Any Other Seagle Lovers?

#1 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so I've yet to read his "ultimate" series, Sandman Mystery Theatre but I have read American Virgin which was in my not-so-humble-opinion, one of the most f@#king amazing series I've ever read. And, I am currently reading (the series just released its last issue yesterday) Soul Kiss which I too am really enjoying.

So anyways my question is, anyone else love Seagle's writing and if so, any favorite particular series he's written? I'm going to have to read more of his work. Apparently he's been nominated for the Best Writer Award twice...hmm.

#2 Posted by Ian/Whisper (77 posts) - - Show Bio

(raises hand an goes back to watching TV an writing)

#3 Posted by Roxanne Starr (9093 posts) - - Show Bio

O.K., Aztek...I just read Soul Kiss #1. It's so-so. I'll give #2 a try.

This pains me somewhat because the art is lacking. I like that kind of style, but Cinello doesn't bring it to fruition. :(

#4 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like I've been lied to...I thought this thread was about Steven Seagal.

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
Roxanne Starr said:
O.K., Aztek...I just read Soul Kiss #1. It's so-so. I'll give #2 a try.This pains me somewhat because the art ... [more]

hmm, I usually hate this kind of art but in this series I love it...but maybe that's just because I have no taste in artistic ability whatsoever so my opinion really doesn't go far on that

also, the first issue wasn't amazing or anything, it's issues two and three I love(d)...the problem I foresee is Seagle being limited to five issues...he is really going to have to rush the story so that saddens me :(
#6 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved his "It's a bird" graphic novel

#7 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read a few issues of American Virgin, and I thoroughly enjoyed those. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.