Follow

Static

Character » Static appears in 185 issues.

Virgil Hawkins was exposed to a mutagenic gas that swept his city of Dakota, which gave him and other 'bang babies" superpowers. With the ability to control electromagnetism, Static joined the Teen Titans and continues to protect his city while serving on the team.

Milestone Run

StatFan201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I just finished reading the first five issues. I really like the way he acts when he finds out about Frieda and Larry. I also like the whole triangle between the three, especially the whole friendzone thing, and the way he and his family interact. Virgil reminds me of early Steve Urkel from Family Matters.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I really wish he and Frieda acted like this in the show (while still having his bond with Richie). It also sucks that Larry only appeared in the first episode of the series.

OutlawRenegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_claw: Totally agree. I loved Static in the comics more because his realtionships were more mature, but i liked his friendship with Richie on the show as well as his rivalry with Hotstreak and Ebon.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outlawrenegade: @black_claw: Personally I liked the cartoon's version of his family relationships better. But the comic versions were good too. However I disliked hos Hotstreak never felt like much of a threat after a certain point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.