Do you think Static should get his own comic book series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio

When I was 13, a little dinky show (jk) called Static Shock first premiered on the WB animated line-up. I was able to relate to the character and seeing how there were little African American superheroes at the time, I found him interesting. So much so that when created my first superhero, he was carbon copy of Static. To me DC has a gold mine they have yet to tap into. A story about a teenage character who goes through the same issues a real teenage goes through. Now, I understand here lies the problem. That's the story of Peter Parker aka Spider-Man...or more specifically Ultimate Spider-Man. Maybe it's the fanboy in me, but I would really like to see a new solo Static book where he can see more of this characters adventures and explore his interaction with the other teenage superheroes. I know, they're exploring that with the Teen Titans, but I would love to see if it's just good ole Virgil Ovid Hawkins. 

#1 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

There is one comming in 2011 written by Felicia Anderson (Writer of Gossip Girl and Fringe, Teen titans comic)

#2 Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter:  There is???? Can you give me a link?? Thank you, thank you, for letting me know!
#3 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2010/07/16/static-ongoing-series-to-launch-in-2011/

no problem

#4 Posted by danhimself (22498 posts) - - Show Bio

it's written by Felicia Henderson?   That sucks for Static fans

#5 Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter:  THANK YOU!!!!
#6 Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  to be honest, i don't know who that is...is he bad writer?
#7 Posted by danhimself (22498 posts) - - Show Bio
@Justize:  it's a she and her recent run on Teen Titans was probably the worst since Geoff Johns left the book and that's saying a lot....I've stuck with Teen Titans this entire time since they're my favorite characters but I've been really close to dropping the title since she's been writing it....she's the writer for the tv show Gossip Girl and while I've never seen the show I can only imagine that it's terrible only because she's writing it
#8 Posted by Justize (328 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself: whoops i meant to write she (damn you spell checker). Oh boy, then this book is going to be a bitter sweet series, if she ends up sucking.
#9 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" @Justize:  it's a she and her recent run on Teen Titans was probably the worst since Geoff Johns left the book and that's saying a lot....I've stuck with Teen Titans this entire time since they're my favorite characters but I've been really close to dropping the title since she's been writing it....she's the writer for the tv show Gossip Girl and while I've never seen the show I can only imagine that it's terrible only because she's writing it "
Correction, its the worst run ever. I seriously can't think of any worse than that....

I don't see Gossip Girl but keep in mind that she is only one of the writers of the show, so I don't think its fair to label the show as bad just for her. Apparently she also wrote in prince of bel air so.....
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be nice if Static got his own comic but I doubt I would read it.I don't read comics normally anymore.Most of what I've read the past few months was published either before I was born or during my teenage years.

#11 Posted by danhimself (22498 posts) - - Show Bio

unless this series gets a different writer rather quickly into it's run then I don't see it lasting long...I've seen a lot of Henderson hate on a lot of forums....there aren't to many people looking forward to her writing this

#12 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:
Hey Fringe is pretty good and if I was a little more feminite Gossip Girl wouldn't be that bad either.
#13 Posted by GreenLantern555 (2218 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" It would be nice if Static got his own comic but I doubt I would read it.I don't read comics normally anymore.Most of what I've read the past few months was published either before I was born or during my teenage years. "
Wait, wait, wait, Vance, you are on a comic site and yet you don't read comics? Can you explain that to me?
#14 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.