Follow

Steel

Character » Steel appears in 955 issues.

Inspired by Superman, John Henry Irons mimicked his powers with technology. However, his greatest powers are his heart, mind and determination.

Reboot

Retro_Metro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Retro_Metro

If there was a remake of the film what would you want do with it? I know the first thing I would focus on is the suit! XD

Shn275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Shn275

IMO, you can't really do a proper Steel film without having Superman's presence in one form or another. I mean Supes' the one that inspired him in the first place. With DC/WB's upcoming Man of Steel & Justice League films, a Steel reboot would be very nice if done with some care, especially if it could tie-in slightly with the Man of Steel; maybe a cameo by Henry Cavill as Superman, that is if the film's a success.

As for his armor, he's got to have the "S on his Chest"; he's also got to have his hammer but modified abit; his other armaments aswell; his helmet, however is another story. In the comics his helmet has always had a "human-like" face, which is fine for the comics, but not the big screen. I'd say they should take some cues from the Iron Man films, and give him a tech-inspired helmet but still retain the Steel trademark.

Suggested actors: Idris Elba, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Terry Crews, Derek Luke, Kevin Grevioux, etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.