Is it just me, or...

#1 Posted by Squares (8024 posts) - - Show Bio

Shouldn't the Stepford Cuckoos be listed as Frost's sisters, not daughters?

#2 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

If i remember correctly the Cuckoos are grown from Emma's ovium cells, which would make them more like daughters.

#3 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought of them as neither. They are clones. Just like Wolverine isn't really X-23's "father". (If we wanna get technical) lol

#4 Edited by Squares (8024 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak: There's no DNA other than Emma's, making them clones. To be Emma's daughters, I'm about 50% sure they'd have to have DNA from someone/where else, too.
@riri4life:  Yeah, exactly, so why classify them as daughters?
#5 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squares said:
" @fesak: There's no DNA other than Emma's, making them clones. To be Emma's daughters, I'm about 50% sure they'd have to have DNA from someone/where else, too. "
There probably is DNA from somewhere else too, otherwise they should have the exact same powers as Emma. 
#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio

They are not exactly Emma's clones IIRC.

#7 Edited by Squares (8024 posts) - - Show Bio
@fesak: I think they do have the same powers, actually.
@ComicMan24:  But then, what are they?
#8 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio
@Squares:  I agree with what Fesak said that they were created from ovium cells, plus if they were exact clones, they would have brown hair, since Emma is naturally a brunette and they would the exact same powers.
#9 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:
The hair was probably the creators'/ artists' fault. lol
#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: Cuckoos' hair?
#11 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24:
Yeah. They probably forgot Emma wasn't a natural blonde...So you're sayin there could have been other DNA then?  
#12 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life: It is possible.
#13 Posted by jordama (4225 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't have the exact same powers, the cuckoos were able to turn their hearts into diamond, something Emma can't do.  
just how they got the sample to make them makes a huge difference, X-23 was made from a direct sample, the cuckoos were from an egg which means that they can't be exactly like emma because each egg is slightly different. 

p.s.  you should have put this in the cuckoo forum
#14 Posted by Thunderscream (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

she just calls them "her girls" because they're the closest things she has to daughters. wouldn't you feel a sense of maternity for your own genetic spawn, regardless of the method of conception/incubation?

#15 Posted by extrememage (184 posts) - - Show Bio
@riri4life:
perhaps john sublime. didnt he create the cuckoos?
#16 Posted by thestepfordcuckoos (147 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:

" They are not exactly Emma's clones IIRC. "

I don't feel that there exactly Emma's 'clones'. I exactly like to think of them as her 'daughters' as they were taken from Emma as eggs which means that they aren't exactly like Emma because each grouping of cells in an egg are different from the mothers but at the same time the same. Plus, John Sublime probably fertilized the eggs himself so they could possibly have some of his DNA. And with the fact that he or the 'thousand-in-one' clones said that we altered there DNA, so his could also mean that he made sure that they would telepathy and their diamond forms. I would also like to say that I don't think that X-23 is exactly like Wolverine and that's why he's stated that he's her 'uncle'. I would like the think that all the clones would be thought of as child of a parent that has given up their eggs or sperm as a donor; that they are only a parent or relation to that said being when they see that 'being' as family and as Emma has stepped up to the pass as a mothe - ie. the said clones calling her mother and Emma calling them her 'girls' and the fact that she has even made the girls teachers seeing that if they were like her then they would love teaching - then Emma more of there mother then cell donor or person who they were cloned from. 

PS. The only Stepford sister who was like Emma was Esme (in personality). XD
#17 Edited by nyx (114 posts) - - Show Bio

I could have sworn I read/heard that the Cuckoos were made up of Emma's and someone else's DNA.  Besides, if the Cuckoos were clones, they would not be blond (then again, neither would/should Megan Frost-Summers and Ruby for that matter--or was it ever confirmed who Ruby's mother was?!), seeing as how Emma is a brunette.

#18 Posted by Wishful_Thinker (77 posts) - - Show Bio
This was like months ago but blonde hair is also a recessive trait  in Emma's and Scott's families (See Havok, Adrienne and Hazel Frost) so therefore their children have a possibility to come out blonde.
#19 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@Squares: I agree with what Fesak said that they were created from ovium cells, plus if they were exact clones, they would have brown hair, since Emma is naturally a brunette and they would the exact same powers.

X force 21 there shown as auburn brunettes. Seems like a bit of a dig giving emma clones reddish hair.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.