John Rozum leaves Static Shock

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the source.

He doesn't say why, but he says he is staying with DC and is even "developing new material" right now. It's a shame he left Static before #2 even came out though.

edit: We can only assume that Scott McDaniel will be writing the book by himself now. Which will be interesting, 'cos while he's an established artist, I believe this is the first title where he's actually a writer.

#2 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

Here's the source.

He doesn't say why, but he says he is staying with DC and is even "developing new material" right now. It's a shame he left Static before #2 even came out though.

OMFG. Aztek needs to get on here. I'd say I told you so, but I really didn't. In either case, our predictions were wrong O.o

#3 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

wow...that was quicker then expected...

good thing I wasn't planning on picking up #2 :P

Moderator
#4 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

Edited first post, just to clear something up.

@ReVamp: "told you so" as in...cancellation? It's not cancelled (yet?) though it does seem like a lot of people are expecting this.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

A one issue run? This must be some kind of record...

Moderator
#6 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

Edited first post, just to clear something up.

@ReVamp: "told you so" as in...cancellation? It's not cancelled (yet?) though it does seem like a lot of people are expecting this.

No, Just to be clear, I didn't "tell" Aztek so and no, we were talking about how long till a writing change.

@The Dark Huntress said:

A one issue run? This must be some kind of record...

Pretty sure it should go in the guiness book of world records, specially since he isn't leaving DC...

@aztek_the_lost said:

wow...that was quicker then expected...

good thing I wasn't planning on picking up #2 :P

Same.

#7 Edited by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress:Sorry, you must've posted whilst I was editing the post. The other co-writer, Scott McDaniel, is presumably still writing. Also, the first few issues were supposed to have been written beforehand anyway...

I wanted to change the title to "Co-writer John Rozum leaves Static Shock" to avoid confusion, but I don't know how to change thread titles...

@ReVamp: Oh, ok. How would you anticipate a writer change though? I haven't read Static myself, was the writing really bad or something?

#8 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

@The Dark Huntress:Sorry, you must've posted whilst I was editing the post. The other co-writer, Scott McDaniel, is presumably still writing. Also, the first few issues were supposed to have been written beforehand anyway...

I wanted to change the title to "Co-writer John Rozum leaves Static Shock" to avoid confusion, but I don't know how to change thread titles...

@ReVamp: Oh, ok. How would you anticipate a writer change though? I haven't read Static myself, was the writing really bad or something?

We were shooting for around a year I think. Which isn't much but... Its better than this... I thought Static was kinda forgettable TBH, probably wasn't picking up Static Shock #2 anyhows.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.