Favorite thing about Spoiler?

  • 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkingbird, don't forget the abuse of Steph as a child at the hands of her babysitter,  as well as her pregnancy.  All of that factors into who she is and why she's so fierce about doing what she sees is the right thing and making ammends for her father. 

And Calvin,  PGW is a great site!!  It's bookmarked on my PC, because I totally respect the site and what they accomplished in getting Steph's name back out there.  I've always been more partial to Marvel Comics as a whole, but once I was introduced to Steph,  I always paid attention to what she was doing.  She's just an incredibly likable character and I hope you enjoy reading more about her!

#52 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

My Post should have read the fact that she is >BACK< from the dead

#53 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh huh.  You were busy teasing me and forgot what you were saying.  -laughing- 

#54 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you mean Titans or Teen Titans?

Man, I'm really starting to hate Tim. I mean, if somebody I loved came back from the dead, I'd be HAPPY. Not mopey or angry, but happy.

#55 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"Do you mean Titans or Teen Titans?

Man, I'm really starting to hate Tim. I mean, if somebody I loved came back from the dead, I'd be HAPPY. Not mopey or angry, but happy."
            He was happy when she came back and kiss her.
#56 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

So for all of 3 pages, he was happy.

#57 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be so cool to see her as Batwoman in the Titan Future storyline rather than Betty.

#58 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkingbird,  don't hate on Tim..   I know that he's slowly becoming a "Batman" clone, but that's the writers fault.  Not Tim's.  You have to take into account that someone he thought was dead came back.  Not to mention how it complicates things.  He mourned her (not much, again writer's faults!!!) and had tried to put it behind him....  He went on to have a semi, quasi relationship with Cassie and then there's his schoolmate Zoe who he was dating as well.  So here arrives Steph (who's way cooler than either Zoe or Cassie) who he's had to try and move past,  so I can understand how he's totally freaking about it.  Steph and Tim were a really great couple and I hope the writers figure out where to go with them, without ruining their unique dynamic.

Right now,  Steph's kind of playing both sides.  She knows where Batman is and he's told her to purposefully "misdirect" Tim, so he won't find him.  She's also teamed up with an old enemy of Tim's for some unknown reason.  So I'm not exactly sure where her motivations lie just yet.  It's something that's going to have to play out.  I just don't want them damaging her and Tim's relationship.  They have such a powerful past,  I'd hate for it to be ruined.

#59 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio
SilverZeo said:
"It would be so cool to see her as Batwoman in the Titan Future storyline rather than Betty."
             Maybe she becomes Batgirl in that future.
#60 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no, I love Timmy! I don't pick up Robin just for Steph and Ives, y'know. Tim's great.

Also, about the enemy thing (SPOILERS): Steph hired her to help Tim with Gotham now that Bruce is gone, but she's been payed a lot more by someone else to murder people.

#61 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"Oh no, I love Timmy! I don't pick up Robin just for Steph and Ives, y'know. Tim's great.

Also, about the enemy thing (SPOILERS): Steph hired her to help Tim with Gotham now that Bruce is gone, but she's been payed a lot more by someone else to murder people."
              If she is being played by someone It has to be the Penguin or Hush.
#62 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

I know she had been working for Penguin, but she left him a note and explained why she had to stop..   But what about the deal with Ulysses Armstrong?  I know that she approached him (or was it the other way around?) about working together.  But he's going to undercut Steph I think and just try to take Tim out, himself?  Any ideas? Thoughts?

#63 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio
LexiCat said:
"I know she had been working for Penguin, but she left him a note and explained why she had to stop..   But what about the deal with Ulysses Armstrong?  I know that she approached him (or was it the other way around?) about working together.  But he's going to undercut Steph I think and just try to take Tim out, himself?  Any ideas? Thoughts?"
            
I think the General/Ulysses Armstrong wants to be Robin's new archenemy and the reason why he working with Steph is to gather information on the gang war and find a way to end it but then betrays her.
#64 Posted by cly (15458 posts) - - Show Bio
Reads the first post of this thread.

Dude, I thought this was a thread about spoilers on sports cars.

Walks away.
#65 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio
cly said:
"Reads the first post of this thread.

Dude, I thought this was a thread about spoilers on sports cars.

Walks away."
             LOL.
#66 Posted by Black Parade (13 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"Do you mean Titans or Teen Titans?

