Follow

Stephanie Brown

Character » Stephanie Brown appears in 787 issues.

Stephanie Brown is the Cluemaster's daughter. She becomes the Spoiler to "spoil" her father's criminal plots, and dated Tim Drake while he was Robin. Steph temporarily becomes Robin when Tim is forced to quit by his father. Later, she briefly resumes being Spoiler before Cassandra Cain decides to pass her the mantle of Batgirl. In the New 52 and Rebirth, she's back to being The Spoiler.

Back or Not

Okay, is Steph is back or not? I just saw some of the new pictures in the Gallery that looks like she is, or is that Violet girl I been hearing about?

Ms. Invisible says:

"There have been clues to whether Stephanie Brown is back or not because she died. I myself can't be sure if she's back.I remember making a thread about it but I can't remember where it is now. I'm pretty sure it was in this forum."

yeah there are hints, I'm going with the dc national page of a few weeks back. When didio said that stephanie won't have a funeral lol

hmm it looks like that:

poor stephie, she never had a funeral

aha here it is

Ms. Invisible says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "aha here it is
    " />http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/Doop/wishlist.jpg"

It's not showing. :("

really?

anyone else can't see it?

Nighthunter says:

"aha here it is

It's not showing. :(

Violet is a new female vigilante that steals from thieves and keeps the money for herself. Tim did see someone from behind he thought was Steph. It could be her or it could be he wants it to be her after dealing with Violet and the same color scheme as Spoiler. There was also the advert about who was going to "spoil" his day. I don't have a scan of it handy.

Ms. Invisible says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "Ms. Invisible says:
    "Nighthunter says:
    "aha here it is

really?

anyone else can't see it?"

It says that you've exceeded your bandwidth. But I know what you're on about. Next to the wish for Stephanie's statue, it said something like, "No can do" or something along the lines of that.

G-Man says:

"Violet is a new female vigilante that steals from thieves and keeps the money for herself. Tim did see someone from behind he thought was Steph. It could be her or it could be he wants it to be her after dealing with Violet and the same color scheme as Spoiler. There was also the advert about who was going to "spoil" his day. I don't have a scan of it handy."

Yeah, I saw those ads through various DC comics. If we're on the same page about the advert, there were also pictures of other characters.

"

oh ok, yeah at least you know what it's about. I think there must be a real reason to put that he can't do the memorial.

Poor Stephie, not even oracle was honest with her lol

Nighthunter says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
    "Nighthunter says:
    "aha here it is

really?

anyone else can't see it?"

It says that you've exceeded your bandwidth. But I know what you're on about. Next to the wish for Stephanie's statue, it said something like, "No can do" or something along the lines of that.

G-Man says:

"Violet is a new female vigilante that steals from thieves and keeps the money for herself. Tim did see someone from behind he thought was Steph. It could be her or it could be he wants it to be her after dealing with Violet and the same color scheme as Spoiler. There was also the advert about who was going to "spoil" his day. I don't have a scan of it handy."

Yeah, I saw those ads through various DC comics. If we're on the same page about the advert, there were also pictures of other characters.

If they DO bring back Stephanie, it would be a 'Back from the Dead' stories that I would tolerate. Because I did not believe her death was a decent one. I mean, come on. 'Leslie Thompkins, a passionate doctor on the slum streets of Gotham, lets a teenage girl die just to teach Batman a lesson.' I don't know with the writers retcon it or not, but that was pretty out of character for Thompkins. Maybe Steph asked the good doctor to make it look like she died all so she can try to live a normal life, away from Bats and Tim; but then she decides to come back after to all the junk that happened to Tim recently in order to keep him from going over to the edge.
    Post Edited:2008-01-28 10:58:11

Yeah, it was an insult to Thompkins. What'd she do to piss off the writers?

Nighthunter says:

"aha here it is

hehe lol i like that

G-Man says:

"Yeah, it was an insult to Thompkins. What'd she do to piss off the writers?"

No kidding, here was this doctor who LIVED to save lives and one day she just decides to say 'You know what, just to show others that being a vigilante is stupid, I'm going to let this girl die'. I mean... what kind of crap is that?

I hope it is Stephanie, I really liked her character, and she should kick Batman’s butt for being a jerk to her… even though that’s not going to happen.

This has been buzzing around the Intertubes for a while, but if people have read Batman #673, Batman examines three cases, and the one in the middle looks like one that would fit a girl's body.

Yeah theres a case but... does it mean its hers? And does that mean that she really IS dead? Dang... DARN DC COMICS!

Ms. Invisible says:

"This has been buzzing around the Intertubes for a while, but if people have read *Batman* #673, Batman examines three cases, and the one in the middle looks like one that would fit a girl's body."

maybe that only symbolises that he lost the other robins, after all jason's suit isn't in the batcave anymore

Nighthunter says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
    "This has been buzzing around the Intertubes for a while, but if people have read *Batman* #673, Batman examines three cases, and the one in the middle looks like one that would fit a girl's body."

maybe that only symbolises that he lost the other robins, after all jason's suit isn't in the batcave anymore"

Even so, that does remind people of Stephanie. Maybe this is meant to be her memorial in honour of her.

Ms. Invisible says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "Ms. Invisible says:

maybe that only symbolises that he lost the other robins, after all jason's suit isn't in the batcave anymore"

Even so, that does remind people of Stephanie. Maybe this is meant to be her memorial in honour of her.

