Static Shock series

#1 Posted by davidkenneth (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Did the new Static Shock series start yet because I thought it was suppose to start on May 4th?
#2 Posted by Thowell3 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

No It Didn't, I ordered it while at my local comic store and it never came in. I looked it up on a Comic pull site I use and it shows as "N/A" Meaning that they possibly cancelled it before it even started or they pushed it back.....Again.

#3 Posted by Sling Shot (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Dwayne McDuffie(Static's creator) supposed to write it? Because he died recently .

#4 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sling Shot:  no it was Felicia Henderson who was supposed to be writing it but then she was pulled off the book and it got pushed back
#5 Posted by davidkenneth (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Never mind I just found out it was actually cancelled
#6 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was just being delayed like the Batwoman series. I know there's a tribute comic coming in honor of Dwayne McDuffie.

#7 Posted by mark5 (1207 posts) - - Show Bio
@davidkenneth said:
cancelled? Why?
#8 Posted by davidkenneth (434 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark5
I don't know why there's an article on CBR. The Static Shock Special is still coming out though.
#9 Posted by Icarusflies (12512 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark5 said:

@davidkenneth said:
cancelled? Why?

Probably because Felicia Henderson is a horrible writer, and DC realized that she was going to send the Static series down the toilet.

#10 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:

@mark5 said:

@davidkenneth said:
cancelled? Why?

Probably because Felicia Henderson is a horrible writer, and DC realized that she was going to send the Static series down the toilet.

but she was taken off the series ages ago thats why it has first pushed back, but I haven't heard anything about it being cancelled though they were just waiting for a writer to jump on
#11 Posted by davidkenneth (434 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@davidkenneth: thanks, sounds like this one-shot is also having a bit of trouble hopfully it will be out in the next few weeks
#13 Posted by AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge (1162 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess when McDuffie passed away, they may have postpone the series for a later month.....

#14 Posted by FridgeRaider (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Did any of you guys pick up the Static Shock One-Shot?

#15 Posted by Midnight Monk (225 posts) - - Show Bio

Hope Static returned in the Teen Titan reboot, depowering him was the biggest mistake I've ever seen

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.