Follow

Static

Character » Static appears in 185 issues.

Virgil Hawkins was exposed to a mutagenic gas that swept his city of Dakota, which gave him and other 'bang babies" superpowers. With the ability to control electromagnetism, Static joined the Teen Titans and continues to protect his city while serving on the team.

Static - Teen Genius

OrpheusTelos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OrpheusTelos

Static recently appeared in Teen Titans #6, and not only did he get better character development in that issue than the entirety of Scott McDaniels run, but he's been upgraded to Super Genius. I'm not even exaggerating there, it's revealed that Virgil was the one who designed Red Robins costume (or at least the glider wings), and he creates Kid Flash's new to keep him from vibrating himself from existence.

No Caption Provided

For those who read the issue, what are your thoughts? Personally, I kind of like it. I mean yeah, Virgil was A LOT smarter than he used to be, but I think it's a cool development. If Virgil ends up joining the team on a full time basis in the future, he'd definitely have his niche.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Static Shock

I think it's an interesting development. 

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BatteredArmor

It was awesome, really glad Lobdell did this with the character, only thing I liked more about this issue was the reference to his original costume.

Steps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Steps

He made a damn robo raptor, he is officially the coolest character in teen titans

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Kallarkz

is he part of the team now?

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Kallarkz:

Soon........

OrpheusTelos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OrpheusTelos

@Kallarkz: Not yet. He's apparently going to join in the future, but he was just guest starring in Issue #6. Red Robin decides to take the team to Virgil so that he can treat Kid Flash's condition.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

This version of Static is a combo of Static and Gear. ME GUSTA. Can't wait for him to join the team in the future, I will be anxiously, yet very excitedly, be awaiting for this to happen. I think Static is more of a team character and the Rob can do wonders for him in character development.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BlackWind

Finally! I've always wanted Static to be in a place where he can put his brains to use.

StatFan201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StatFan201

I don't think Virgil is supposed to be a genius. I think he's just supposed to be really smart and creative. Why does he look like Trey Songz?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BlackWind

@StatFan201 said:

I don't think Virgil is supposed to be a genius. I think he's just supposed to be really smart and creative. Why does he look like Trey Songz?

Its a reboot, they changed lots of things. Besides, most people welcomed this addition.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.