Follow

Static

Character » Static appears in 185 issues.

Virgil Hawkins was exposed to a mutagenic gas that swept his city of Dakota, which gave him and other 'bang babies" superpowers. With the ability to control electromagnetism, Static joined the Teen Titans and continues to protect his city while serving on the team.

Static Shock

tomzoid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tomzoid13

So I'm a child of the 90's and I loved Static Shock and Batman Beyond. I've been reading Batman Beyond and I'm definitely gonna read Static Shock this September. What should I expect from this, knowing that this isn't a children show anymore?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

I'd suggest reading Terror Titans. That might give you an idea. 

... man I wish he was on the Teen Titans roster again. He made that series more interesting.

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Other than Terror Titans I would suggest #69-82 of Teen Titans (towards the last issues show static back in Dakota, along with familiar characters...).

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    @AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge said:
    Other than Terror Titans I would suggest #69-82 of Teen Titans (towards the last issues show static back in Dakota, along with familiar characters...).
    Didn't really like the arc, but I enjoyed the first issue where he was in Dekota. But then... I don't know, it just wasn't good after that.
    JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By JairamGanpat
    @Adnan said:
    There was a Static Shock Special released earlier this week (or was it last week?), you might wanna give that a try too.
    yep, do that
    doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By doordoor123
    @tomzoid13 said:
    So I'm a child of the 90's and I loved Static Shock and Batman Beyond. I've been reading Batman Beyond and I'm definitely gonna read Static Shock this September. What should I expect from this, knowing that this isn't a children show anymore?
    You wont see Gear (which is a shame) but youll be seeing a lot of Milestone characters and youll probably be seeing a new supporting cast because hes moving to New York. Itll be different from the show but at the same time itll be a good ride.
    tbone1225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By tbone1225

I wonder if this comic got brought back because of the popularity of the Infamous video games...

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Static Shock
    @tbone1225 said:
    I wonder if this comic got brought back because of the popularity of the Infamous video games...
    It's dubious. 

@Adnan: I wouldn't recommend that one shot, but to each his own.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Static Shock
    @Adnan: Yes, it's that bad. Felicia Henderson wrote it, and this is probably her worst book yet.
    Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Static Shock
    @Adnan: Exactly. I actually tolerated her Teen Titans run, but this one-shot was something else.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.