Stephanie Brown returns in Batman:Eternal

#1 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

"We know that they're characters that you guys have been really vocal about," Snyder replies. "Your guys' love of Stephanie Brown have been so inspiring to us. We're really proud to announce that she'll be coming back in [new weekly series 'Batman: Eternal'], in a big way. Dan DiDio is in the audience to yell at us for telling you that."

"No one was trying to shelve her," Snyder continues. "It was more about finding the right time to reintroduce her."

Snyder says that Tynion came up with the idea to reintroduce her, suggesting it'll be as Spoiler. Tynion says Stephanie Brown will be in issue #3.

Snyder at NYCC

#2 Edited by The_Tree (7246 posts) - - Show Bio

GOOD. If only her time as Batgirl wouldn't get retconned (which it probably will).

#3 Edited by danhimself (22313 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: you beat me to it!

SUPER EXCITED!

I just hope that she's handled well

#4 Posted by animehunter (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark_guyver: you beat me to it!

SUPER EXCITED!

I just hope that she's handled well

^this, DEFINITELY this

#5 Posted by The Poet (8303 posts) - - Show Bio

oo! I'm looking forward to seeing her again!

#7 Posted by War Killer (20000 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Cassandra Cain?

#8 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by animehunter (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

What about Cassandra Cain?

They were asked about har and Stephanie, but they only gave answers regarding Stephanie.

This is a little vague, but they did say this as well

Tynion mentioned that he's incredibly thrilled to be a part of Batman: Eternal before talking about Red Hood and the Outlaws, which he recently took over. He promised we'll see much more of Gotham, "we have so much room to tell so many stories with so many characters including Stephanie Brown. I couldn't be more excited about it." Snyder added to that, "The Batman in Batman: Eternal is the Batman that we'll bring back into my Batman book after Zero Year, so you need to see him there."

#11 Posted by batmannflash (6192 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

@batmannflash: Yea, hopefully she's done right in the New 52. I'm looking forward to her comeback though!

#13 Edited by animehunter (1816 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by scouts1998 (585 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephanie Brown down. Cassandra Cain, Wally West, Aqualad, Ryan Choi, Elongated Man, Plastic Man, Miss Martain and most importantly Detective Chimp to go. (New 52 apperances)

#15 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

@scouts1998: Surely Cass can't be too far behind from being brought back. I really don't have high hopes for Wally West though.

#16 Posted by trebean (639 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephanie Brown down. Cassandra Cain, Wally West, Aqualad, Ryan Choi, Elongated Man, Plastic Man, Miss Martain and most importantly Detective Chimp to go. (New 52 apperances)

Detective Chimp appeared in Channel 52 in the Magic Pub along with Constantine.

#17 Posted by animehunter (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

James Tynion talks about Stephanie and what she means to Batman Eternal. starts around 2:25

#18 Edited by Dernman (14786 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to know if this is going into the main universe canon.

#19 Edited by animehunter (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

More from Scott Snyder on Stephanie and what we could expect. starts around 4:30

#20 Posted by The_Tree (7246 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

I want to know if this is going into the main universe canon.

In the above video, Tynion states that "We have just announced that we will be bringing Stephanie Brown back into the DCU with Batman: Eternal." So, I'm pretty sure that means it's canon.

#21 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Yes, it's canon! She's back!

#22 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2295 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: I could listen to Snyder talk about his projects all day. He seems so passionate about what he does.

#23 Posted by Celineness (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Sooo happy to hear this. Just hoping she'll be treated well.

Would like Cassandra back as well though.

#24 Posted by SupBatz (1705 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like I've found my reason to buy Batman: Eternal. Thank you very much Snyder and Tynion. I am ecstatic to see DC finally taking steps to reintroduce some of the great characters we've lost.

I hope that Tynion remains true to character and doesn't alter Steph too drastically. I haven't been a fan of his Red Hood and the Outlaws but I've heard good things about his Talon.

#25 Posted by animehunter (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

More information on Stephanie

#26 Posted by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad to see Stephanie Brown returning to comics. In the past I really liked her relationship with Tim and I hope to see that again. Also I would like to see her become something of a rival for Barbara/Batgirl. Not a villian or adversary but a heroic rival in the sense that she is on the same beat as Barbara and they keep butting heads. It could be interesting to see them as peers rather than as the previous mentor - student relationship they had in the past. Now if they could only bring back Cassandra I would feel a bit better about DC.

#27 Edited by Magmaster12 (55 posts) - - Show Bio

It's going to be terrible just like nearly everything else that the new 52 has changed it will change this and make it stupid.

#28 Posted by Justthatkid (3085 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't forget Donna and Garth.

#29 Posted by animehunter (1816 posts) - - Show Bio

Could this Stephanie as spoiler in the purple.

#30 Posted by JonSmith (3990 posts) - - Show Bio

Bah, let me know when Cassandra Cain's back.

#31 Posted by DjBest02 (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Stephanie will be back? Awesome!!! I wonder if she'll be 16 & pregnant again...

#32 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree: I hope it is, as DC needs new characters, not just swapping out newer blood like Spoiler or Misfit & giving them the Batgirl name to use for a few years. Sure, ok, being Batgirl is probly more well known, b they should be the one & only Spoiler or Misfit, not Batgirls 5 & 6 out of 6.

Thats part of the reason why Batman, Superman, & Wonder woman are so much more famous, while people just know of GL or Flash, but dont know who the meat in suit is. All its ever done is dilute the franchises.

#33 Posted by PapiNacho (2365 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy for her fans as long as Babs is still Batgirl, if not will probably be a bit sour but still exited for Babs new direction.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.