Why has no one used any of Static Shock's (TV series) bang babies

#1 Posted by krspaceT (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley Quinn, Question Number 2, Condiment King, Livewire, Mercy, Aqualad, Mas Y Menos, Billy Numerous, Cinderblock, Wendy and Marvin, Firestar, H.E.R.B.I.E, The Next Avengers, X-23, Nova, White Tiger the fifth, they all got to appear in T.V shows before they became comic book characters.....

Why not any of Static's T.V show foes. Ebon and Permafrost are just two examples of potential immigrants.

It would have been better than Static's DCnU comic....

#2 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT: Maybe Static Shock villains aren't that appealing or don't have a cult following. .

#3 Posted by krspaceT (1484 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: some might work....Ebon. Or Permafrost.....

#4 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@krspaceT said:

@Static Shock: some might work....Ebon. Or Permafrost.....

Maybe they could. But, you have to understand that the reason why a lot these other characters get appearances in comic books is because of popularity stemming from their animated appearances.

Also, the most recent White Tiger, Ava Ayala, appeared in comic books first. She was in Avengers Academy #20. The issue was published late last year.

#5 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

Ebon, Shiv, and Talon were some cool villains. DC really missed out on a perfect oppurtunity to include them in the new 52.

#6 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see Specs and Trapper. Trapper had tech that was able to control motion. They are a duo that was minions which later became their own villains. they showed that static was smart when they are around. they have equipment that can not be out muscled to be defeated.

There was a child that uses his imagination summon beings. Cartoon and video game characters he can call for his bidding. You know the issue would be fun if he around. he can also be use as substitute hero. They need those for an excuse.

#7 Posted by tahmidk (283 posts) - - Show Bio

I never found them that interesting apart from that shadow guy that fused with the other dude in the last episode, also i thought gear was meant to be gay ?

#8 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Dwayne Mcduffie said himself that Gear was gay. And I wonder why Holocaust never made an appearance in the show.

#9 Posted by BlackWind (6344 posts) - - Show Bio

@Black_Claw: I'd very much like to see Ebon in the comics. He could have been a lot more dangerous than the cartoon would allow.

#10 Edited by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind: yeah, I can really picture ebon coming into conflict with holocaust as much as static if he were in the comics.

#11 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9057 posts) - - Show Bio

They weren't really popular enough for them to become comic book characters. I would have loved to see Gear as a comic character =(

#12 Posted by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that's a shame. I definitely would've loved to see Holocaust and Ebon have a villain vs villain battle.

#13 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Hot Streak got a chance. But Ebon, Gear, and the others did not.

#14 Posted by wisesonAC (162 posts) - - Show Bio

Who knows what the future holds; i really hope they get used. especially Ebon cool ass dude who could be alot better if he could his powers to their full potential. like in a medium such a comic as opposed to a kids show.

#15 Posted by StatFan201 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@ wisesonAC Nuff said

#16 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Dwayne Mcduffie said himself that Gear was gay. And I wonder why Holocaust never made an appearance in the show.

Probably because of his name. I think Hot Streak was his replacement on the show.

#17 Edited by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13141 posts) - - Show Bio

@stmichalofwilson: hotstreak existed in the comics before the cartoon so he doesn't count

#19 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13141 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_claw: makes you wonder how his Dad handled that. He wasn't to thrilled with the fact that his son was BFFs with a black boy so I don't see the whole "pop, I'm gay" thing going over well

#20 Edited by Black_Claw (2988 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: True, come to think of it that would have made an extremely good episode if the shows crew had the balls to pull it off.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.