"

nah she deserves something better

Nighthunter says:

"nah she deserves something better"

Of course she does. But it's been so long since she died. It's about time she deserved something. It's still better than nothing. It shows that DC are actually listening.

Ms. Invisible says:

"Nighthunter says:
    "nah she deserves something better"

Of course she does. But it's been so long since she died. It's about time she deserved something. It's still better than nothing. It shows that DC are actually listening.

"

Personally, I think it was the CassCult cartoons on DeviantART.

-Reads summary on Gotham Underground #4-

Wait, she disappears? Does this mean Tim is really losing it?

Nighthunter says:

"Ms. Invisible says:
    "Nighthunter says:
    "Ms. Invisible says:

"

nah she deserves something better"

Like what? a ten foot tall statue of her as Robin?

Knightwing says:

"Like what? a ten foot tall statue of her as Robin? "

That's funny.

If Steph does comes back, what will this mean for Dr. Thompkins. From what I heard, Steph's death was enough to kick the Mother Firgure of Batman's life out the comics but shortly after, everyone just forgot about her.

Post Deleted.

Ok so Steph is back, but the actions of Gotham Underground make me consider that there are two spoilers, the one of the Penguin and the one that has revealed to be Stephanie.

Let's hope it's not a Skrull; or worse, a twin sister or clone story. But over all, I gonna buy Robin on a daily basis!

Nighthunter says:

"#Spoiler alert# Ok so Steph is back, but the actions of Gotham Underground make me consider that there are two spoilers, the one of the Penguin and the one that has revealed to be Stephanie. "

WHAT?!

Nighthunter says:

"#Spoiler alert# Ok so Steph is back, but the actions of Gotham Underground make me consider that there are two spoilers, the one of the Penguin and the one that has revealed to be Stephanie. "

HOLY CRAP SHES BACK! O.O

tears up with happyness

YAY! Omg is this from gotham underground?! Which one?!

Angelic Reaper says:

"Nighthunter says:

HOLY CRAP SHES BACK! O.O

tears up with happyness

YAY! Omg is this from gotham underground?! Which one?!"

I believe it's issue 5, but you can't see her face.

The page shown there is Robin #173, I believe. The numbers in my head are really hazy at the moment.

Oh, and yes, I am VERY excited that Stephanie's back.

Ms. Invisible says:

"Angelic Reaper says:
    "Nighthunter says:
    HOLY CRAP SHES BACK! O.O ***tears up with happyness*** YAY! Omg is this from gotham underground?! Which one?!"
    I believe it's issue 5, but you can't see her face. The page shown there is Robin #173, I believe. The numbers in my head are really hazy at the moment."

YES! Thank you very much!

yay another steph fan! lol

Angelic Reaper says:

"Nighthunter says:

HOLY CRAP SHES BACK! O.O

tears up with happyness

YAY! Omg is this from gotham underground?! Which one?!"

ending of the last issue of Robin

I wonder what's the point of having the one-shot of Spoiler and Robin now....

What a way to spoil a history :P

then again it may be about the other Spoiler because I'm guessing there are 2

Nighthunter says:

"Angelic Reaper says:
    "Nighthunter says:
    HOLY CRAP SHES BACK! O.O ***tears up with happyness*** YAY! Omg is this from gotham underground?! Which one?!"
    ending of the last issue of Robin I wonder what's the point of having the one-shot of Spoiler and Robin now.... What a way to *spoil* a history :P then again it may be about the other Spoiler because I'm guessing there are 2"

part of me hopes it is another Spoiler cause then it would dampen what it did to Bruce when she did die

So, before the next issue comes out let's figure out why is back. Personally, anything is good to bring her back. I already stated my theory earlier, being a staged death. Does this means that Dr. Thompkins will come back? She left because of letting Steph die in the first place.

SilverZeo says:

"So, before the next issue comes out let's figure out why is back. Personally, anything is good to bring her back. I already stated my theory earlier, being a staged death. Does this means that Dr. Thompkins will come back? She left because of letting Steph die in the first place."

leslie also did return in the pages of Gotham Underground

#39 Feral Nova  Moderator

Yayz! ^^

Guano says:

"SHES BACK!!!!! For sure. Leslie would never let someone die.Now why did she lie to bats?"

because there's no point in faking a death if you won't lie to people when they ask you if she is alive.....

also, love how Robin took the big reveal

SHES BACK!!!!! For sure. Leslie would never let someone die.Now why did she lie to bats?

#42 BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I'm wondering how that will be taken, especially that panel with Batman saying "that's why there was never a memorial" or whatever. I remember a lot of female readers being mad about that. I'm interested to find out the reaction.

Nighthunter says:

"Guano says:
    "SHES BACK!!!!! For sure. Leslie would never let someone die.Now why did she lie to bats?"

because there's no point in faking a death if you won't lie to people when they ask you if she is alive.....

also, love how Robin took the big reveal"

Nighthunter says:

"Guano says:

also, love how Robin took the big reveal"

I get that, but I think batman can keep a secret and he would of let her take a vacation after all that.

I also remember people being p!ssed that it wasn't in Leslies character to let someone die.Anyways I'm glad shes back.Maybe she'll be Robin again and Tim will be Batman in the R.I.P. arc.Kinda corny but I like her in the robin costume.

LMAO

Nighthunter said:
    "

aha here it is

"
    Ahahahah,

she's back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.

Loading More Images