Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Anyone disappointed Storm didn't get any action in X-men?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So Brian Wood's All Ladies 1st X-men arc has come to a close. And to be honest... I am a little disappointed that all the ladies got action and displayed their powers except for Storm. (With the exception of Jubs, but who cares? The main first arc focuses around her and her child, plus she's a vampire... :/) I can tell Oliver really wanted to do Storm some real justice with is art. Every page Storm looks magnificent (same for all the x-ladies, but Storm, Rogue, and Psylocke especially.)

It seems Storm's leadership position allows her to delegate rather than being the main offense. If anyone is doing most of the action, it's Rogue, Kitty, and Psylocke. It surprised me that the x-students had more action than Ororo. With that being said, it was good to see Bling, Oya, Pixie, Hellion, and Surge get some shine. I guess it was a fair trade.

It's alright, but I need more of a Storm fix. lol When we have uncanny x-force for the past 3 issues focusing on Psylocke and her bootycall of a love-triangle. That's another book Storm is absent from. Plus All-new x-men/Bendis never did anything for Storm's character. I guess the ending of X-men's first arc leaves the door open for more Rachel and Storm action....

Disclaimer: I think everyone on the team are huge Storm fans-- both Brian and his artists. Maybe he has worked with Storm so much (Last X-men run and Ultimate x-men) that he wants to change it up and focus on other character like Jubs who haven't had any real development in a while.
    What do you think?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Storm usually takes the limelight far too much, nice for a change now and then.

Knightfall225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope

MrShway88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

Storm appears in many titles so i wouldn't mind if characters like Jubille and psylocke got some spotlight for a change.
    When you are doing team book you should favor the lesser known characters so they can grow on the reader

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@poisonfleur: I get your point. Storm doesn't seem to be given much attention on this book but maybe in the future.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By poisonfleur
    @maccyd said:

Storm usually takes the limelight far too much, nice for a change now and then.

Do you think so?? I guess compared to other ladies of the x-men maybe.. I dunno. I am old school guy. I like Wolverine, Cyclops, & Storm as equals. X-trinity ftw! & I had the impression that this was her team book. Like Cyclops for Uncanny X-men.

@squalleon said:

Storm appears in many titles so i wouldn't mind if characters like Jubille and psylocke got some spotlight for a change.

When you are doing team book you should favor the lesser known characters so they can grow on the reader

I agree with Jubilee. But Psylocke? No. No. No. X-men was a 3 issues arc so far. The last 3 uncanny x-force issues have been solely about Psylocke and her hook-ups with Cluster and the Fantomexes. Don't get me wrong, I like Psylocke and this x-men arc displayed her powers in some of the most original way yet, imo.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Anyone that reads the book when did Jubilee get knocked up? And I am sure they will focus on Storm in the future I mean she is the leader of the team after all.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By poisonfleur

@br_havoc said:

Anyone that reads the book when did Jubilee get knocked up? And I am sure they will focus on Storm in the future I mean she is the leader of the team after all.

She found the child and decided that she will raise 'Shogo' as her own seeing as she was an orphan herself. I guess, it just sucks that on the debut arc, Storm and Jubilee didn't use their powers. Although for Jubs, I can understand why.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc said:

She found the child and decided that she will raise 'Shogo' as her own seeing as she was an orphan herself. I guess, it just sucks that on the debut arc, Storm and Jubilee didn't use their powers. Although for Jubs, I can understand why.

Hopefully Storm will get some focus. I am so waiting for her to be the focus character on Uncanny x-force and x-men

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

nope

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm will be doing more in upcoming UXF issues so let's just wait for her to do more in adjectiveless x-men book. it's still issue #3

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.