DC vs Marvel

#1 Posted by StatFan201 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not a battle thread There is no reason that Static can't be to DC what Spiderman is to Marvel. There is no reason that Flash and Wonder Woman should not have live-action movies by now. As a matter of fact there is no reason that DC should not be competing with Marvel period. The only thing that is preventing this from happeneing is DC's lack of a push for any diversity. When I say diversity I'm not necessarily strictly talking about minority characters, I'm talking about characters not named Superman, Batman and the rest of the Bat-family. Over the last decade Marvel has managed to showcase more different superheroes on the big screen than DC has in three and it seems to have worked out pretty well for them. There are more superheroes than Superman and Batman in the DC universe. As far as the books go Batman doesn't need five books to show how cool he is one, maybe two does the trick. I'm tired of the same excuse of 'well those charcters don't sell as well as the others' No kidding if some effort was put into promoting them maybe they would. DC needs to take a hint from Marvel and diversify then maybe they can actually compete.

#2 Posted by BlackWind (7202 posts) - - Show Bio

They should just change their name to Batman and sometimes Superman Comics

#3 Posted by Black_Claw (3092 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

They should just change their name to Batman and sometimes Superman Comics

Lol. I was about to say the same thing. But I think that they're trying to give some heroes other than supes and bats some spotlight. I'm starting to see a lot of Green Lantern Merchandise in stores lately and plus there's the animated series so it's a start I guess.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.