Follow

Static

Character » Static appears in 185 issues.

Virgil Hawkins was exposed to a mutagenic gas that swept his city of Dakota, which gave him and other 'bang babies" superpowers. With the ability to control electromagnetism, Static joined the Teen Titans and continues to protect his city while serving on the team.

Static repowered

Avatar image for top_flight_security
    Top Flight Security

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Ever since DC announced the company wide reboot of the DC universe, there have been questions concerning everyone's favorite characters. Now I have a question concerning one of my favorites, Static. The last time we saw Virgil Hawkins, he was de-powered after a major battle fighting with the Teen Titans. Now with everything changing, the fate of the Teen Titans is currently up in the air (as far as I know) Will Static return as a part of the team? Or will DC decide to go with a more "classic" line up? I realize DC won't be able to please every fan but I have no doubt that they will try. Happy fans make for good sales. What should DC do with Static? Should he come back again and if he does, should he just remain one of the protectors of Dakota? Only time will tell. I am remaining hopeful that the execs at DC give Static a chance. He's too good of a character to just sit on the shelf along with so many others.

No Caption Provided
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Adnan

I think they should bring him in. With all this talk about diversity, I'm expecting him. 

A friend of mine introduced me to a Milestone comic called 'Blood Syndicate' a while back (TT fans might be aware of it, it's where Holocaust is from). It had a very diverse team, and it was well-written too (atleast I think so). It'd be nice if some of the guys from it appeared.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By fodigg

Virgil is the man, and he deserves to be a flagship character for DC.

Avatar image for top_flight_security
    Top Flight Security

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@Adnan said:
    I think they should bring him in. With all this talk about diversity, I'm expecting him.   A friend of mine introduced me to a Milestone comic called 'Blood Syndicate' a while back (TT fans might be aware of it, it's where Holocaust is from), another Milestone book. It had a very diverse team, and it was well-written too (atleast I think so). It'd be nice if some of the guys from it appeared.
    I agree. DC brought back the Blood Syndicate a while back before Mr. Mc Duffie died but since then, nothing. These are some of the characters that are not getting much respect. You have to take care of your flagship books but I hope the rest  of the characters are not forgotten.
    Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Adnan
    @Top Flight Security: Agreed. The Static book isn't set in Dakota, but New York, so that might mean less focus on the Dakotaverse characters, and more on the DC ones (which was to be expected anyway, I suppose...) I'm hoping for a Blood Syndicate book, or atleast some sorta book based a little more firmly in the Milestone mythos. Don't see it happening though.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

Static will be fine im more worried about Icon

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.