Follow

Stjepan Šejić

Person » Stjepan Šejić is credited in 589 issues.

A comic book artist who has done artwork for numerous comic book publishers such as DC, Top Cow, Dynamite, Marvel and Image Comics.

Ravine comic by Sejic

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Has anyone else been reading Ravine? I picked up the first trade. Sejic's art is still stellar. The story itself was just standard for me. Not bad or badly written, but nothing to write home about. None of the characters stood out and the world itself didn't wow me. I'm going to pick up the next trade but I hope the story improves otherwise I might drop this one.

lightsout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I had to look it up here on CV and you're not kidding, that's pretty awesome art.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sejic's art is just gorgeous. I'll never understand why they'd take him off Witchblade and Artifacts to replace him with inferior artists

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I have actually. As you said, story is nothing to write home about but the art is just... Phenemonal!! I learned about it when i browsed his Deviantart profile ^_^

nebezial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

keep in mind ravine is not a monthly comic that is basically an ongoing, its a 12 issue story. so technically, story hasnt even scratched the surface. its kinda like reading the first 100 pages of losrd of the rings and saying, well its about a hobbits party and some ring XD or first hundred pages of game of thrones and saying...its about....um... hjm.... people,,,, and... um... stuff XD after the clusterfuck of setting things up in issue 1... issue 2 gets better...much...much better in every way hehehehehehehehheheheheheh

also crom-cruach, they didnt take me off the titles. i felt like i was done with them. so for now im on aphrodite till i get to teen witchblade a bit later. this is why i love working for top cow, its a perfect mix of cool characters and extremely satisfying creative freedom :)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was alright, liked the art; but waiting for the next trade for the story to properly start

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the story about?

nebezial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aint that the million dollar question XD. ravine is one story, spread over 12 graphic novel issues. saying what story is about at this point, is like saying that hobbit is a book about one hobbits unexpected dwarf loaded party. story in issue 1 is merely a setup. placing of pieces on a chessboard.

i can tell you in alot of anecdotes what it is about, cause , problem is it is not a quest story. sure, it has a very well defined goal,

i guess if i had to say is it is a story about growing up, about learning to deal with responsibilities, and learning to cope with loss, it is a coming of age versus coming to terms story. everything that seems obvious in issue 1 is anything but.

ravine is not a standard 20 page monthly which often comes down to the monster of the month battle. in july issue 2 comes out and things will gest much clearer. that is the case with true fantasy. and by that i mean, fantasy that doesn't use characters that are obvious reader proxy. harry potter is one of my favorite book series, and its brilliance lies in the simple use of age old trick. drop a regular man from our world in a new magical world.

ravine doesnt have that. it is a full fantasy story.. and a big one... both in scope and pagecount. but you will truly start realizing its size by issue 3.

i can promise you this. it will be an extremely character driven adventure. it is something that i am actually pretty decent at...so im pretty sure issue 2 is where we get everyone hooked XD cause issue 2 i do character stuff, and those who read my webcomic sunstone... know that it is an area where i am especially proficient...well that and sexy stuff.. but ravine is not a story about sexy stuff...

yeah...i know...sorry XD

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nebezial: Aw, I didn't know you were on comic vine. Love your art man! I can't wait to see what you and Mr. Marz are going to do with Ravine.

nebezial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah been away for awhile cause i forgot my password XD

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Crom-Cruach

@nebezial said:

also crom-cruach, they didnt take me off the titles. i felt like i was done with them. so for now im on aphrodite till i get to teen witchblade a bit later. this is why i love working for top cow, its a perfect mix of cool characters and extremely satisfying creative freedom :)

Honestly man. As much I don't like having to say this. But I think Witchblade and artifacts just suffers without you. As dedicated fan of both series. The others they got to replace you just aren't even close to good enough anymore. Witchblade especially since you jumped on was just beautiful to fgaze upon. The Artifacts crossover started with issue #0 with you and was gorgeous but after until the last issue. All the following artist were just not good enough. I don't know what to tell you. But nobody except Kenneth Rocafort, Top Cow is really lacking on quality artists. And it really pisses me off that their best artists aren't kept on their flagship titles.

I opened the last single issue of artifacts and the art was just god awful. I wouldn't mind paying an extra for you to keep drawing for that because the new artists are just, ugh.

Anyway, I liked Ravine overall it just didn't wow me. But I'm definitely going to buy the next issue

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I haven't heard of it but I am a fan of Sejic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.