Static Shock new book series compared to the Animated Series

#1 Posted by papad1992 (6833 posts) - - Show Bio

Are they gonna infuse some characters from the show that made Static static!?!? Or are they gonna completely wipe them from our memories!!?? Cause I would love to see Gear appear and Rubberband Man and also Ebon, Talon, Shiv, Kangor, Hot Streak, Camendillo... Those were some cool characters!!! What about Daisy and Frieda!?!? I think if they combine those characters into this series it would be a whole lot better!! Because right now it's kinda monotone!!

#2 Posted by BlackArmor (6149 posts) - - Show Bio

doubt it

#3 Posted by Joygirl (20156 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Rubberband Man. I couldn't think of a sillier name if I tried.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22693 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm barely keeping this series on my pull list...if it doesn't surprise me soon then it's getting dropped

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12269 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought the first two issues and decided it would be best to remove it from the pull list. If i hear good reviews with the new writer i might be considering picking it up again. But i highly doubt that they're going to show anyone from the show. They're trying to separate Static from Static Shock, last I heard.

#6 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Frieda was mentioned in issue #2.

#7 Posted by Virgil Hawkins (7 posts) - - Show Bio

^What he said.

They did say Static will be receiving a blast from the past, but I doubt if they bring most of his former enemies back in Dakota to New York City. I think DC wants something new for him. With that underground criminal organization that wants to get rid of him (Pirahana, Virule and the slaters, etc.) I don't believe they'll be bringing back any old villains at all.

#8 Posted by Benuben (230 posts) - - Show Bio

You do realise Static was there before the cartoon? And it is only 3 issues. That is like if this was new cartoon and you watched first episode.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.