakes here and there, but I think she was more in the right than he was. I really want Hickman to explain why he wouldn't talk to her either time.

I agree, she definitely made mistakes, like trusting the P5 and bolting out of a very important Avengers meeting. But I don't agree that this was something that could have been any different, considering she didn't know any better. If her husband had been honest with her from the beginning, then she would have siding with the Avengers in the beginning. Avx #9 is proof that she would have, when she went behind the P5's back to free them from the limbo prisons.

Even if she would have stayed at the meeting do you think she would have made a difference? As far as they knew the PF was coming and they were hell bent on capturing Hope regardless of what she would have said. It stands to reason that she never would have allowed them to take Hope unless someone alerted her of the devastation it would have caused for her to make that choice.

#15 Posted by stormphoenix (944 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah I think she is fine were she is

#16 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Leave his ass.

I wonder if she signed a pre-nup. Take half of Wakanda as a giant middle finger to him.

#17 Posted by UltraBiel (328 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell no! And rival/enemies relationship would be good to see in marvel now!

#18 Posted by McKlayn (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

nope, leave them be they tried it it failed, move on.

#19 Posted by jhazzroucher (16390 posts) - - Show Bio

No for me.

#20 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Nothing good or interesting ever came out of that marriage.

#21 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

The poor woman was torn..........I'd like something to happen between them again..............something peaceful

#22 Posted by Agent9149 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm doesn't belong in wakanda. At all. They are too bourgeoisie and traditional

#23 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Agent9149 said:

Storm doesn't belong in wakanda. At all. They are too bourgeoisie and traditional

They'd turn on her in a second......but I still want her to have some kind of peace with T'Challa

#24 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

The poor woman was torn..........I'd like something to happen between them again..............something peaceful

I want to see how Bast reacts to Storm now. I think she would still have mad respect for Ororo, and wouldn't mind seeing Bast explain the vision she gave to T'challa and hopefully have a reasonable explanation as to why T'Challa never told her the one thing that would have made all the difference to their marriage.

#25 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

I want to see how Bast reacts to Storm now. I think she would still have mad respect for Ororo, and wouldn't mind seeing Bast explain the vision she gave to T'challa and hopefully have a reasonable explanation as to why T'Challa never told her the one thing that would have made all the difference to their marriage.

As would I........I would also like for Storm to tell Bast that she demands some goddess panther powers for puttiing up with that man for so long.

#26 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

Bast is simply............Bast. lol

I'd love to see her and Storm have an interaction post AVX as well.

#27 Posted by Storm Calling (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

As would I........I would also like for Storm to tell Bast that she demands some goddess panther powers for puttiing up with that man for so long.

LOL! Agreed

#28 Edited by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

LOL! Agreed

PantherStorm..........minus the responsibilities.

#29 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

HA!

#30 Posted by Night Thrasher (3705 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel had one of the most positive power couples for people of color and ruined it. He was a King, respected scholar and overall Bad@$$. She was a leader of mutants, a queen and worshiped as a Goddess. A positive light on Africans and good role models. The Huxtables of the comic book universe, and Marvel somehow messed that up!

#31 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

HA!

Hey........Storm gets possessed. Then we see her make a panther face in the clouds.....Lightning eyes/whiskers/teeth......Badassness!

#32 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Night Thrasher said:

Marvel had one of the most positive power couples for people of color and ruined it. He was a King, respected scholar and overall Bad@$$. She was a leader of mutants, a queen and worshiped as a Goddess. A positive light on Africans and good role models. The Huxtables of the comic book universe, and Marvel somehow messed that up!

Mcduffie made it work, I will always wonder what could have been if he had lived to write them in a series "R.I.P"

#33 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Night Thrasher said:

Mcduffie made it work, I will always wonder what could have been if he had lived to write them in a series "R.I.P"

A marriage that rivaled Sue and Reed..........then probably surpassed them!

#34 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Night Thrasher said:

We will never know, but I think your right. He wrote them perfectly together.

#35 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Night Thrasher said:

We will never know, but I think your right. He wrote them perfectly together.

I would of also like to see his take of their kids.

#36 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: Yes, I've wondered about that. Would they be wild or well behaved? Would they get along with Valerie and Franklin? What would their abilities be? *Sigh* so much wasted potential.

#37 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Son Of Storm: Yes, I've wondered about that. Would they be wild or well behaved? Would they get along with Valerie and Franklin? What would their abilities be? *Sigh* so much wasted potential.

#38 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

Would love that lol. On T'Challa's next communion with his god, he'd look in shock and awe, as Storm showed u instead with an evil smile on her face >:-)...she says...

#39 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@Blood1991 said:

:O Just say no

#40 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

Would love that lol. On T'Challa's next communion with his god, he'd look in shock and awe, as Storm showed u instead with an evil smile on her face >:-)...she says...

Then when she gets tired of that she can take this new Phoenix that seems to be a mutant wh0re and get that power to wipe Wakanda off the planet.

#41 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10782 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm: YES >:-D!....you got me prayin' for that ish to happen lol...

#42 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

Lol.

#43 Posted by Roddy010 (5378 posts) - - Show Bio

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

PATTI!

#44 Posted by Son Of Storm (11297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

PATTI!

Calm down Roddy. Lol.

#45 Posted by poisonfleur (3111 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even going to lie, I am a bit pissed at how Whackanda has been treating Storm over the past few years. AvX was just an excuse to shoot her out of the sky or try to anyways.

Storm is such a character of justice-- to have an entire country hating her is frustrating. Where is her voice in all of them madness???

(I could give or take Black Panther..)

@Son Of Storm said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@White Mage said:

Best thing ever posted in the Storm forums^

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio

I want, Storm and BP retconned.

Moderator Online
#47 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

I was PROMISED CHILDREN!!

#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91364 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:

@Vance Astro said:

You were promised..NOTHING! :P
Moderator Online
#49 Posted by Mutant God (3081 posts) - - Show Bio

Uatu did say they were going to have children so I think their is some plan to get them back together

#50 Posted by White Mage (18748 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@White Mage said:

@Vance Astro said:

You were promised..NOTHING! :P

Yes I WAS, by Uatu's lyin A$$!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.