Man, I'm really starting to hate Tim. I mean, if somebody I loved came back from the dead, I'd be HAPPY. Not mopey or angry, but happy."
Ok Lets review this

The woman you love, fakes her death, (or someone else fakes her Death) and for Over a year you have no clue she's out there, she makes no effort to try to contact you, no effort to let you know she's alive, and then Poof "HI I'm here"

Sorry he has every right to be angry

She lied to him
#67 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio
Black Parade said:
Ok Lets review this

The woman you love, fakes her death, (or someone else fakes her Death) and for Over a year you have no clue she's out there, she makes no effort to try to contact you, no effort to let you know she's alive, and then Poof "HI I'm here"

Sorry he has every right to be angry

She lied to him"

For all we know, Steph tried to contact him. Tim was hidden in a cave for a year or something, I haven't read 52 yet. And second of all, she was critically injured, it would have been a long time before she could have called someone. Thirdly, Steph was too busy saving lives to force Leslie Thompkins to take her to a town with a telephone or something that could communicate to Tim. Who knows how long it would have taken to get through to him?
#68 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, tim went on a world trip with Dick and Bruce, I'm fairly certian they took their cellphones with them.  

She was Critically injured, but not to injured to travel to Africa

So what your saying is, doing her "job" was more important to her than contacting the person she loved?

Again, he still has a right to be mad

#69 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

a) Would cell phones work that far away, without power for so long?
b) She had no choice in traveling to Africa. Her secret identity had been revealed and every two-bit villain would have wanted to kill her to prove themselves.
c) How could she have gotten a cell phone?!

#70 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

I am siding with Hawkingbird on this one.  Leslie took her to Africa FOR her own good and faked her death FOR her own good.  It was about keeping her safe, since her identity had been compromised.  If the villians all knew who she was, who she was connected to, AND who she loved wouldn't they come after Tim?  Wouldn't they try to lure her out,  to stick it to her by going after who she cared about the most?

Steph herself said it was for her own protection.  She couldn't "call" or "write", because Leslie told her that the world needed to think she died.  WHEN the time was right, she knew that she'd come back.  Every moment spent in Africa was agony I imagine.  Yes she wanted to call Tim.  Yes she wanted to let him know she was alive, but what was she going to do?  Sometimes you have to do very painful things in order to keep the ones you love safe.   I can't fault Steph for remaining silent...  Not when everything was riding on it.

#71 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio
LexiCat said:
"I am siding with Hawkingbird on this one.  Leslie took her to Africa FOR her own good and faked her death FOR her own good.  It was about keeping her safe, since her identity had been compromised.  If the villians all knew who she was, who she was connected to, AND who she loved wouldn't they come after Tim?  Wouldn't they try to lure her out,  to stick it to her by going after who she cared about the most?

Steph herself said it was for her own protection.  She couldn't "call" or "write", because Leslie told her that the world needed to think she died.  WHEN the time was right, she knew that she'd come back.  Every moment spent in Africa was agony I imagine.  Yes she wanted to call Tim.  Yes she wanted to let him know she was alive, but what was she going to do?  Sometimes you have to do very painful things in order to keep the ones you love safe.   I can't fault Steph for remaining silent...  Not when everything was riding on it."
             I agree with that and I keep thinking Black Mask may have raped her.
#72 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio
Hawkingbird said:
"a) Would cell phones work that far away, without power for so long?
b) She had no choice in traveling to Africa. Her secret identity had been revealed and every two-bit villain would have wanted to kill her to prove themselves.
c) How could she have gotten a cell phone?!"
A) Contrary to most opinions africa is not technologically inferior, yes behind but not inferior, they have Cell towers in Africa  they also have Electricity
B) Ok point she had no choice and I agree there, BUT, she did have a choice to call or even write.  (concidering yes Tim was abraod as well the letter would have been there when he got home)
C) Um, you walk into a Radio  shack (they have them World Wide)  and you get one  "Free Cell Phone with 2 year contract"

And Lexi I agree and yet at the same time I don't

Perhaps they would have come for Tim, and that would have been a rude awakening don't you think? 

I'm not sure I mean ... if someone I love had been beaten and hurt..(and lets remember this is something Tim blames himself for) . and then I was told she died.  and then a year later I find out that not only didn't she die, but she didn't contact me for a year  and I'd been living with that guilt and that grief for a year?  I think I'd be a bit upset.

Just saying  I think he's justified to be cautious and resentful

(Plus when he finds out she's hiring people to Kill, that will be a whole new ball park)


#73 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

a) I'm sorry, that came off really ignorantly. I meant that the specific part of Africa Steph was living in, there was a good chance she could not get cell phone reception.

b) I'm not sure how reliable the postal system is delivering letters cross-continent to Wayne Manor.

c) Again, I don't think the town Steph was trying to make better had a Radioshack.

That's the thing that REALLY bothers me. Tim never really felt guilt (he shouldn't) or grief (HE REALLY SHOULD HAVE) over Steph's death. The game they play is one where no one escapes living, but that doesn't mean Tim shouldn't have mourned Steph. Can you remember any issues where Tim mourned pre-Dixon?

