Steel returns.....

#1 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8655 posts) - - Show Bio

ANIMAL MAN #15

Written by JEFF LEMIRE

Art by STEVE PUGH, TIMOTHY GREEN II and JOSEPH SILVER

Cover by STEVE PUGH

On sale DECEMBER 5 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+

• “ROTWORLD: THE RED KINGDOM” part three!

• Trapped in a horrible future controlled by The Rot, Animal Man battles Grodd and his Gorillas in a city they’re claiming for their own!

• Frankenstein joins the fight!

• Guest-starring Steel, Black Orchid, Beast Boy and John Constantine!

• Plus: Find out what happened to Maxine after Buddy left with Swamp Thing to enter Rotworld. Hint: It’s not good..

@DEGRAAF @Superguy0009e

#2 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like a weird book for Steel to show up in, but I'm excited to see how it works out

#3 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Warmachine is that you?

dammit where is his badass hammer

#4 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rumble Man said:

Warmachine is that you?

dammit where is his badass hammer

Yeh, but at least his armor out of the prototype phase

#5 Posted by The_Tree (7283 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel seems out of place, but I'll give Lemire the benefit of the doubt. I love Irons, so it's always nice to seem him around.

#6 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. I was surprised to see him pop up in the pages of Animal Man. Good thing it is a well-written book, so I have no fears of how he'll be portrayed here.

#7 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping the 'S' could be sprayed paint Red and Yellow.

#8 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

Strange book for Steel to show up in. Animal Man is a dark fantasy book and Steel's more of a technological character. Still loving his pimped out War Machine like armour.

#9 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: @Lvenger: @sethysquare: @Twentyfive: @The_Tree: @KnightRise: @Rumble Man: Steeel make his reapearance in issue 13,here is the scan of the preview,that gives a better look

#10 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@Imagine_Man15: @Lvenger: @sethysquare: @Twentyfive: @The_Tree: @KnightRise: @Rumble Man: Steeel make his reapearance in issue 13,here is the scan of the preview,that gives a better look

He's massive

#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: That's what she said.

Sorry sorry I had to, the 12 year old version of me is holding a gun to my head.

#12 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to see Steel

The armor is odd, but I like it.

#13 Posted by The_Tree (7283 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like that look, he looks like a grey Robotman with an S shield. I also have a hard time believing a man can fit into that suit, unless he's not actually in it in the story.

#14 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8655 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise: LOOl,true...I can wait fto seen him back,I hope thye give better tech and weaponry

#15 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: lol

@matchesmalone21: Seriously, where does his body go?

@The_Tree said:

I also have a hard time believing a man can fit into that suit, unless he's not actually in it in the story.

Hmm

#16 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8655 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe this suits,is like the version wearing bys his niece Natasha,that is capable to control size and density

Natasha Steel
#17 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh

Where is his iconic hammer?

#18 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah Steel in Animal Man is random, but I love it. I need more hammer though for sure.

#19 Posted by Charlemagne (6969 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like a bastardization of War Machine......and kinda like Metallo lol

#20 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

It is too War Machine. Still got the Black man scowl though lol.

"What the hell I'm doin' behind this white woman? Damn Beast Boy got his legs open. He too happy to see me."

#21 Posted by The_Tree (7283 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark said:

Yeah Steel in Animal Man is random, but I love it. I need more hammer though for sure.

Ah, yes! It's not Steel without the hammer.

#22 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

A bit bulky but not too bad.

#23 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotworld is an alternate reality story though.

#24 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez, man. That suit is GIGANTIC!! No complaints here. This week looks good with Animal Man, Batwing, Action, Earth 2. and Phantom Stranger. I haven't bought this many books from a single publisher on a single Wednesday in a while.

#25 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8655 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan: Lemire siad it isn't an alternate timeline or reality (basically),is the DCU in the future after Animal Man and Swamp Thing disappear

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (14686 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like Steel and I'm glad we'll see more of him but his costume looks really not in place and not that cool.But I really wanna see what will Jeff Lemire do with him.

#27 Posted by stephens2177 (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

his suit finally looks powerful and tough,like he really is strong and durable as hell,not to mention it looks like it secret weapons stashed all over it.he calls it his war armor,i wonder when this story is over if in the present time he will be using something similar.

#28 Posted by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

I like this look a lot better than before, in AC. Some shielding is lacking, don't know why he would expose the pistons but not bad. I guess the size is to avoid too much of an ironman look, and Batwing already as that small package suit as well as the earth 2 para-troopers in Steppenwolf's country.

#29 Posted by Ms. Omega (4437 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is the girl in purple nest to him?

#30 Posted by Lvenger (19293 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega: Black Orchid. She's in Justice League Dark at the moment.

#31 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@drgnx: its only an android though. He transferred his consciousness unto that

#32 Edited by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare:

Ah Okay, Thanks! I like the design, but we already have, or hopefully still have, the Eradicator and Hank Henshaw, so hopefully he keeps this design but as a Mech suit and not a consciousness in a robot body, since Rot-World is going to be reset.

#33 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Justice League Dark crossover with this?

#34 Edited by drgnx (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez: No, this takes place in an Alternate future, one that is about to be undone.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.