New 52 Steel Respect Thread

• 65 results
#1 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

In November 2011, the New 52 and now began a new direction was taken to the superheroes of DC, principally to one of the more committed hero of all: Steel

Let's take a look at the new Steel feats in this new universe:

To see another New 52 Respect Thread,click here:http://www.comicvine.com/dc-comics/57-10/new-52-respect-threads/92-672946/

Action Comics 2

Doctor Irons for the American army, with a project called men of steel that constitued in creating battle armors. He is against any abuse with humans or not humans.

Action Comics 3

The process of using the armor is to merge the User with the armor,to have a better control and despite isn't safe yet,he was improving the procedure.

Action Comics 4

Created the Metal Zero in the case of a alien invasion happen.

Saving Superman.

To have created Metallo's armor, he knew how to disable it and then install a virus on it, causing it to be immobile (not to mention cutting the C.O.M.P.U.T.O. control over Corben.)

Action Comics 7

Supporting a destroyed bridge for over 2 minutes to give time for the police to evacuate it.

Using Armor's strength and pshysic knowledge redirects a ferry that would fall into the abyss.

Helping Metropolis citizens putting out fires, preventing robberies and much more

Action Comics Annual 1

Building a new battlesuit.

Landing a strike at Kryptonite Man and also whistand their blows,giving time to Superman pick up a insulated suit to protect himself and then defeat K-Man.

Leave the superhero life aside for a while so you can travel around the world helping those most in need through its technology.

Animal Man 13

After Rot having conquered the world and killed the heroes,he built an android body and transferred his consciousness into a it

Animal Man 14

Killing rotlings.

Animal Man 15

Killing Grodd's soldiers.

Animal Man 16

Lifting a bus.

Steel is capable to discover what powers a person have through its energy signature and look their profile into his own database (similar with Cyborg).

Destroying Blackbiar Thorn's giant body.

Can shoot laser from his fingers.

Zoom and X-ray vision.

Beating a rotling Cyborg and hack his systems to use it against the zombies.

Swamp Thing 17

Uses his own energy supplies to recharge a bat-robot,which would save the world.

Justice League of America 5

Amanda Waller already considered Steelbeing part of the team!!!

#2 Posted by 202122 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Steel is an underrated hero to say the least

#3 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

I like him but didn't get the issues that he has appeared in the New 52. I heard good things about it but I haven't got it yet. 

#4 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122: yeah,tru..I think he deserve more,he should be in Cyborg's place in the Justice League

#6 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@202122 said:

Steel is an underrated hero to say the least

For real. And of all the characters to get a respect thread, he was not in my mind at all.

I hope he gets his own series set in the present day, with an updated armor.

#7 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, a Steel respect thread. Cant wait for a Steel solo book.

#10 Posted by cameron83 (7318 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't understand why everytime a hero is shot at,even ones who clearly have armor,they always aim for the armor only,especially when they have an entire part of their body vulnerable..like the head

#11 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Yes and I hope he acts in another city, so it does not disappear in the shadow of Superman, as happened before.

@cameron83: Hmm,good question

#12 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: nono. he should stay in metropolis. There are like a gazillion people in Gotham and only 2 heroes in metropolis sounds a little unfair.

#13 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Agreed an disagreed. Now I agree with you, he should stay in Metropolis, but I hope he receives the proper treatment it deserves and not be just as Superman's robin,I wish Superman engages with more alien threats so that Steel becomes the protector of the city. This is one of the biggest problems is Gotham is full of heroes, to me it had to be only Batman and Robin and others will defend another city,likeTodd or Tim (he spent most of his time with the Teen Titans),Dick should return to Bludhaven,Barbara well New York...

#14 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I dunno about that. I like him in Metropolis. Theres always new villains that they can create so he can fight them. They've been pushing Steel for quite a while and I think its possible that he would get an ongoing soon enough.

#15 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: He deserves a ongoing series,I liked his old comics, show a bit of reality in which we lived and that could be explored and then also what was done by Milestone,exploring themes like racism.. I'd like to see him fight the technological villains,like Metallo and the Intergang

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@sethysquare: He deserves a ongoing series,I liked his old comics, show a bit of reality in which we lived and that could be explored and then also what was done by Milestone,exploring themes like racism.. I'd like to see him fight the technological villains,like Metallo and the Intergang

Yeah. I hope Steel comes back and fights the intergang. That would be freaking awesome.

#17 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Yeah,for me they looks like more Steel villains than Superman villains!! it's incredible that we don't have new about his return,did you notice that most of Dc's black heroes have something with technology? Examples:Cyborg,Steel,Mr. Terrific

#18 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@sethysquare: Yeah,for me they looks like more Steel villains than Superman villains!! it's incredible that we don't have new about his return,did you notice that most of Dc's black heroes have something with technology? Examples:Cyborg,Steel,Mr. Terrific

Also electricity, Black Lightning and Static.

But other than that, we still got Dr Mist, Vixen, Skitter, Voodoo and etc.

#19 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: Oh yeah,I forgot that...I don't like skitter,she's a awful character

#20 Posted by termiteone4ever (7364 posts) - - Show Bio

They should have done more with steel

#21 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

Also electricity, Black Lightning and Static.

