Follow

Stepford Cuckoos

Team » Stepford Cuckoos appears in 1674 issues.

The Stepford Cuckoos are five powerful telepaths - cloned daughters of Emma Frost's - who can combine their telepathic abilities to create a much more powerful hive-mind. The Cuckoos are currently acting as psychic emissaries to the mutant nation & are residing at The White Palace in Krakoa with Emma Frost.

Something New

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

I like the Cuckoos, but i hope Marvel can do more with them aside from just operating cerebra and stuff...

I'd also like to see the extent of their diamond form, do they share the same abilities as Emma in this form? we can only assume i guess, although it is stated that can communicate telepathically, but just communicate? or can they perform other telepathic feats as well???? hmmmm

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Mr Marvel82

@stormyweather: Not sure if you've seen the latest issue of Uncanny X-men, but it looks like some of this will be addressed. The girls mentioned that they could change into diamond form but Emma Frost asks them not to. It seems they, like she, can't use telepathy in that form.

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By StormyWeather
    Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just read Vol. 2 of All New X-Men, so the Cuckoos decided to go back with Emma and Scott to their new "school"... its funny how they always try to set themselves apart from her and say they're "nothing like her" but follow her like lost puppies -___-

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By lykopis

To be fair, Bendis did attempt to address their supposed distaste with Emma and their outright rejection at the idea of her being their "mother" was definitely established. I don't know about their seeming misandry. - It's one thing to express distaste towards the woman they have been cloned after for her sexuality only to crush on her former partner "Cyclops" for so long. Plus, the whole ice cold blonde princess shtick is wearing thin.

Bendis is attempting to separate them in some ways - the discord initially between the three -- the blocking out of Emma and the genuine remorse shown afterwards by one of them and the sympathy expressed at Emma's plight, all illustrated as mostly individuals rather than a triad entity as they are usually shown. Emma made herself vulnerable to them, which was really great to see -- this time it enhanced her character rather than took away. So the relationship between the four is certainly developing.

I hope more focus is placed on these characters -- they have already proven to be quite an asset to Cyclops' team based on how things were left in the latest Uncanny X-Men. It was a good move for the girls to go over to Cyclops' camp.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Haven't been interesting or worthwhile since Morrison wrote them. Their cameos in Whedon's run were fine, everything since has been total crap. Best to just let them go by the wayside before something unbelievably terrible happens and ruins them.

*Warsong happens*

*Bendis on X-Men happens*

Sigh, never mind.

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mr Marvel82

Well. This happened. Maybe now that they are Telekinetic and Telepathic and have diamond form, they'll get more action. (I don't like that they are tk now btw.)

No Caption Provided

TariqJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like that's they're telekinetics, since they don't like Jean they could battle in the physical and mental world.

Mr Marvel82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tariqjp: I'm not sure they dislike Jean. Only Celeste did for a while. But last time they were all together, they all fought alongside each other. They don't really have reason to dislike Jean. Especially now that Emma and teen aged Jean have come to terms.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.