I can totally understand Tim feeling cautious and even resentful. But neither of those emotions should dwarf his pure, utter joy at the fact his best/girlfriend is alive.

#74 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio
NightFang said:

 I agree with that and I keep thinking Black Mask may have raped her."

Don't know about this, but it's possible?  Personally I HOPE not, because it would be the second time around for sexual assault for her and I'm sorry, but any writer who'd do that to a character?  They need to be beaten in the groin with a sledgehammer.

And Ex, I know that you make a point here.  I'm not disputing that.  But I still think that given where she was and the circumstances surrounding her "death",  she simply HAD to stay quiet.  It wasn't that she didn't want to.  Again, Leslie told her that it was for her own good.  That Gotham and the world needed to think Stephanie Brown "died" in order to not only protect her, but to protect Batman as well.  Okay sure it pissed Tim off and left him with alot of guilt, but as Hawkingbird mentions... THEY didn't address it!  Not nearly enough.

As PGW pointed out so well,  when Conner died Tim was beside himself.  And he knew Conner LESS time than he knew Steph.  And you can bet Conner and Tim never kissed or bonded the way Tim and Steph did.  His mourning (or lack there of) was a gross slight on the part of the writers.  I mean did they show him trying to figure things out?  He just accepts things at face value?  When what?  He tried to clone Conner?  He's like one of the best detectives in comics and even if he felt for a fleeting moment Steph could be out there,  he didn't try to do anything.  He didn't really question Batman NOR did he try and find Leslie.   So.............  I guess I'm saying the writers really let the ball fall on Tim's part.  For someone so guilty and in so much pain,  it wasn't written that way at all.   And that's a huge disappointment.
#75 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Tim now Stephanie was alive in Africa and was just fakeing the pain of her lost to protect her.

#76 Posted by Exusiai (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, 


A) Point noted .  

B) Debatable but I'll drop that one too

C) Again Point

As for Tim feeling guilt over it, there were a couple of spaces,  In Identity Crisis after his dad died he mentions Steph. In a long list of those he has lost.  and Lexi your right the writers dropped the ball on this something fierce. 

#77 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Ex.  I know she's in a long list of people he "lost", but out of all of them he mourned for her the least.  And I totally don't get that.  I can't blame the character, but I'm content blaming the writers.  They completely dissed Steph in the worst way.  Tim was her whole world.  She loved him and to the writers, it seemed like she was just a passing phase in his life.  For those of us who are fans of Steph AND of the couple,  that's like a massive slap in the face.

#78 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio
LexiCat said:
"NightFang said:



As PGW pointed out so well,  when Conner died Tim was beside himself.  And he knew Conner LESS time than he knew Steph.  And you can bet Conner and Tim never kissed or bonded the way Tim and Steph did.  His mourning (or lack there of) was a gross slight on the part of the writers.  I mean did they show him trying to figure things out?  He just accepts things at face value?  When what?  He tried to clone Conner?  He's like one of the best detectives in comics and even if he felt for a fleeting moment Steph could be out there,  he didn't try to do anything.  He didn't really question Batman NOR did he try and find Leslie.   So.............  I guess I'm saying the writers really let the ball fall on Tim's part.  For someone so guilty and in so much pain,  it wasn't written that way at all.   And that's a huge disappointment."
Not to mention he'd been DATING Steph longer then he'd even KNOWN Connor, let alone liked him.

But Fabian Nicieza seems to really respect Steph, so I'm happy again yay!
#79 Posted by LexiCat (5284 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm happy to have a writer return that does have respect for the character.  Sometimes when the writers switch out, they just don't focus on who the characters are or take time to further their development.   Or..  let's face it.  The writers are people, too.  They've got their favorites,  who they write great for.  Then they've got their not-so favorites,  who they basically either write into a corner or write so wrong, all in order to drive the popularity of that character down in order to build 'their" favorite up.

#80 Posted by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

That she now has a superpower!

#81 Posted by Hawkingbird (350 posts) - - Show Bio

UGH UGH UGH GROSS TIERI KEEP HIM OFF GOOD BOOKS.
No, seriously. Can't Dini write BaTO?

#82 Edited by AngelFrost (2833 posts) - - Show Bio

=O John Valentine! How dare youu!

I love everything about Spoiler
Her determination to put her family right
Her Creativeness!
And when she helpedd Batman protect Tim!

Now all we need is for Steph to have a superpower =]
since her apparent 'turning invisible' in the comics was just an error.

xxx

#83 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Her death."

Ditto
#84 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84514 posts) - - Show Bio

Her friendship with Cassandra Cain.

Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.