But other than that, we still got Dr Mist, Vixen, Skitter, Voodoo and etc.

I hope the first 3 characters stay as instrumental characters in their respective corners of the DCU. But knowing DC, we won't see them soon... (I believe Mist will be gone after this arc, Vixen is injured, and Skitter, I hope she stays for a while.)

#22 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: Skitter will be staying for a while. Not a big fan of Vixen. I bought Voodoo for a while and I think she could be a great addition to DC.

#23 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I read some Voodoo comics and odn't like her,she did not seem to fit in this new universe

#24 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I think she is a great character and fits into the edge category quite well. I guess she may need a better writer to do well?

#25 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: It's possible..maybe Jim Palmiotti would return to Teen Titans or maybe Michael Green assume the title,would be good since he's do a great job with teams (heroes)

#26 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: dont really get the post. Voodoo is joining teen titans?

#27 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: My bad,I got confused, ended up talking about Skitter....

She should be a member of Stormwatch,to replace Martian Manhunter and get the spotlight...

#28 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: I think Scott Lobdell is doing great with Teen Titans. LOL. And yeah Voodoo wont be joining Stormwatch. She'll probably be joining Wildcats.

#29 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I don't like Teen ''Tron'' Titans (LOL),but I admit there are good things in this comics as Superboy interacts with the world and with their own teammates. Hmmm,I prefer Voodoo with Stormwatch because their past with Daemonites

#30 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: @202122 @StarKiller809:more scans

@sethysquare: It' isn't really Iohn Henry Iron isn Animal 13,he transfer his mind to a robot

#31 Edited by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Oh, jeez. What happened? So he's no longer a human huh? I would have accepted that, but it is too close to Cyborg's story, only this time, he may be fully Robot. I kinda wish Lemire got the OK from Superman editors to do this. Who knows? Maybe he did.

HUGE EDIT: OH YEAH! I just remembered (because I am not up to speed on AM at the moment) that I think Buddy's been transported to an alternate future. So maybe, he might still be human. Thank goodness.

#32 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i'd check out a steel solo comic he seems like an interesting character.

#33 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: This isn't an alternate future,this is a real future is actually happening,because when entered in the Rotworld they experienced a time warp. In other words, this future only happened because they disappeared,then when they come out of there, only the future will be repaired and would still have to fix the past.

John Henry Iron is really a robot,he transfered his mind or implanted his brain on that the body.

@Mega_spidey01: Steel doesn't have yet his own comics,he had during the 90s.

#34 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21: Aww, man. I just hope to see Natasha Irons as a teenaged human girl. Preferably 16-18. But mainly human.

#35 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive: Me to, I like her..but I'm think that she will appear in Acton Comics,I hope that Scholly Fisch bring her back and write more Steel back up stories

#36 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@sethysquare: I want to see that fight in New 52,Cyborg vs Steel

@202122: @termiteone4ever: @cameron83: @Twentyfive@Jakesully1981 :more scans

#37 Posted by termiteone4ever (7364 posts) - - Show Bio

@matchesmalone21 said:

@sethysquare: I want to see that fight in New 52,Cyborg vs Steel

@202122: @termiteone4ever: @cameron83: @Twentyfive :more scans

Animal Man 17

Excellent scan

#38 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@termiteone4ever: Thanks

#39 Posted by _Xander_Slade_ (661 posts) - - Show Bio

fck the new steel. Might as well go read Iron man

#40 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (12184 posts) - - Show Bio

did they drop New 52 Steel altogether or what?

#42 Posted by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably. Hope Not Though.

#43 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Edited by TommyJones1945 (751 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet art. CIN.

#45 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

Him not having a helmet is stupid. Almost normal person can knock him out nevermind metas.....

#46 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12184 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the new armor, does he fly though? Any super strength, speed, does his armor protect him from super human level damage?

@dernman said:

Him not having a helmet is stupid. Almost normal person can knock him out nevermind metas.....

Lex Luthor called, he said "LOL, Cool story bro"

#47 Edited by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the new armor, does he fly though? Any super strength, speed, does his armor protect him from super human level damage?

@dernman said:

Lex Luthor called, he said "LOL, Cool story bro"

Lex Luthor faces Superman would would never kill him and uses manipulation on everyone else. Steel faces bad guys who would gladly kill him. Besides Luthor always was better when he's not in armor. Steel's whole thing revolves around his armor.

#48 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: @dernman: The latest pre-flashpoint Lex Luthor's armor have a force field to protect his head. In New 52 he wear a helmet,at least during Andy Diggle's Action Comics run.

Suicide Squad 25

The hammer can shoot energy blast.

Suicide Squad 27

Endured the weights of a mountain,alongside Powergirl.

Suicide Squad 28

Jumps from an airplane at impossible heights on the top of a building.

Takes a heat vision from OMAC without being harmed,due the glasses.

#49 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8761 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman/Superman Annual 1

Steel and Batgirl sneak upon Warworld's security systems and sent it into destruction mode.

Suicide Squad 29

Hits OMAC right up in the face.

#50 Posted by Dernman (15093 posts) - - Show Bio

bumpity

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.