Stephanie as Batgirl

#1 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't been following this series, so I'm just wondering how it is? Should I pick up the first trade, or is it not worth it. I've been hearing a lot of hate about the series, but I figured thats from people who don't want to accept her as batgirl.

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: Nevermind what other people say.  They only say it because of their own personal bias towards or against the character. 

The important question is: Do YOU like Stephanie Brown?  If you do, then get the trade... If you don't, then avoid it like the plague ;)
#3 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Well i've enjoyed most of her apparences, as spoiler it's just sometimes Stephanie can be annoying. But I think I'll give it a try, thanks. : )
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91: There are a lot of Stephanie haters around.  Trust your own judgement.  Treat yourself to a volume, and if you don't like it then sell it on eBay ;)
#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

i like her as batgirl but have only picked up a hand full of her books, i think they are a good read and she makes a good batgirl i just cant afford them right now
#6 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF: Well I just went and spent, 100 bucks on Batman Reborn titles, and i was looking at her book and couldn't decide. But if you think her books good I'll probably go pick up her book this week,
#7 Posted by moshimoshi (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, my take on the series is that its not really worth buying right now, not many bat titles are atm. 
Nothing of any difference is happening outside of batman and robin.
Stephanie or not its a very mediocre series, if you have money to burn, buy it. Just don't expect it to blow you away.

#8 Posted by DEGRAAF (7870 posts) - - Show Bio

yea ive liked all the batmans family books since Batman reborn

#9 Posted by comicnerdy (259 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
"yea ive liked all the batmans family books since Batman reborn "

Me too
#10 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicnerdy said:
" @DEGRAAF said:
"yea ive liked all the batmans family books since Batman reborn "
Me too "
me three
#11 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Steph, and if you do too, then go out and get that trade!

#12 Posted by Baddamdog (2223 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" I love Steph, and if you do too, then go out and get that trade! "
#13 Posted by PK Atomsk (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm one of those people who don't want to accept her as Batgirl, but I can't say its a legitimately bad book....

#14 Posted by nightwing91 (3912 posts) - - Show Bio

Picked it up the other day, and I'm loving her as Batgirl she has a sense of humor to her. And with Oracle being so connected to her, and all the advice it feels very Batman Beyondish to me in the relationship between the two. Defiantly worth the recommendations you all gave it, thank you.

#15 Posted by sputnik (210 posts) - - Show Bio

i love steph. she's liek a little ray of humorous sunshine in a dark bat cave. though i kinda wish cassandra was back and they would get together. they're much funnier as a duo. add damian to the picture, i think it would be hilarious.

#16 Posted by golvellius (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Steph was the best choice for Batgirl.  Maybe as Spoiler she was not the best but Batgirl has addressed the shortcomings of the character and infused it with a very charismatic and distinctive voice.  Within the bat family everyone failed Steph and in spite of it she is back stronger and with the conviction to prove herself as worthy of having the bat on her chest.  The new series has blown me away I never imagined I was going to enjoy it so much.  So to everyone out there bat girl is a great adition to your collection.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.