Could Stephanie Brown be returning soon?

#1 Posted by Teerack (7413 posts) - - Show Bio

So recently the writer of Smallville tried to put Stephanie Brown into the show because he used to write Batgirl back when Batgirl was Steph and DC told him he wasn't allowed to, and then Young Justice put's Stephanie Brown into the show as a minor cameo and they pull the show off the air without warning and delay it that week. Coincidence? I think not!

I think this could mean two things either Stephanie Brown will be coming back soon, or DC wants to bury her as if she never existed.

#2 Posted by The_Tree (7929 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think that DC is trying to make us forget Steph, and to convince us to believe Barbara Gordon is the best and most iconic Batgirl. But I don't think they delayed YJ because of a short cameo of Steph in civilian wear, hell, if they didn't list her in the credits, no one would've really been able to tell who she was. To pull a well-adored series off the air for something so minuscule would be ridiculous, and I think WB, DC, and Cartoon Network know that.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

She's getting buried, she won't be seen for years if ever again.

#4 Posted by fps_dean (260 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about this the other day... I honestly never read much Batgirl with Stephanie Brown, but I did like Barbara Gordon better as Oracle anyway. Even given the ability to walk again, I would have preferred that she remained as Oracle but who will help in the field when needed (probably not as batgirl, either but as another identity, else we wouldn't have a full-time batgirl).

Should I hunt down the 2009 Batgirl run, with Stephanie Brown as Batgirl? I've heard it was awesome, so I've been thinking about picking it up.

#5 Posted by daedalus25 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@fps_dean said:

I was thinking about this the other day... I honestly never read much Batgirl with Stephanie Brown, but I did like Barbara Gordon better as Oracle anyway. Even given the ability to walk again, I would have preferred that she remained as Oracle but who will help in the field when needed (probably not as batgirl, either but as another identity, else we wouldn't have a full-time batgirl).

Should I hunt down the 2009 Batgirl run, with Stephanie Brown as Batgirl? I've heard it was awesome, so I've been thinking about picking it up.

I vote yes. I loved that run.

And I seriously doubt Young Justice was delayed because of a Stephanie Brown cameo. Green Lantern was also delayed until January.

#6 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@daedalus25 said:

@fps_dean said:

I was thinking about this the other day... I honestly never read much Batgirl with Stephanie Brown, but I did like Barbara Gordon better as Oracle anyway. Even given the ability to walk again, I would have preferred that she remained as Oracle but who will help in the field when needed (probably not as batgirl, either but as another identity, else we wouldn't have a full-time batgirl).

Should I hunt down the 2009 Batgirl run, with Stephanie Brown as Batgirl? I've heard it was awesome, so I've been thinking about picking it up.

I vote yes. I loved that run.

And I seriously doubt Young Justice was delayed because of a Stephanie Brown cameo. Green Lantern was also delayed until January.

Maybe Steph was going to cameo in green lantern...

#7 Posted by daedalus25 (121 posts) - - Show Bio

@tahmidk said:

@daedalus25 said:

@fps_dean said:

I was thinking about this the other day... I honestly never read much Batgirl with Stephanie Brown, but I did like Barbara Gordon better as Oracle anyway. Even given the ability to walk again, I would have preferred that she remained as Oracle but who will help in the field when needed (probably not as batgirl, either but as another identity, else we wouldn't have a full-time batgirl).

Should I hunt down the 2009 Batgirl run, with Stephanie Brown as Batgirl? I've heard it was awesome, so I've been thinking about picking it up.

I vote yes. I loved that run.

And I seriously doubt Young Justice was delayed because of a Stephanie Brown cameo. Green Lantern was also delayed until January.

Maybe Steph was going to cameo in green lantern...

HA! Hmm... Steph as a Star Sapphire... :D

#8 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

Its possible she might be buried. They did it last time with supergirl(kara zor el) after crisis on infinite earths. Although its too early to tell.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.