Static"s Portrayal in Young Justice

#1 Posted by StatFan201 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

How will Static be portrayed in Young Justice?

1. Will his origin be changed? If so do you agree with the decision?

2. Will he have a somewhat prominent role in any of the episodes, or will he be used mainly as background character?

3. Will he be shown to exhibit a wide range of abilities, or will he be reduced to a lightning chucker?

#2 Posted by Black_Claw (2889 posts) - - Show Bio

Well he did appear in before the dawn, unfortunately he didn't have a single line aside from a couple of grunts. But he did try to shoot Black Beetle with some ray gun, so that could be a hint of him joining in the future. I sure hope they keep his origin though.

#3 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8884 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I hope his origins doesn't change to much, but I have a feeling it will.

2. I have a feeling he is going to play more of a background character.

3. I think he is only going to have his lightning powers

#4 Posted by BlackWind (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

Reducing Static to simply a black guy who throws electricity would be a tragedy. He's too creative for that.

#5 Posted by Sir_Deadpool (461 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

Reducing Static to simply a black guy who throws electricity would be a tragedy. He's too creative for that.

yep you are sure right! He was always one of my favorite charachters but nobody was able to match his character yet!

#6 Edited by Twentyfive (2843 posts) - - Show Bio

His origin been changed. No more big bang, but now he's always had the potential to be a metahuman, and he's been experimented on. I'm fine with that.

No prominent role. I think he's here to appease some fans that hoped at some point to see him. Like myself.

Lightning chucker, sadly.

Also, he is a lot younger than I would have liked in that show. Oh well.

#7 Posted by BlackWind (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive said:

His origin been changed. No more big bang, but now he's always had the potential to be a metahuman, and he's been experimented on. I'm fine with that.

No prominent role. I think he's here to appease some fans that hoped at some point to see him. Like myself.

Lightning chucker, sadly.

Also, he is a lot younger than I would have liked in that show. Oh well.

This is what I thought would happen, which is why I'm not disappointed. Static needs his own title.

#8 Posted by StatFan201 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

So far, from what I can tell, his characterization minus the origin seems to be okay. From the latest episode its seems that Lex Luthor will try to use him and the other kidnapped kids to build a team to challenge the YJ team. I'm kind of disappointed that even though I like Blue Beetle he seems to be the only new character to get any character development despite a lot of fans pushing for Static to join. I'm also a little disappointed that his origin changed, but at least we get to see him.

#9 Posted by BlackWind (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

@StatFan201: Really, could it have been so hard for Virgil to have been at the Big Bang, but not yet manifested his powers, then have the Reach kidnap him?

#10 Posted by StatFan201 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess they didn't want to go into a different story line, which doesn't really make any sense because Blue Beetle's origin is intact, and they only needed to show a small clip of it to show how it happened. Besides from the way that Virgil described it the kidnapped teens were all experimented on and some of them apparently died which is essentially the same thing that happened in the big bang.

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

there are a lot of other characters in this show...... a lot so you can only do so much with Static since he isn't a main character

#12 Posted by StatFan201 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither is Mal, but he gets more lines than most of the people who are actually on the team.

#13 Posted by BlackWind (5527 posts) - - Show Bio

Meanwhile Wonder Girl in her first big modern animated series has been absent how long...?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.