Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Casting idea for Storm

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Personally I loved Halle Berry as Storm in the X-Films franchise, most of all in X3! However (stop rolling ur eyes lol) I am aware that this is not the popular opinion amongst the masses, with many calling for a re-cast in the future.

So needless to say when i saw the regal and beautiful Lupita Nyong'oat the Golden Globes on Mondayi immediately thought she would be a great Storm actress, especially going forward with franchise as Halle is getting a lil bit older….not to mention the fact that Miss Lupita already knows how to the rock the heck out of a cape gurrrrrl :) :)

No Caption Provided

Would she be a good successor to Halle Berry? I did flit over whether her actual African-ness might end up being a bit too on the nose and uninspired for this character….? What do u think?

No Caption Provided

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

omg i just mentioned her! I think she'd make an inspired choice.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

HA!

I swear I was going to post her as a option. She is gorgeous and she can act. (+)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

omg i just mentioned her! I think she'd make an inspired choice.

Agreed. I have never heard of her but she is stunning.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Danai Gurira would be my pick.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle
    THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cloakx14 said:

Danai Gurira would be my pick.

I LOVE her on Walking Dead.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

me, too she's awesome on that show.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not me.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wtk1013

I think Lupita Nyong'o is a great actress for Storm.Lupita has recently had her first film and was great in it, she played in 12 Years a Slave and I can tell she is a amazing actress and has a lot of potential.Lupita was actually born in Mexico but she was raised in Kenya and actually is Kenyan.She naturally has an accent and a lot of fans want storm to have an accent in live action films! So yea Lupita should be Storm!!She also looks the part to, all she needs is white weave and blue colored contacts and shes Strom!

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wtk1013 said:

I think Lupita Nyong'o is a great actress for Storm.Lupita has recently had her first film and was great in it, she played in 12 Years a Slave and I can tell she is a amazing actress and has a lot of potential.Lupita was actually born in Mexico but she was raised in Kenya and actually is Kenyan.She naturally has an accent and a lot of fans want storm to have an accent in live action films! So yea Lupita should be Storm!!She also looks the part to, all she needs is white weave and blue colored contacts and shes Strom!

Lupita could totally rock Mohawk Storm!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wtk1013 said:

Lupita could totally rock Mohawk Storm!

I don't find Lupita fierce, strong nor beautiful.

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ouch. I think Lupita would make a great Storm actually. I still would prefer someone a bit more like Angela Bassett and Kerry Washington could also be acceptable.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ouch. I think Lupita would make a great Storm actually. I still would prefer someone a bit more like Angela Bassett and Kerry Washington could also be acceptable.

No she won't. Black Jubilee probably.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wtk1013

@jhazzroucher: how do u know she wont make a great storm? You dont just like I dont know if she will make a awsome Storm and If you have seen 12 years a slave you would know Lupita is strong and you need to see better pictures of her.but everyone has their own opinion but its a fact that she is beautiful lol.also she just won an oscar.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By devilsgrin81

Lupita is now an Oscar winning actress. In the grand tradition (re: Halle is an Oscar Winner) of only having oscar winners playing storm... she should totally be cast in the re-boot thats sure to come after apocalypse finally hits.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angela Bassett is ancient. She cannot be Storm. Not anymore. Kerry Washington? for serious? She's a great actress, but she's just like Halle... no majesty. Its the key ingredient in the Storm mix. the actress MUST have and be able to project majesty. Neither Kerry or Halle do, and neither have ever shown it in any of their performances. Angela has it, no question. But she's way too old to be playing an action hero.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jhazzroucher

Lupita is now an Oscar winning actress. In the grand tradition (re: Halle is an Oscar Winner) of only having oscar winners playing storm... she should totally be cast in the re-boot thats sure to come after apocalypse finally hits.

I still prefer Zoe over her.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: i think Zoe makes the better choice - because she's so well known in the genre... and thankfully even tho she's in GotG... you can't really see her since she's Gamora. But Lupita is becoming the best alternate...if she isn't already the best alternative to Zoe Saldana

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: i totally agree, its tradition after all hehe :) and a fine one at that! Only the best for Storm :) :)

MoonStar757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MoonStar757

@wtk1013: here are some better pics

No Caption Provided

I especially like this first dress bcos the colour and the simple elegance is so reminiscent of Storm. It looks like somethin' she'd where :)

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jhazzroucher

@moonstorm said:

@wtk1013: here are some better pics

No Caption Provided

I especially like this first dress bcos the colour and the simple elegance is so reminiscent of Storm. It looks like somethin' she'd where :)

No Caption Provided

But the face is just different. She doesn't look Storm at all. Being black doesn't mean she can play Storm's role.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By wtk1013

Storm's face doesn't look the exact same at all times because she is being drawn by many different artists. So, we just need someone beautiful that can pull off the role as Storm.Halle and Lupita are both beautiful,but we know Halle wasn't exactly great as Storm and we should atleast give Lupita a chance.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wtk1013 said:

Storm's face doesn't look the exact same at all times because she is being drawn by many different artists. So, we just need someone beautiful that can pull off the role as Storm.Halle and Lupita are both beautiful,but we know Halle wasn't exactly great as Storm and we should atleast give Lupita a chance.

Why not Tyra Banks?

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By devilsgrin81

@wtk1013 said:

Why not Tyra Banks?

PMSL!!! thats the funniest thing i've EVER heard.

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
    mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tyra Banks is a model, and a mediocre actress. I mean she would do Storm justice if eye candy is the case..Other than that no lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.